An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young Singers Spread Hate

Azriel

This just turns my stomach. Somedays I wish I stayed ignorant of such things, and then I realize that I can't.

Prayers for these two, and others like them, that they find the Truth.

[url="http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1"]Prussian Blue[/url]

[quote]April home-schools the girls, teaching them her own unique perspective on everything from current to historical events. In addition, April's father surrounds the family with symbols of his beliefs, specifically the Nazi swastika.[/quote]

Here some more ammo against homeschoolers. We should definatly pray for these girls and their mother, April.

Preserving a race is understandable. But, we can preserve the race of [b]humanity[/b] without hatred, violence, humiliation, and even without the messages portrayed through violent and spiteful music.

Edited by GloriaIesusChristi

[quote name='dUSt' post='1119687' date='Nov 14 2006, 10:51 AM']
All they need to do is listen to a Kevin Federline album so they can learn about black people and they'll be fine.
[/quote]

K-Fed does know his black people.

"Making Friends With Black People" by Kevin Adams is, while very offensive in places, a pretty good book. It has value because the humor makes some of the black experience (yes, there is one monolithic black experience. There's a white people manual that tells us all about it.) dismissed by white people as in the past more readily accepted as truthful. Mr. Adams is angry, but he's also funny, resigned, proud. Sum it up in one word: human. I wouldn't let a kid read it. It's the best diversity book I've ever read, partly because it wasn't written from outside the world, but within it.

[quote]All they need to do is listen to a Kevin Federline album so they can learn about black people and they'll be fine.
[/quote]

Well, they could learn about more than just African-American's. There are other human beings. Society is filled to the brim with African-American art, music, clothing, books, movies and speech style (which, gets on my deepest nerves.) Learn about others you can always come back to them, we have plenty. Furthermore, I would rather learn about African-American lifestyle from an African-American, not a white person. Its a cultural thing.

But, then again they aren't changing anytime soon.