An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Article Was In Our City's Daily Paper Today:

Jutty1224

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1128899' date='Nov 27 2006, 10:49 AM']
Always nice to see what the ex-catholics are up to.
[/quote]

+

Are you going to write a letter to the editor correcting her errors? Perhaps pointing them to Catholic Anwers or some other good resources? :)

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1128914' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:46 AM']
Celibacy is like Sarcasm.....
some people just don't get it.
[/quote]
That's bad.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Veritas' post='1128907' date='Nov 27 2006, 12:24 PM']
+

Are you going to write a letter to the editor correcting her errors? Perhaps pointing them to Catholic Answers or some other good resources? :)
[/quote]
I will probably be able to in about January.

The "rent-a-priests" lack "faculties." Nobody can do anything in a diocese without the bishop's authorization. They have no right, no authority to act as priests. They're simply going through the motions. But the misguided folks who use them may think it's the real thing. How sad.

The perpetrator is another Luther. I wonder if she thinks she's a Catholic in good standing. Hope the bishop has had a few words with her.

---------------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

I really have mixed feelings about this. I honestly think priests should be allowed to marry, however I also believe that priests should also be celibate. So I don't like it when people try to flip the entire structure of the church.

polarizing this issue is just wrong in my opinion, because God also told holy men that ministered to take women as wives.

I respect the priests actually being celibate, but I do also agree that it could be benificial for certain priests to marry. I don't believe one should attain a high rank as cardnial though if one is married.

Edited by zeyeon

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1129529' date='Nov 28 2006, 12:33 AM']
I really have mixed feelings about this. I honestly think priests should be allowed to marry, however I also believe that priests should also be celibate. So I don't like it when people try to flip the entire structure of the church.

polarizing this issue is just wrong in my opinion, because God also told holy men that ministered to take women as wives.

I respect the priests actually being celibate, but I do also agree that it could be benificial for certain priests to marry. I don't believe one should attain a high rank as cardnial though if one is married.[/quote]You might want to confine your comments to areas where you have expertise...such as translating and interpreting ancient Hebrew texts. :lol_roll:

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1129541' date='Nov 28 2006, 12:40 AM']
You might want to confine your comments to areas where you have expertise...such as translating and interpreting ancient Hebrew texts. :lol_roll:
[/quote]

lol I'm going to get on that right this second just so I can feel your eyes pop out of your skull.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1129529' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:33 PM']
I honestly think priests should be allowed to marry, however I also believe that priests should also be celibate. [/quote]
Don't you contradict youself here? Are you saying that they should be married or celebate?

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1129666' date='Nov 28 2006, 09:38 AM']
Don't you contradict youself here? Are you saying that they should be married or celebate?
[/quote]

I'm saying only children polarize things into being black and white. I'm saying that some priests would be more useful to the chuch married, and some priests would be mroe useful to the church celebate. God doesn't give everyone the same calling in life. He created us unique.

chickens4life

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1129764' date='Nov 28 2006, 12:30 PM']
I'm saying only children polarize things into being black and white. I'm saying that some priests would be more useful to the chuch married, and some priests would be mroe useful to the church celebate. God doesn't give everyone the same calling in life. He created us unique.
[/quote]

the reason children polarize things into black and white is not because the are young and foolish, but because they still can see with the eyes of God- their vision has yet to be muttled by the world.

so we strive through prayer, as Jesus told us; to be like chilrden.