An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Think Like A Catholic Or A Protestant?

jswranch

Wow, I am 100%.
But ya know I think this is skewed so everyone will come up catholic. I mean over half of the questions were no brainers. I bet everyone comes out at least 60% Catholic.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Rick777' post='1126195' date='Nov 22 2006, 03:26 PM']
Hardly. And I suppose your the protty who thinks were all devil worshippers?
[/quote]
Aw, come on... mulls doesn't call us devil worshippers... :ohno:

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1126277' date='Nov 22 2006, 05:19 PM']
Huh? As far as I know, only those "Trail of Blood" Baptist believers claim to be of "apostolic origin," and they are few in number. The first Baptist Church was founded by John Smyth (1607 or thereabouts) and was a splinter from the Mennonites. That makes them Protestant. When I was a Southern Bapitst, the largest Baptist denom in the U.S., we considered ourselves Protestant.

========================
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!
[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='Winchester' post='1126287' date='Nov 22 2006, 05:28 PM']
If one accepts that definition, and Baptists have not as a group accepted it.
[/quote]
Baptists don't do anything "as a group."

90% Catholic... these questions all seemed the same to me... it seemed that they were all basically saying, "Can you just say, 'Yep, I'm a Christian', then do nothing about it and still get to heaven?" Just different wording....

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Rick777' post='1126195' date='Nov 22 2006, 04:26 PM']
Hardly. And I suppose your the protty who thinks were all devil worshippers?
[/quote]
Mulls is a sweetie.

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1126332' date='Nov 22 2006, 04:00 PM']
Wow, I am 100%.
But ya know I think this is skewed so everyone will come up catholic. I mean over half of the questions were no brainers. I bet everyone comes out at least 60% Catholic.
[/quote]
:no:

:sadder:

[quote name='onlygrace08' post='1126360' date='Nov 22 2006, 04:24 PM']
90% Catholic... these questions all seemed the same to me... it seemed that they were all basically saying, "Can you just say, 'Yep, I'm a Christian', then do nothing about it and still get to heaven?" Just different wording....
[/quote]
[color="blue"] I thought they were trick questions. They looked the same in the beginning, and then confused me from there. :mellow: [/color]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1126379' date='Nov 22 2006, 07:44 PM']
Mulls is a sweetie.
[/quote]

Mulls is a sweetie! We are blessed to have him here!

I've also read that one of the problems in communication between Catholics and Protestants is that Catholics think analogically and Protestants think dialectically. I'd like one of youse Phatmass smartguys to please 'splain that to me and give some examples.

I get the differences in Catholic / Protestant vocabulary and the meaning of words. That also contributes to misunderstandings.

We do think differently!

Thanks!

=================================
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

[quote name='Winchester' post='1126118' date='Nov 22 2006, 01:47 PM']
baptists aren't protestant.
[/quote]

Depends what baptist denomination. Certain denominations think eccesiology and patristics are a four letter word, thus do not understand protestant other than "a title given by the whore to hunt the believers"(*quoted from a book) but the educated will fully admit they are protestant

I only had an issue with 1 question, otherwise answered catholic for all of them. But I have a degree in protestant theology, so it was an interesting test

I only had one protestant view. :( Oh well. But other than that all the others were Catholic! I didn't see how many questions their were, so how much Catholic does that make me?

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1126165' date='Nov 22 2006, 02:52 PM']
80% Catholic. This quiz was hard, most of the questions were not as simple as go look it up in the catechism.
[/quote]

Don't just look it up - think!!!