An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Article Was In Our City's Daily Paper Today:

Jutty1224

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1129764' date='Nov 28 2006, 12:30 PM']
I'm saying only children polarize things into being black and white. I'm saying that some priests would be more useful to the chuch married, and some priests would be mroe useful to the church celebate. God doesn't give everyone the same calling in life. He created us unique.
[/quote]

While I don't agree that only children polarize things, first because that is a polarization in itself, and therefore is not logical, I think there is something to your main insight. Namely, that different priests are given different talents. And certainly some priests could be more useful celibate and others vice versa. Still, we are lacking evidence to allow priests to marry; I'm assuming you realize men can marry and then become a priest once married.

[quote name='-I---Love' post='1129951' date='Nov 28 2006, 03:37 PM']
While I don't agree that only children polarize things, first because that is a polarization in itself, and therefore is not logical, I think there is something to your main insight. Namely, that different priests are given different talents. And certainly some priests could be more useful celibate and others vice versa. Still, we are lacking evidence to allow priests to marry; I'm assuming you realize men can marry and then become a priest once married.
[/quote]

I understand that but my arguement is towards the people that have polarized beliefs in regards to priests can only be celebate. When i said married I mean allowed to not be celebate in that particular instance.

As for my child remark I'm sorry if I offended anyone. My point is that people are unique and therefore polarizing stuff just isn't practical.

HeavenlyCalling

I personally do not think that priestsn should be able to marry. I think that they need to have their attention fully on God and the flock that God has given them :priest: :bishop:. If they have a family then they need family time, they need vacations and time to go to their son's hockey game, and they need to be able to give the sacrements at a moments notice, in case of an emergency. I dont think that it is resonable to ask all that of them. They may be an Alter Christi, but they are not Supermen ( in the physical sence)

Edited by HeavenlyCalling