An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Really Goes On Inside Convents

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote name='Tina' post='1126693' date='Nov 23 2006, 11:57 AM']
I had the same reaction when I first visited the motherhouse. It was unbelievable to me how happy and joyous they were! And then when I went to Sisters Night.....it kind of "sealed the deal." I can't wait!!!
[/quote]

I felt the same way the first time I went to Sister's Night. I really had no idea what it would be like but obviously it went well if now, God willing, I will enter in September!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1126630' date='Nov 23 2006, 04:59 AM']
Yes; we sometimes go to Mass at the Priory. They have a cat there, Leo, who often gatecrashes the proceedings.

[/quote]

Doesn't Leo belong to the Brethren? That cat is spoiled rotten! When Fr. Aidan Nichols was here all we heard about was Leo!

Sr. Mary Catharine, OP

PS. I'm glad you got to find out what great fun it is when the Brethren and Sisterns get together!

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]That cat is spoiled rotten! When Fr. Aidan Nichols was here all we heard about was Leo![/quote]

That really doesn't surprise me. Brother Lawrence is even more devoted to Leo than Father Aidan, if that's possible. Once, when I was at Blackfriars for the Catholic society's garden party, Br Lawrence came up to where Br Thomas and I were standing with Leo cradled in his arms like a pampered furry baby. He said reverentially to Thomas, "Would you like to hold him?" I'm sure that cat is secretly the prior. I find him EVERYWHERE. Once he was even sitting on the penitent's seat in the confessional when I went in, and it was a real struggle to evict him.

Domine ut Videam

This is soo true.

Fr. Antoine of the Brothers of St. John, (he started the children's holy hour and has been on EWTN), is [u]the best[/u] hacky-sacker I have ever seen, honestly. Every time i turn around, he is hacky-sacking. I am not even kidding. The brothers of st. john though are a great example of this. They are always playing one sport or another and constantly cracking jokes...... :lol: But Fr. Antoine he cracks me up..... :cool: