An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Think Like A Catholic Or A Protestant?

jswranch

From a baptist source on the issue of grace.

[url="http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/catholic-protestant_test.html"]I think I got about 90% Catholic. Not bad for a 1yr convert.[/url] This quiz really shows some of the big difference between Cats and Prots that no one talks about.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Winchester' post='1126118' date='Nov 22 2006, 01:47 PM']
baptists aren't protestant.
[/quote]
There are a lot of Baptists who would disagree with you. Budge doesn't speak for everyone.

cathoholic_anonymous

100% Catholic, although I did waver on one of the questions about the Holy Spirit. I could see merits in both answers.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1126126' date='Nov 22 2006, 02:02 PM']
There are a lot of Baptists who would disagree with you. Budge doesn't speak for everyone.
[/quote]

They aren't disagreeing with me; they're disagreeing with history, and, despite that trait they share in common, they are still not protestant.

80% Catholic. This quiz was hard, most of the questions were not as simple as go look it up in the catechism.

Edited by StThomasMore

[quote name='Rick777' post='1126181' date='Nov 22 2006, 04:10 PM']
Poor you.
[/quote]

you're probably not the main catholic evangelist in the area i take it.

Baptists are protestant.

Look it up.

Prot‧es‧tant  /ˈprɒtəstənt or, for 4, 6, prəˈtɛstənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prot-uh-stuhnt or, for 4, 6, pruh-tes-tuhnt]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. any Western Christian who is not an adherent of a Catholic, Anglican, or Eastern Church.
2. an adherent of any of those Christian bodies that separated from the Church of Rome during the Reformation, or of any group descended from them.
3. (originally) any of the German princes who protested against the decision of the Diet of Speyer in 1529, which had denounced the Reformation.
4. (lowercase) a person who protests.
–adjective
5. belonging or pertaining to Protestants or their religion.
6. (lowercase) protesting.

Unless baptists are now adherent of a Catholic, Anglican, or Eastern Church??

[quote name='Winchester' post='1126118' date='Nov 22 2006, 02:47 PM']
baptists aren't protestant.
[/quote]Huh? As far as I know, only those "Trail of Blood" Baptist believers claim to be of "apostolic origin," and they are few in number. The first Baptist Church was founded by John Smyth (1607 or thereabouts) and was a splinter from the Mennonites. That makes them Protestant. When I was a Southern Bapitst, the largest Baptist denom in the U.S., we considered ourselves Protestant.

========================
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

[quote name='prose' post='1126202' date='Nov 22 2006, 03:39 PM']
Baptists are protestant.

Look it up.

Prot‧es‧tant  /ˈprɒtəstənt or, for 4, 6, prəˈtɛstənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prot-uh-stuhnt or, for 4, 6, pruh-tes-tuhnt]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. any Western Christian who is not an adherent of a Catholic, Anglican, or Eastern Church.
2. an adherent of any of those Christian bodies that separated from the Church of Rome during the Reformation, or of any group descended from them.
3. (originally) any of the German princes who protested against the decision of the Diet of Speyer in 1529, which had denounced the Reformation.
4. (lowercase) a person who protests.
–adjective
5. belonging or pertaining to Protestants or their religion.
6. (lowercase) protesting.
Unless baptists are now adherent of a Catholic, Anglican, or Eastern Church??
[/quote]
If one accepts that definition, and Baptists have not as a group accepted it.