An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poll: Are You Pro Choice Or Pro Life?

pcabibi

Lets get an idea of how many pro-life and pro choice people are on this board.  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Farsight one' post='1134107' date='Dec 3 2006, 03:52 PM']
Pro life...but there's so many inbetweens. Where's these:

pro abortion
anti abortion
pro death
[/quote]

because those are not legitimate standpoints, except for anti abortion which is synonmous with pro life. Anybody who is "pro abortion" or "pro death" is

A. not worth debating with anyway.
B. Represents such an insignificant portion of the population.

Edited by JClives

[quote name='Kosh' post='1134119' date='Dec 3 2006, 04:15 PM']
explain to me the difference between pro-abortion and pro-choice. Lots of people are for abortion b/c of "population pressure".
[/quote]

Pro Abortion is the support of abortion as an act in itself. Pro choice means putting a woman's right to choose, over one's personal feelings of abortion.

Anti Abortion - those against abortion
Pro Life - those for life, meaning against abortion, capital punishment, euthanasia, etc.

Pro Choice - those that believe that the decision should be up to the mother.
Pro Abortion - those that believe that abortion should be a requirement - often for the purpose of population control (like China)
Pro Death - A pro abortion person who also believes that when people get old enough, they lose their usefulness, and should be euthanized. They also tend to encourage the death penalty.

I need an athiest message board that supports polling so I can clearly distinguish the coorelation between religion and the pro-life standpoint.

From what I've read they are fairly heavily correlated, but not to the point where Athiests are Pro-Choice and Religious are Pro-Life, just that the religious tend to be more pro-life.

rollingcatholic

[quote name='JClives' post='1134162' date='Dec 3 2006, 04:16 PM']
I need an atheist message board that supports polling so I can clearly distinguish the correlation between religion and the pro-life standpoint.
[/quote]

That would prove nothing. Correlation does not equal causation.

[quote name='RC _' post='1134190' date='Dec 3 2006, 06:00 PM']
That would prove nothing. Correlation does not equal causation.
[/quote]

I would aggree if we were talking about icecream sales and shark attacks.

But when we're talking about institutions that clearly teach the value of life, and standpoints where people QUOTE teachings from this institution... then you have causation, and the coorelation simply solidifies it.

Edited by JClives

[quote name='JClives' post='1134199' date='Dec 3 2006, 06:14 PM']
I would aggree if we were talking about icecream sales and shark attacks.

But when we're talking about institutions that clearly teach the value of life, and standpoints where people QUOTE teachings from this institution... then you have causation, and the coorelation simply solidifies it.
[/quote]

Do [url="http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html"]counter examples[/url] factor in to this?

Even if the Constitution says that women have a right to abortion (and it doesn't), I really don't care. Protecting life is more important that protecting the Constitution, especially if the Constitution supports abortion.

Good thing it doesn't. :)

[quote name='BurkeFan' post='1134219' date='Dec 3 2006, 06:31 PM']
Do [url="http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html"]counter examples[/url] factor in to this?
[/quote]

not unless they account for over 1%