An Old School Catholic Message Board

Non-protestant Miracles

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

For nonCatholics to respond particularly. Catholics have many miracles occur to them. Protestants do too. It seems like Catholics have more; I'm not sure. I can somewhat rationlize away certain Catholic miracles, reasoning that the Catholic faith is jsut more complex, so they're going to have more complex miracles. Like a miraculous host. I'd just reason that if a Protestant were to have holy communion eating pizza that was suppose to be life sustaining, that pizza might cure disease or whatever the belief corresponds. But I really do wonder about incorruptible saint and protestants. The best I can do is rationalize that Catholics tend to disinter bodies; that doesn't mean it doens't happen in protestant circles. But when it comes down to it, you'd think some protestant somewhere would be incorrupt. I don't know really how to respond to that, does any other nonCatholic? I think only Catholics and eastern orthodox have that phenomenon, and maybe anglicans. All tied to the Eucharist...
like i think augustine said, to base a faith or argue from miracles only is cheap. but on miracles in general but particularly incorruptiblity... your thoughts?

I've just got this image of an army of non-Catholic Christians running around their graveyards with shovels.

Sorry for being flippant!

I suppose I should give a real reply. :)

I don't know what to say about incorruptability. The Wiki article ([url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorruptibility"]link[/url]) discusses similar hypotheses to what you have mentioned. For example, non-Christians don't often exhume bodies, environmental conditions, not to mention spiritual reasons.

Edited by Mateo el Feo

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1127265' date='Nov 24 2006, 11:29 PM']lol. I dont' think many of us would go to graveyards digging up anyone though. I keep seeing Thriller come to mind.[/quote]I suppose that would be the right music, too. Imagine all the dancing corpses with their eighties hairdos and clothes.

I would be getting down the the zombies baby.

But I also look to see how Christ is moving in individuals and/or the Church as a whole to see if the Spirit is moving there.

I was raised Protestant and I know of only two categories of miracles the Protestants acknowledge:

The miracles written about in the Bible, and the "healing miracles" of ppl like Oral Roberts and Benny Hinn and before them, the healing evangelists that traveled around the country holding "revivals," usually in tents.

What did I miss?

-----------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

Catholic Fanatic

Jesus Christ started HIS CHURCH in 33AD, the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Every other non-Catholic Church is built on lies and Satan. The Church of dairygirl4u2c is a sham. That's why there are not miracles like incorruptibility therein. There is no salvation outside the Most Holy Roman Catholic Church with Peter as the foundation and Pope Benedict as the current vicar of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Repent and covert to the most Holy Church or be damned. Resistence is futile.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]Every other non-Catholic Church is built on lies and Satan.[/quote]

The Catholic Church disagrees with that statement. Other churches have varying degrees of truth in them, namely faith in Jesus Christ, and so we accept them as fellow believers. According to the Catechism the baptisms performed by non-Catholic churches are perfectly valid, which they surely wouldn't be if they were being administered in a place where Satan held more sway than Jesus.

[quote]There is no salvation outside the Most Holy Roman Catholic Church with Peter as the foundation and Pope Benedict as the current vicar of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.[/quote]

That's not what it says in the Catechism or in [i]Nostra Aetate[/i].

Edited by Cathoholic Anonymous

:o

I think it pains Jesus when we have to "show off" miracles in order for people to believe or doubt until we see a miracle.
Can't we just have simple faith

Catholic Fanatic

My statements are in line with the Most Holy Roman Church. To say that a non-Catholic faith is saving is a poor excuse for a half truth and so a lie. Please read Unam Sanctam. You speak half-truths and lead others to destruction.

[quote]Fourth Lateran Council (1215): "There is but one universal Church of the faithful, outside which no one at all is saved."

Pope Boniface VIII, Bull Unam Sanctam (1302): "We declare, say, define, and pronounce that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff."

Pope Eugene IV, Bull Cantate Domino (1441): "The most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics, can have a share in life eternal; but that they will go into the eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels, unless before death they are joined with Her; and that so important is the unity of this ecclesiastical body that only those remaining within this unity can profit by the sacraments of the Church unto salvation, and they alone can receive an eternal recompense for their fasts, their almsgivings, their other works of Christian piety and the duties of a Christian soldier. No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church."

Pope Pelagius II (578-590): "Consider the fact that whoever has not been in the peace and unity of the Church cannot have the Lord. ...Although given over to flames and fires, they burn, or, thrown to wild beasts, they lay down their lives, there will not be (for them) that crown of faith but the punishment of faithlessness. ...Such a one can be slain, he cannot be crowned. ...[If] slain outside the Church, he cannot attain the rewards of the Church" (Denzinger 246-247)

Saint Gregory the Great (590-604), Moralia: "Now the holy Church universal proclaims that God cannot be truly worshipped saving within herself, asserting that all they that are without her shall never be saved."

Pope Innocent III (1198-1216): "With our hearts we believe and with our lips we confess but one Church, not that of the heretics, but the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church, outside which we believe that no one is saved" (Denzinger 423).[/quote]

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1127947' date='Nov 26 2006, 10:52 AM']

That's not what it says in the Catechism or in [i]Nostra Aetate[/i].
[/quote]I think this is a misunderstanding. [i]Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (Outside the Church There is No Salvation)[/i] has been a doctrine of the Church since 33 A.D. Church doctrine does not change. Be sure to read the Catechism of the Catholic Church # 836 - 848.

But Catholic Fanatic hasn't presented the doctrine in accordance with the CCC. Ignorance of the civil and criminal laws is no excuse in court, but ignorance of Christ and His Church MAY get you into heaven (emphasis on the "may"). :)

=========================
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

[quote name='Catholic Fanatic' post='1127941' date='Nov 26 2006, 10:35 AM']
Jesus Christ started HIS CHURCH in 33AD, the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Every other non-Catholic Church is built on lies and Satan. The Church of dairygirl4u2c is a sham. That's why there are not miracles like incorruptibility therein. There is no salvation outside the Most Holy Roman Catholic Church with Peter as the foundation and Pope Benedict as the current vicar of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Repent and covert to the most Holy Church or be damned. Resistence is futile.
[/quote]

hahaha i like this guy.

[quote name='mulls' post='1128248' date='Nov 26 2006, 06:47 PM']
hahaha i like this guy.
[/quote]
haha I really like how this guy's IP address matches dairygirl's

oops... did I just say that out loud?

:lol: :lol_roll: