An Old School Catholic Message Board

Slavery V. Abortion

dairygirl4u2c

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slavery and racism are not linked issues. Unless Abraham was a racist for having a slave. There is nothing objectivly wrong with slavery, but mistreatment, etc is.
Now, if a slavery system which enslaves people because of a certain race is being proposed, we have a very different issue.

[quote name='MichaelFilo' post='1136856' date='Dec 6 2006, 08:16 PM']
Slavery and racism are not linked issues. Unless Abraham was a racist for having a slave. There is nothing objectivly wrong with slavery, but mistreatment, etc is.
Now, if a slavery system which enslaves people because of a certain race is being proposed, we have a very different issue.
[/quote]

yeah... I think that it's alright for a person to voluntarily work for someone... like butlers and housekeepers and stuff, but once someone is forced to work for someone against his or her will, then I think there's a problem

No pro-slavery candidate would ever win a primary in the United States. Not now. He would simply be unelectable. Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans would ever run such a candidate. So you would have to be talking third party, which would mean that there would be other alternatives.

I would say, the only way this would be possible is if Political America Collapsed in on and itself, and we all started over again, because thats the only likely way that this could happen, because No, Conservative, Moderate, or Liberal, will ever place this person on the Ballot Ever. America aint living in the 1860's anymore. The Civil War is over, Slavery was settled back then, lets get over it, and move on and heal up, we got more important battles to win here.

Now Abortion on the other hand in and of it self, thats the issue, thats the goldmind that needs to be dealt with.

• 2 weeks later...
dairygirl4u2c

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=61482"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=61482[/url]

See looking at this poll, and the other poll on abortion does not add up necessarily. So if there's a bad thing he's doing, like slavery, but he's pro=life, you won't vote for him. But if someone says they don't think abortion will be overturned, that's not enough of a reason to not vote for a prolife? There's surely enough other issues that are important, even if they are not slavery.

I think people are just responding with gut reaction, instead of actual critique. That's the best way I can rationalize the difference in the polls anyway.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c