An Old School Catholic Message Board

Love Children

catholicinsd

The other night Glen Beck got on a rant about Suri Cruise and Shiloh Pitt being born out wedlock. Anyone see it? I sort of agree with him, our culture does glorify sex, but on others things I can never agree with.

So I pose this question- how does one codone pre-martial sex, and co-habitation (and the like) without de-humanizing the children of such unions?

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1134248' date='Dec 3 2006, 06:54 PM']
Good question.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think the answer to my question is one can't totally do both.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='1134260' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:04 PM']
ohhh Gosh, not this thread again....
[/quote]

Its seriouser than before

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

honestly you seem to be a little obsessed with the topic....i mean all of your previous threads were closed.... just give it up

As one of 'those children' I hold no responsibility for what my parents did or did not do. I got a clean slate! (Which, of course, I have mucked up on my own, MY OWN! God have mercy on me!)

SO, this discussion is a mute point. Suri is Suri, God help her, and she starts off without any blame for what her parents, as wierd as they are, have done. There is no debate here!

What is Marrige?

From what I remember it's a promise you make to God and your partner. Why does a marrige certificate have to act as a license for sex?

Frankly I'd perfer if the govt stayed out of my personal believes, relationships, and life in general.

Edited by JClives

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1134261' date='Dec 3 2006, 08:06 PM']
Its seriouser than before
[/quote]

...more serious? :ninja:

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='1134272' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:21 PM']
honestly you seem to be a little obsessed with the topic....i mean all of your previous threads were closed.... just give it up
[/quote]

You're one to talk

But seriously can we really reconcile the two?

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1134291' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:38 PM']
...more serious? :ninja:
[/quote]

If that's the correct grammar.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1134246' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:53 PM']
The other night Glen Beck got on a rant about Suri Cruise and Shiloh Pitt being born out wedlock. Anyone see it? I sort of agree with him, our culture does glorify sex, but on others things I can never agree with.

So I pose this question- how does one codone pre-martial sex, and co-habitation (and the like) without de-humanizing the children of such unions?
[/quote]
The sinfulness of fornication has nothing whatever to do with the humanity of the children produced by such a union.

To use a more extreme example; if someone were conceived by rape, he would not be any less human than someone conceived in wedlock.
However, this would in absolutely no way condone the horrific crime of the rape.

Before people jump all over me, I'm not saying that pre-marital sex is at all the same level of evil as rape; but I am saying that the morality of a sexual act and the humanity of a child are two completely seperate issues.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Socrates' post='1134298' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:45 PM']
The sinfulness of fornication has nothing whatever to do with the humanity of the children produced by such a union.

To use a more extreme example; if someone were conceived by rape, he would not be any less human than someone conceived in wedlock.
However, this would in absolutely no way condone the horrific crime of the rape.

Before people jump all over me, I'm not saying that pre-marital sex is at all the same level of evil as rape; but I am saying that the morality of a sexual act and the humanity of a child are two completely seperate issues.
[/quote]

I understand what your saying, but, as a love child, it does hurt when people talk smack about unwed mothers.

homeschoolmom

Would the wife of an adulterer feel pain when hearing people discuss the evil of adultery? Yes. Should we not discuss the evil of adultery?

I don't think hating fornication is hating illegitimate children. Hating an act is not hating what is produced from that act. Because Adam sinned, God the Son was made man. Do we hate that God the Son was made man? Of course no, but we do hate Adam's sin.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1134246' date='Dec 3 2006, 07:53 PM']

[/quote]
Sex outside of marriage is wrong, but there is not wrong with any child born of such a union. All children are gifts of God, no matter how they were concieved.