An Old School Catholic Message Board

Slavery V. Abortion

dairygirl4u2c

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, I voted no. I would never vote "for" such a person. Depending on his opponant, I might vote against his opponant.

It would be better to simply remove him from the ticket.

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1132942' date='Dec 1 2006, 12:55 PM']
I refuse to speculate without an opponent.
[/quote]

Amen. If that seat were uncontested, I would not vote in his seat, but continue down the ballot.

dairygirl4u2c

what's your reasoning, for those who posted andor voted no?

If you're not sure where to start, how do you respond to someone who says "it's not going to overturn abortion, so why vote that way". Then what you say probably would be "but it might eventually" or something like that. But simply insisting "but it might eventually" only helps those who can know there's at least a reasonable chance. WHat about those who see next to know chance, or no chance at all? Try to begin delineating standards someone trying to make that call could follow. philosophy/poly sci majors requested particularly.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

goldenchild17

No. A pro-life candidate with no chance of this actually affecting pro-life issues who is also pro-slavery which would take affect is not worth voting for.

[quote name='Noeyez' post='1133243' date='Dec 1 2006, 05:56 PM']
ok so who voted yes? lol

just kidding I'm not touching this with a 10 foot pole.
[/quote]
I find your new screen name amusing. :lol:

[quote name='JClives' post='1133221' date='Dec 1 2006, 06:39 PM']
I voted no. Racisim is abhorently unacceptabe.
[/quote]

He said slavery. There is a big difference between slavery and racism, even if the two were joined in the US at one point.
I don't even have a problem with slavery. However, unless knowing the oppenent, it would be imprudent to simply throw my vote at this fellow. Now, if the oppenent was an inverse situtation (would likely secure abortion, but may fight against those who wish to return slavery), then I should prefer the former simply because abortion is an evil which takes away life, while slavery, if practiced in a Christian love, is reflective of a heirarchal soceity.