An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Do Catholics Take Assults On Molesting Priests Personal?

zeyeon

[quote]believe that it's this type of attitude that halts progress within the church.[/quote]

The Church isn't of this world or this age. She does not need to progress.

The following two errors were condemned, rejected and anathematized by Pope Blessed IX's Syllaubs of Errors

[quote name='The Syllabus of Errors of Pope Bl. Pius IX']5. Divine revelation is imperfect, and therefore subject to a continual and indefinite progress, corresponding with the advancement of human reason. -- Ibid.

80. The Roman Pontiff can, and ought to, reconcile himself, and come to terms with progress, liberalism and modern civilization.- -Allocution "Jamdudum cernimus," March 18, 1861.[/quote]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1125370' date='Nov 21 2006, 06:33 PM']
he is not kidding you :)

Spanking and knuckle rapping are not beatings. If you have ever been beaten you would know the difference.
[/quote]

On an 8 year old kid it's still abuse and devestating to the psyche of a child. would you smack your own kid with a ruler on the knuckles?

It's abuse man don't be rediculous.

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1125338' date='Nov 21 2006, 04:59 PM']
I never said that mollestation was a byproduct of solely catholocisim... The problem is is that you have people that take advantage of defensless children... educating both young and adult minds alike in SALVATION. It's a Gross and utter contradiction, not just in catholocisim, but in ANY religion that has practicing mollesters educating people. Would you send your kids to the state penetentary to learn how to read?
[/quote]Yeah, a contradiction in ANY religion. So why is only the Catholic molestors on the news and in music?

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1125392' date='Nov 21 2006, 05:58 PM']
On an 8 year old kid it's still abuse and [b]devestating to the psyche of a child[/b]. would you smack your own kid with a ruler on the knuckles?

[/quote]
:rolling:

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1125404' date='Nov 21 2006, 07:04 PM']
:rolling:
[/quote]

I must be missing something. Do you find the abuse of a child humerous?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1125392' date='Nov 21 2006, 06:58 PM']
On an 8 year old kid it's still abuse and devestating to the psyche of a child. would you smack your own kid with a ruler on the knuckles?

[/quote]
I had my knuckles rapped and my butt spanked for talking in class on many an occasion, and I certainly don't feel abused. My cousins got spanked in public school and they never felt abused. You knew the rules, you broke them, and you were punished for them. And then when you got home and your parents found out you were spanked in school, you got spanked again for being spanked in school. :)
Spanking and knuckle rapping is not child abuse, but a wake up call to stop messing around.
If more kids got their butts smacked when they were little, they would be a bit more tolerable as adults now.

And yes my kids got spanked as well, usually once was enough.

[quote name='Farsight one' post='1125403' date='Nov 21 2006, 07:03 PM']
Yeah, a contradiction in ANY religion. So why is only the Catholic molestors on the news and in music?
[/quote]

My guess would be due to the fact that there is a much larger number in the Catholic religion, thus the fact that it gains more attention.

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1125418' date='Nov 21 2006, 06:17 PM']
My guess would be due to the fact that there is a much larger number in the Catholic religion, thus the fact that it gains more attention.
[/quote]
You needn't guess. There are places to look it up.

Unfortunately, news isn't decided by numerical superiority of the offending party, but by what will be the most outrageous. I would guess by the news that Pit Bulls casue more life altering injuries to children than any other dog. But I would be wrong.

What you must explain is why it helps children to single out Catholic priests instead of dealing with the problem in all parts of society. School teachers, parents, bus drivers, ice cream men, etcetera, all offend. It would be better if we pushed for life in prison or (preferably) the death penalty for pedophilia and a stiff 20 year sentence for protecting pedophiles.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1125428' date='Nov 21 2006, 07:31 PM']
You needn't guess. There are places to look it up.

Unfortunately, news isn't decided by numerical superiority of the offending party, but by what will be the most outrageous. I would guess by the news that Pit Bulls casue more life altering injuries to children than any other dog. But I would be wrong.

What you must explain is why it helps children to single out Catholic priests instead of dealing with the problem in all parts of society. School teachers, parents, bus drivers, ice cream men, etcetera, all offend. It would be better if we pushed for life in prison or (preferably) the death penalty for pedophilia and a stiff 20 year sentence for protecting pedophiles.
[/quote]

Smartest comment I've heard yet. But what would happen when it came time to execute a priest?

Edited by zeyeon

[quote]Smartest comment I've heard yet.[/quote]
Likewise.

[quote]But what would happen when it came time to execute a priest?[/quote]
Depending upon the state, they would either throw a breaker, flip a little cup, emptying the contents of said cup into another cup, or push the plunger on a syringe.

Chances are, he would be defrocked prior to this, so he wouldn't be apriest.

When it came time to punish an offender, it comes time to punish that offender.

I don't understand why you have such a problem with this... :idontknow:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='zeyeon' post='1125431' date='Nov 21 2006, 06:38 PM']
Smartest comment I've heard yet. But what would happen when it came time to execute a priest?
[/quote]
He should pray really fervently.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1125416' date='Nov 21 2006, 07:12 PM']
I had my knuckles rapped and my butt spanked for talking in class on many an occasion, and I certainly don't feel abused. My cousins got spanked in public school and they never felt abused. You knew the rules, you broke them, and you were punished for them. And then when you got home and your parents found out you were spanked in school, you got spanked again for being spanked in school. :)
Spanking and knuckle rapping is not child abuse, but a wake up call to stop messing around.
If more kids got their butts smacked when they were little, they would be a bit more tolerable as adults now.

And yes my kids got spanked as well, usually once was enough.
[/quote]

Well the reason why you spank your kids is because you got abused as a child as well. It may be all you know as far as discipline is concerned. That pattern holds true with serial killers, mollesters, trades of skill, everything. May seem normal to you but it's abuse none the less.

Which is why it's dangerous when it happens in such an influential community as a church.

[quote name='prose' post='1125442' date='Nov 21 2006, 07:44 PM']
When it came time to punish an offender, it comes time to punish that offender.

I don't understand why you have such a problem with this... :idontknow:
[/quote]

lol man you were the first person who posted saying how hard it is to accept because priests are like uncles to you.

Don't front like you wouldn't be outside picketing to save his life.

Ummm. First of all, if my uncle did something wrong, he still deserves to be punished. You missed the point. The point was that the whole family is branded by one evil member. Not that I am attached to my uncle, but that my dad wouldn't deserve to be ostracized just because his brother was evil.

Secondly, I don't picket. And a priest who molests children deserves the same punishment as any other person who harms children.

Man, you are defensive. :rolleyes:

Edited by prose