An Old School Catholic Message Board

New To This.....

Tina44

Hi everyone! I'm new to this.....I joined at the suggestion of a friend. I'm 23, and work full time as an accountant. I've been discerning with the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary for a little over a year now. I am absolutely amazed at how God has been working in my life. Hopefully, if everything goes well, I will be applying to enter the community within the next month. I'm excited to have learned about this site, and to see that there are so many other people out there that are also discerning vocations!

Ok, just wanted to introduce myself :) Hope to talk to you soon!!

P.S. Please keep me in your prayers.....I have a meeting with the vocation directress this Monday....I think we possibly might decide about my application :D: (I'm kind of freaking out!)

~Tina

AlterDominicus

Welcome Tina. I'm AlterDominicus people call me Alter on the phourm, welcome to the phamily. I've been discerning with the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and just got back from a retreat and five days with them.

I joined last year to phatmass, I'm a Jr. in High School, a convert, and an absolute sister/nun LOVER < :iloveyou: Hahaha.

Be assured of my prayers for you!

HeavenlyCalling
:welcome:, it is always nice to have a new member of the pham! I am Lily and I will be 16 soon, I am discerning to the Carmelites in Buffalo, it is very nice to meet you! And I will certianly be praying for you!

Hi Tina... Welcome to this wonderful phamily . I am sure that you will enjoy the fellowship. Hope all goes well with your meeting on Monday. God Bless. :blowkiss:

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1123712' date='Nov 19 2006, 02:35 PM']
Dont you just love this growing phamily?! :lust:
[/quote]

I do! I think it's great :)

Tina,
It's nice to meet you! My name is Therese and I am a 20 year old junior nursing student. I am discerning with your "sister" community, the School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, NE. They absolutely love the IHM's (naturally!) and they talk about them all the time. Good luck with your discernment!
~Therese

Finally on here...hahaha its addicting!!!! I will be praying for you today...you better call me well after you speak you your sponsor ofcourse...hahaha

~Lee :disguise:

[quote name='PJ2=MyHero' post='1123782' date='Nov 19 2006, 05:20 PM']
Tina,
It's nice to meet you! My name is Therese and I am a 20 year old junior nursing student. I am discerning with your "sister" community, the School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, NE. They absolutely love the IHM's (naturally!) and they talk about them all the time. Good luck with your discernment!
~Therese
[/quote]

IHM's talk about the School Sisters of Christ the King all the time as well...a sister I know very well was just there visiting with them for a Jubilee....

Guest Sister Jacqulyn

haha! I agree! Welcome Tine! I'm pretty new too... and I can tell you...this is a wonderful and most supporting phamily. Keep me posted, will you? I haven't spoken to you for too long!

Well, I am happy to report that my meeting tonight went FABULOUSLY!!! I will be applying on Dec. 13 (God willing) the Feast of St. Lucy, for acceptance to the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary :D: :D: :D: [b]Sister Jackie, don't tell anyone, especially Sarah![/b]
I cannot even begin to tell you how excited, anxious, and grateful I am to God. I cannot believe this is happening to me!! My discernment journey has certainly been interesting.....and now to think that I am applying to the community....I'm awe-struck!

I can only hope and pray now that I will have the patience to wait until Dec. 13. God knows that I don't have much patience at all......Please continue to keep me in your prayers!

Tina :rolleyes:

AlterDominicus

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b]CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!![/b]

Praise be our Lord now and forever!!!!!

YAY!!!!! :beer:

[quote name='Tina' post='1124754' date='Nov 20 2006, 09:05 PM']
Well, I am happy to report that my meeting tonight went FABULOUSLY!!! I will be applying on Dec. 13 (God willing) the Feast of St. Lucy, for acceptance to the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary :D: :D: :D: [b]Sister Jackie, don't tell anyone, especially Sarah![/b]
I cannot even begin to tell you how excited, anxious, and grateful I am to God. I cannot believe this is happening to me!! My discernment journey has certainly been interesting.....and now to think that I am applying to the community....I'm awe-struck!

I can only hope and pray now that I will have the patience to wait until Dec. 13. God knows that I don't have much patience at all......Please continue to keep me in your prayers!

Tina :rolleyes:
[/quote]
:bounce: :pray: