An Old School Catholic Message Board

"what If 'gays' Went On Strike?"

Veritas

Illegal Mexicans (I say Mexican because 80-90% of illegals are Mexican) went on strike for a day in Houston, and nobody cared. Dozens of employers called the talk radio stations saying they fired everyone who went on strike. You know what the illegals did on strike day? They sat in front of the same sip&gas and Fiesta Marts, and played soccer all day. A bunch of kids took the day off school as well, and they just meandered around town.

[quote name='Veritas' post='1123987' date='Nov 19 2006, 08:40 PM']
+

That's what the preview asks, and then, the A & E symbol flashes as a rainbow flag. Two words: Sick and wrong. They don't have more info on the website, that I could see...

What I'd like to know, is, what if people, who don't support sexual depravity in the form of homosexuality went on strike? Suddenly, America would have no food.

Honestly, could there "show" be any more insulting?
[/quote]

:ohno:
it's sad to see society treating homosexuality as if it were a race. We don't seem to be taking this disorder seriously -- we're only lieing to our gay brothers and sisters by telling them that being gay is to be the number one identity in their character when in reality they are something more precious than a sexual preference.

The statement "I am gay" is dangerous. Once a person says that, their whole life becomes centered around their peversion.

I mean, I identify myself as "I am a writer" and "I am a Catholic", and that helps me to remain a writer and a Catholic. That's why someone who struggles with homosexual temptations should never identify as gay--just someone who struggles with homosexual temptations, if there's any need to identify at all.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1124501' date='Nov 20 2006, 02:09 PM']
hasn't A&E always been kinda pro-gay?
[/quote]
note sure, I mean it's so hard to say what channels are pro-gay and anti-gay these days ...

[quote name='Didymus' post='1124501' date='Nov 20 2006, 05:09 PM']
hasn't A&E always been kinda pro-gay?
[/quote]
Pretty much all the "mainstream" media are in the homo-lobby's pocket now.

Guest Dr. Dave

To those of you who seem to think that homosexuality is a "depravity" or is an illness. GET A CLUE! Wouldn't you be surprised how many of "us" are out there leading professional and successful lives right among you. It brings to mind the fact that those of you who attempt to denegrate "us" tend to forget that - "He who lives in glass houses, shouldn't throw rocks."

There is NO WHERE in the Bible that mentions homosexuality! But memory serves correctly that you should "Love Thy Neighbor." - Yet you all seem to forget that as well. No one is pushing gay rights on anyone. And NOT all gays are depraved! If "we" did go on strike - who would tend to you when you are sick? when you are arrested? put out your fires? tend to your religious needs?

Think before you express your bigotry!

rollingcatholic

[quote name='Dr. Dave' post='1126106' date='Nov 22 2006, 01:24 PM']
To those of you who seem to think that homosexuality is a "depravity" or is an illness. GET A CLUE! Wouldn't you be surprised how many of "us" are out there leading professional and successful lives right among you. It brings to mind the fact that those of you who attempt to denegrate "us" tend to forget that - "He who lives in glass houses, shouldn't throw rocks."

There is NO WHERE in the Bible that mentions homosexuality! But memory serves correctly that you should "Love Thy Neighbor." - Yet you all seem to forget that as well. No one is pushing gay rights on anyone. And NOT all gays are depraved! If "we" did go on strike - who would tend to you when you are sick? when you are arrested? put out your fires? tend to your religious needs?

[/quote]

You claim to be a doctor, yet cannot read. Interesting. <_<

[quote name='Dr. Dave' post='1126106' date='Nov 22 2006, 01:24 PM']

[/quote]

+

Ah, and I thought we had missed the lobby. ;) Many people function with depravity in their life. Thus, your argument does not follow. We are not saying those with SSA are disordered, we are saying the attraction is. You sir, but not your lifestyle, are deserving of respect, kindness, and good will and you have it. As far as homosexuality not being in the Bible, let's just move that one over to the debate table for some fun shall we :lol: I have theological training... do you, just out of curiousity?

The 98% of people, who do not have same-sex attractions would be helping! The pro-gay agenda not being pushed down our throats? That IS a laugh!

Oh, and "Love your neighbor" doesn't mean accept sin -please, learn some theology. One, In fact, isn't loving someone when they encourage them in behaviour that leads them to eternal fire, damnation, and suffering.

[quote name='Dr. Dave' post='1126106' date='Nov 22 2006, 02:24 PM']There is NO WHERE in the Bible that mentions homosexuality![/quote]Some reading for your edification:
[url="http://www.catholic.com/library/Homosexuality.asp"]http://www.catholic.com/library/Homosexuality.asp[/url]

Guest trevorh_2000

[quote name='Red Knight' post='1124011' date='Nov 19 2006, 10:51 PM']
If one of the strikers worked for me, they wouldn't after that.
[/quote]
Thankfully those of us in civilized countries, cannot be fired for being gay. Its against the law!!!! Now if only the US would step into the 21st century, the rest of the world might stop laughing at the US' backwards policies!

[quote name='Matty_boy' post='1124232' date='Nov 20 2006, 09:05 AM']
Illegal Mexicans (I say Mexican because 80-90% of illegals are Mexican) went on strike for a day in Houston, and nobody cared. Dozens of employers called the talk radio stations saying they fired everyone who went on strike. You know what the illegals did on strike day? They sat in front of the same sip&gas and Fiesta Marts, and played soccer all day. A bunch of kids took the day off school as well, and they just meandered around town.
[/quote]
Well, gays are not illegal workers.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1124726' date='Nov 20 2006, 08:24 PM']
Pretty much all the "mainstream" media are in the homo-lobby's pocket now.
[/quote]
They are not in the homo-lobbys pocket. Get your head out of the clouds and back to reality. Mainstream television, like most of society, has accepted homosexuality......just like they accepted black equality and had blacks in television and movies as main characters from the 1950's and forward/

[quote name='RC _' post='1126107' date='Nov 22 2006, 01:28 PM']
You claim to be a doctor, yet cannot read. Interesting. <_<
[/quote]
And because you cant say anything intelligent to back up your beliefs, you pick on someones spelling.

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1126151' date='Nov 22 2006, 02:32 PM']
Some reading for your edification:
[url="http://www.catholic.com/library/Homosexuality.asp"]http://www.catholic.com/library/Homosexuality.asp[/url]
[/quote]
Actually, scientific scholars now believe that when the testaments were converted to english, they were missinterpreted to understand that sodomy = homosexuality. When in fact, they now believe it interprets to pagan sex rituals, adultry, and beastiality. Not Homosexuality!

Guest trevorh_2000

[quote name='Veritas' post='1126144' date='Nov 22 2006, 02:21 PM']
+

Ah, and I thought we had missed the lobby. ;) Many people function with depravity in their life. Thus, your argument does not follow. We are not saying those with SSA are disordered, we are saying the attraction is. You sir, but not your lifestyle, are deserving of respect, kindness, and good will and you have it. As far as homosexuality not being in the Bible, let's just move that one over to the debate table for some fun shall we :lol: I have theological training... do you, just out of curiousity?

The 98% of people, who do not have same-sex attractions would be helping! The pro-gay agenda not being pushed down our throats? That IS a laugh!

Oh, and "Love your neighbor" doesn't mean accept sin -please, learn some theology. One, In fact, isn't loving someone when they encourage them in behaviour that leads them to eternal fire, damnation, and suffering.
[/quote]

Our lifestyle(loving a person of the same sex) does deserve your respect, and doesnt deserve your bigotry. I accept and repect your lifestyle (catholic) because you have the right to practice your religion, and I have the right to love someone, to care for someone, even if they are of the same sex.

And lets be clear....... A&E isnt forcing anyone to watch it. It is a fictional program. If you dont want to see it, dont watch it. They are millions of GLBT and straight(but not narrow minded) people out there who will watch the program for entertainment purposes. I'm sure that A&E and sister networks have done Catholic biographies or catholic programs (fiction &non- fiction) before and the rest of us who werent Catholic didnt complain. We also were'nt forced to watch those programs either.

So please everyone learn to love, live and accept that Humanity will forever be different!!!!

[quote name='trevorh_2000' post='1126569' date='Nov 23 2006, 12:05 AM']
Our lifestyle(loving a person of the same sex) does deserve your respect, and doesnt deserve your bigotry. I accept and repect your lifestyle (catholic) because you have the right to practice your religion, and I have the right to love someone, to care for someone, even if they are of the same sex.

And lets be clear....... A&E isnt forcing anyone to watch it. It is a fictional program. If you dont want to see it, dont watch it. They are millions of GLBT and straight(but not narrow minded) people out there who will watch the program for entertainment purposes. I'm sure that A&E and sister networks have done Catholic biographies or catholic programs (fiction &non- fiction) before and the rest of us who werent Catholic didnt complain. We also were'nt forced to watch those programs either.

So please everyone learn to love, live and accept that Humanity will forever be different!!!!
[/quote]

+

And yet, if "your" laws pass, classrooms (Catholic ones) will be forced to teach homosexuality as "normative", which is NOT in accord with Catholicsm. Same-sex "marriages" will attempt to be forced to take place at Catholic Churches, the same way adoption by homosexuals is forced upon Catholic adoption agencies. Please don't try and kid yourself, or us.

And yes, I have a right to "complain". On the other hand, if you decry "intolerance" your statement is, very simply, logically inconsistent and self-negating as an exmple of "intolerance, bigotry, and narrow-mindededness" in and of itself! In fact, I in deference to Christ, don't claim the "open" way IS the way. On the contrary, may I please reiterate the words of Christ himself, "The road to heaven is NARROW, and there are few, who will find it. The road to hell is wide and there are many..."

Finally, homosexual behaviour does not "deserve respect" and here's why: Simply put, it is a grosse abuse of the male and the female body. In the end, "loving and caring" does not necessitate sexual relationships. You do a great disservice to your argument by equating the two. In the end, feelings don't equal reality and desire does not equal truth. I sincerely hope this helps.

Edited by Veritas

[quote name='trevorh_2000' post='1126551' date='Nov 22 2006, 11:51 PM']
Thankfully those of us in civilized countries, cannot be fired for being gay. Its against the law!!!! Now if only the US would step into the 21st century, the rest of the world might stop laughing at the US' backwards policies!
Well, gays are not illegal workers.
They are not in the homo-lobbys pocket. Get your head out of the clouds and back to reality. Mainstream television, like most of society, has accepted homosexuality......just like they accepted black equality and had blacks in television and movies as main characters from the 1950's and forward/
And because you cant say anything intelligent to back up your beliefs, you pick on someones spelling.
Actually, scientific scholars now believe that when the testaments were converted to english, they were missinterpreted to understand that sodomy = homosexuality. When in fact, they now believe it interprets to pagan sex rituals, adultry, and beastiality. Not Homosexuality!
[/quote]

+

"Discrimination" on the basis of behavioral choices is a misappropriation of the term; to do so, infringes upon the rights of employers, institutions, and companies. There is nothing "civilized" about it. As BEHAVIOR, is a choice it is rightly subject to scrutiny and rejection.

The attempt to equate homosexuality with blackness is, to be honest, so silly! Blackness is not an activity! Homosexuality is! They are categorically different.

As far as "scientific" scholars assessing Scripture, that's about as relevant as my auto-mechanic performing heart surgery. We call that usurpation. Let's move this over to debate and look at the original texts in their original languages. You will be surprised at what you learn! I'm afraid your "scientists" just aren't qualified. :ohno:

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]QUOTE(RC _ @ Nov 22 2006, 01:28 PM)

You claim to be a doctor, yet cannot read. Interesting.

And because you cant say anything intelligent to back up your beliefs, you pick on someones spelling.[/quote]

I don't think RC_ was referring to the spelling mistakes. Dr Dave wrote that there was nothing about homosexuality in the Bible. I think RC_ was wondering why Dr Dave hadn't read the parts that deal with it.