An Old School Catholic Message Board

Love Children

catholicinsd

cmotherofpirl

Why is it anyones business what circumstances surround how someone else is conceived?
The topic should never even be brought up by well-mannered adults.
The idea that we need to know everyones business is a childish result of the 60s generation, and should die with them.

I thought in the US, you could inherit anything if it was willed to you.

Do we constantly have to have debates about this? Can we just accept the fact that no matter what mistakes the parents may make, the children are given a clean state and are ALWAYS gifts of God, no matter how they come here?

Suri and Shiloh are given clean slates. Yeah, it's wrong to have sex out of wedlock and personally, I think Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are annoying, but that doesn't change the fact that these beautiful baby girls are gifts of God and completely innocent. Besides, they need our prayers as much as anyone, especially since they are living under the harsh glare of the public life since before they were born.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1139324' date='Dec 10 2006, 05:59 PM']
It actually does matter in law... You can't be an heir if you're illegitimite
[/quote]
Ah, a no longer effective law that was rarely practiced in the first place. :rolleyes:

Let's put this all in perspective.

No one is born better than others, but some die better than others. I'd rather have salvation in the next world than pride of place in this one.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='avemaria40' post='1139404' date='Dec 10 2006, 07:40 PM']

Do we constantly have to have debates about this? Can we just accept the fact that no matter what mistakes the parents may make, the children are given a clean state and are ALWAYS gifts of God, no matter how they come here?

[/quote]

Tell that to Mr. Quayle

Edited by catholicinsd

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='avemaria40' post='1139404' date='Dec 10 2006, 07:40 PM']
[/quote]

Umm... yeah... WE can accept that... but lots of people don't. :(

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1152299' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:31 PM']
Umm... yeah... WE can accept that... but lots of people don't. :(
[/quote]

Like Dan Quayle, and most of his party

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1152302' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:32 PM']
Like Dan Quayle, and most of his party
[/quote]

And some other people... that I don't even know.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1152294' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:14 PM']
Tell that to Mr. Quayle
[/quote]

If you were alive and cognizant when our former Vice President made the "Murphy Brown" remark, you would know that the target of his speech was not the offspring but rather the sinful behavior and lax attitudes of the parents.

You keep bringing this subject up, even after you found out that Opus Dei does not bar you from membership. What are you trying to accomplish? Or are you just frustrated with something or experiencing a male version of "that time of the month" and looking for someone to take it out on? If so, hit the heavy bag or see if someone wants to spar with you, there's no sin in that, otherwise I'm going to hell myself, or hit the weights or swim some laps in the pool. And for crying out loud, get your grades up so you have more options open to you to better yourself and your situation. Trust me, I had a bad family situation when I was your age as well, so I'm only speaking from experience.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1134246' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:53 PM']
The other night Glen Beck got on a rant about Suri Cruise and Shiloh Pitt being born out wedlock. Anyone see it? I sort of agree with him, our culture does glorify sex, but on others things I can never agree with.

So I pose this question- how does one codone pre-martial sex, and co-habitation (and the like) without de-humanizing the children of such unions?
[/quote]

You can't. Because what you say about Mom or Dad is what you say about the child. It's how the little minds [and little hearts work]

If one came up to me and started a lecture about co-habitation and having a child out of wedlock, I might tell you what comes out of my womb is not your business. However, if you were to befriend me and my child and lived your faith out loud, who knows, I might follow you to Mass one day. Love speaks louder than lectures. :D:

edit to add: The above is just a hypothetical situation.

Edited by Mary-Kathryn

• 1 month later...

So here we have a paradox: God planned all life- correct? God did not plan for sin- correct? So did He plan the love children or not?

[quote name='The Little Way' post='1184908' date='Feb 4 2007, 09:19 PM']
Free will.
[/quote]

It's a yes or no question. While free will pays plays into it, that's an answer.