An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Happened To Me Last Night

mulls

homeschoolmom

At first I thought that question was directed at Groo and the guy who stabbed him in the neck. I forgot about how this thread started out... :blush:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1136390' date='Dec 6 2006, 09:55 AM']
Nice story.

For the record... when I was little, McDonald's did have onion rings-- the good kind with a whole ring of onion rather than onion bits. By the time I was in about second grade or so, they got rid of 'em... And now I'm hungry.
[/quote]
Onion bits! That's what they are! I was always wondering why all of my onion rings were empty!

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1140165' date='Dec 11 2006, 11:46 PM']
How did Sunday night go Sean?
[/quote]

it was incredible. i brought a trusted friend with me. we just sat and talked. we went over the essentials: who God is, what He's like, love, prayer, sin, the cross, etc.

it's such a great experience, because it blows away every mainstream evangelical idea about ministry. there is no sinner's prayer or altar call or 're-dedication' to be had here. and for the catholic fundamentalist, there would be no RCIA classes to attend or Journey Home shows to watch.

he simply believes with child-like faith and wants to know God better. it's about love.

i asked him to pray at the end to close out our time, and he did. if i was a crier, i would have cried.

thanks for asking.

Edited by mulls