An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers?

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi All,
I desperately need prayers! I broke my foot last night playing volleyball, and it's going to get snowy and icey tomorrow on campus....I don't know how to get around and finals are only 2 weeks away! I need to be able to get to class!!!
Please pray that I don't kill myself getting to class... I'm really nervous about slipping and hurting myself further!!!
Thank you!
J

be_thou_my_vision

My boyfriend has offered to drive me to class, so I'm going to do that, but what I am most worried about is slippery floors in the buildings... ahhhh! I just have to be very careful. I did okay in the bathroom and the shower room last night, so that's a confidence builder!

Are you having to use crutches and what kind of foot covering are you wearing? I might have some suggestions to keep you a little safer depending on your circumstances.

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1131826' date='Nov 30 2006, 11:37 AM']
My boyfriend has offered to drive me to class, so I'm going to do that, but what I am most worried about is slippery floors in the buildings... ahhhh! I just have to be very careful. I did okay in the bathroom and the shower room last night, so that's a confidence builder!
[/quote]

Good for him... if he didn't, he would be a pretty lousy boyfriend.

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='stlmom' post='1131850' date='Nov 30 2006, 12:04 PM']
Are you having to use crutches and what kind of foot covering are you wearing? I might have some suggestions to keep you a little safer depending on your circumstances.
[/quote]
I am on crutches and I have a little black protective shoe.

[quote name='BurkeFan' post='1131866' date='Nov 30 2006, 12:26 PM']
Good for him... if he didn't, he would be a pretty lousy boyfriend.
[/quote]
haha yes!

Some free motherly, occupational therapist advice here:

Get to class earlier than usual so you will have plenty of time to move carefully through the buildings and avoid crowds if that's a possibility.

Contact your teachers and tell them your situation so they can let you out of class early or make alternate arrangements to going to class. (Worth a try :idontknow: )

Be sure to wear shoes with ribbed soles, NO flat leather soles. Be sure you are wearing a good athletic or hiking shoe on your good foot.

Carry your stuff in a backpack so your hands are free when you use crutches.

You can also try slitting 2 tennis balls in a "+" crisscross cut and attaching them to the bottom of your crutches. Sometimes that helps to cut down on slips, but when your dealing with ice, it's better just to avoid it .

Try to have a friend walk with you just in case.

God bless and heal fast!

be_thou_my_vision

Thank you mom! I have been wearing my athletic shoes so there is more traction, and my roommate is walking me to classes because we have a lot of the same classes.
It was really sad though today... I could find a ride back to my dorm after lunch at the lunch place... but I could get a hold of anyone, so I was "crutching" in the rain a half mile to my dorm. It was really depressing at the time, but now I look back and laugh about it! hahaha!
I haven't had any problems yet, so keep on praying!

brandelynmarie

I agree with stlmom! Listen to your mother! :lol_roll: Perhaps God wants you to slow down & be willing to accept help from others....very hard for some of us to do! What a penance! :sign:

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1134228' date='Dec 3 2006, 04:07 PM']
Everything is going well, and I can even walk a little bit now! yay!
[/quote]
:clap: :clap: :clap: Good to hear you're healing.