An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-catholicism - Jack Chick Style

Didacus

After too much deliveration and arguments on both sides (Catholics and Protestants) it seems both of you agreed to a simple conclusion 'we do not know for sure'.

I am just wondering, what really happen to all your intense faith to Jesus Christ. Correct me if I am wrong. Is it not both of you called yourself Christ disciple? Whether you are a Catholic or Protestant, Is it not both of you are worshipping God thru that one Jesus Christ? Why then you are trying to demean each other as you are saying to one another 'My God is different from your God' or 'My Church is holier than your Church'. And after that, both of you agreed 'We do not know for sure who will be saved'.

Regarding your father Escriva, I thought Catholics knows their faith more than anybody else and you are commanded by your God 'Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction'.? Why then he is running?

If I were an Atheist and I lose my oppurtunity to see God because of what you are doing - When the day come and God will punished me to eternal fire - I will demand your soul because I was mislead by your unending debate regarding who is the greatest in the eyes of God while both of you confessed 'I do not know for sure if I will be saved'.

Edited by reyb

[quote name='reyb' date='14 October 2009 - 08:50 AM' timestamp='1255524615' post='1985087']
[snip]

If I were an Atheist and I lose my oppurtunity to see God because of what you are doing - When the day come and God will punished me to eternal fire - I will demand your soul because I was mislead by your unending debate regarding who is the greatest in the eyes of God while both of you confessed 'I do not know for sure if I will be saved'.
[/quote]

Vengeance is mine! Says the lord.

Your call for an additional soul would be surely denied. It is God's will, not yours.

God may reply to you that your hardness of heart, and not faulty instructions is what sent you to eternal flames?

[color="#008000"][i][size="2"]
However, there is a saying, in the old school of French Canada, that 'no one sent to hell alone'. we are either saved with our loved ones, or damned with those we hate but we never go were we need to go on our own., I never found what chruch teaching this related to but many of old priests and sources verbally confirmed to me this was tuagth in schoools in the 20th century. (Church scholar can comment?)[/size][/i][/color]

[quote name='Didacus' date='14 October 2009 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1255525897' post='1985089']
Vengeance is mine! Says the lord.

Your call for an additional soul would be surely denied. It is God's will, not yours.

God may reply to you that your hardness of heart, and not faulty instructions is what sent you to eternal flames.

[/quote]
It is written,[b]If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church![a] I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? But instead, one brother goes to law against another—and this in front of unbelievers!
[/b]

My question is this....why Apostle Paul seems give extra careful about these unbelievers?

OK then, you try that if you get damend to hell. We'll see how it works.

I don't think Paul's point was to show hecan judge and send someone to hell or that he had such pwer. It sounds more to me like Paul was a bit scandilized that some Christians would seek the pagan courts to settle disputes amongst themselves (for money, or other things?) instead of seeking councils amongst other christians. But that's just me.

[quote name='Didacus' date='14 October 2009 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1255539059' post='1985147']
OK then, you try that if you get damend to hell. We'll see how it works.

I don't think Paul's point was to show hecan judge and send someone to hell or that he had such pwer. It sounds more to me like Paul was a bit scandilized that some Christians would seek the pagan courts to settle disputes amongst themselves (for money, or other things?) instead of seeking councils amongst other christians. But that's just me.
[/quote]

Let me start in 1 Cor 6:1 and then eventually we will go to our subject why Apostle Paul warned them in 1 Cor 6:6.
----------------------------------------------------------
(From Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible: New Modern Edition, Electronic Database. Copyright © 1991 by Hendrickson Publishers, Inc.)

1 Corinthians 6:1 Causes of litigation censured

Here the apostle reproves them for going to law with one another before heathen judges for little matters; and therein blames all vexatious law-suits. In the previous chapter he had directed them to punish heinous sins among themselves by church-censures. Here he directs them to determine controversies with one another by church-counsel and advice, concerning which observe,

I. The fault he blames them for: it was going to law. Not but that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully. But,

1. Brother went to law with brother (v. 6), one member of the church with another. The near relation could not preserve peace and good understanding. The bonds of fraternal love were broken through. And a brother offended, as Solomon says, is harder to be won than a strong city; their contentions are like the bars of a castle, Prov 18:19. Note, Christians should not contend with one another, for they are brethren. This, duly attended to, would prevent law-suits, and put an end to quarrels and litigations.
----------------------------------------

Let us call this commentary/intepretation on 1 Cor 6:1 as ‘Causes of litigation censured’ (for our future reference).

I disagree that Apostle Paul is speaking ‘Causes of litigation censured’ in this verses. As if, Apostle Paul tends to ignore ‘settlement of dispute’ in Judicial Court among brothers (for example, Catholics should not ask for Court’s Function of any Government’s Judicial System but rather, they should go to their Priest or Bishop.)

I do not agree with this ‘Causes of litigation censured’.

…to continue

Again, as I have said, I do not agree to the above 'Causes of litigation censured' because the issue has something to do with their (these brothers who are quarrelling) superiority on religious doctrine.

It is written in 1 Cor 3: 1-9

Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.
------------------------------------------------------------
...and this is the ‘trivial cases’ mentioned in 1 Cor 6:6 since these supposed to be believers of Christ are quarrelling and trying to prove to one another and to their listener who has greater teacher and therefore, better doctrine.

Edited by reyb