An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Junior Professed Of The Sisters, Servants Of The Immaculate Heart Of

Guest Sister Jacqulyn

Guest Sister Jacqulyn

Hi all! I was told about this website by my friend (FutureIHM) and she helpped me get on. My name is Sister Jacqulyn, I am 22 years old, and I am a Junior professed Sister for the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Our Mother House is located at Immaculata, Pennsylvania. This is my first year out on the mission (I made my first vows just this past August!) and now I am teaching in a 3rd grade classroom in inner-city Philadelphia. Talk about God's grace...I never thought that I would teach, let alone be a Religious Sister teaching! I am thrilled to read so many of your posts. It was not long ago that I was discerning what God's call for me was and where He was calling me to go (I entered the convent when I was 19)! Every day is a continual "yes" to that call...but, oh, how grace-filled it has been! Peace! I pray for you all and look forward to talking to you!

Sister Jacqulyn

[url="http://www.ihmimmaculata.org/"]http://www.ihmimmaculata.org/[/url]

*Check out our vocation section...we have a few profiles of our young sisters and their discerment journeys. It might help you to hear God's voice a bit on your journey as well!*

AlterDominicus
:welcome: :applause: :bigclap:

This is sooooooooooooooooooooo EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPIE not only are you welcome to this phamily

You have been automatically added to mine! I am a Dominican Freak, needless to say, but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :guitar:

Compliment, you look really young, of course at 22 that is young. We need more young nun, sisters, and priests in this world

Sr Mary Catharine OP

"Welcome, Sister! This is a great phamily to be a part of and the more the better!
Thank you for your YES! to Jesus!

SMCatharine

Guest Sister Jacqulyn

[quote name='FutureIHMNJ' post='1120548' date='Nov 15 2006, 10:00 AM']
Sr. Jackie,
Glad to see that you are finally on here... :loco: :guitar:
[/quote]
Thanks FutureIHM! :D: I know...its about time! FutureIHM has been telling me about this great phorum for a long time! I'm glad to be a part of it now! :saint:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sister Jacqulyn' post='1121213' date='Nov 15 2006, 09:00 PM']I'm glad to be a part of it now! :saint:[/quote]

We are truly honored to have you here sister, its nice to have some of the "experts" < :graduate: on all sides, religious life, priesthood, single life, married, to help us all, do be assured of our prayers. :bow:

:sign:

Incarnate Word Postulant

Welcome Sr. Jackie!

This is a great place to come and injected with the energy and love of God of these wonderful men and women.

Sr. Mary Helga

Guest Sister Jacqulyn

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' post='1122254' date='Nov 17 2006, 10:03 AM']
Welcome Sr. Jackie!

This is a great place to come and injected with the energy and love of God of these wonderful men and women.

Sr. Mary Helga
[/quote]

Isn't it though? I completely agree! I posted last night that if I ever need a shot in the arm...I'm coming here. You all have a lot of good things to say and are obviously trying to live out the depth of the Gospel in the midst of a contradicting society. Peace to you all and God bless you!!

Tomorrow I will be with out young sisters to go to York for a day of conferences, Praise and worship, and mass for Youth groups. Wish me luck! I have fun helpping at those events!

Guest Sister Jacqulyn

[quote name='FutureIHMNJ' post='1124273' date='Nov 20 2006, 12:06 PM']
Hermanita Jackie,
Mira you have to tell me how "Fan the Flame" was up in York. It was really nice seeing you on Saturday...
~Me
:ninja:
[/quote]

Claro que si, Hermanita-to-be :D: "Fan the Flame" in York was awesome. It was at St. Joseph's parish and it was really a parish based event. There were tons of young people but also parent voluteers and families of all ages. There were over 300 young people....easy! Our sisters had a little set up to tell about ourselves and then there were also respresentatives from other congregations. Get this....our vocation directress along with some other juniors and young sisters were there together, so when we heard praise and worship we jumped right in! It was so much fun! The funny part was that Sister Danielle and me were pulled up on stage with some of the other youth group leaders and we led the dance for "Lord, I lift your name on high!" Great stuff! It was fun! I'm all about praising the Lord through song! :topsy: Thank you for the prayers!!!!

Edited by Sister Jacqulyn

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sister Jacqulyn' post='1124736' date='Nov 20 2006, 10:35 PM']
Claro que si, Hermanita-to-be :D: "Fan the Flame" in York was awesome. It was at St. Joseph's parish and it was really a parish based event. There were tons of young people but also parent voluteers and families of all ages. There were over 300 young people....easy! Our sisters had a little set up to tell about ourselves and then there were also respresentatives from other congregations. Get this....our vocation directress along with some other juniors and young sisters were there together, so when we heard praise and worship we jumped right in! It was so much fun! The funny part was that Sister Danielle and me were pulled up on stage with some of the other youth group leaders and we led the dance for "Lord, I lift your name on high!" Great stuff! It was fun! I'm all about praising the Lord through song! :topsy: Thank you for the prayers!!!!
[/quote]

I am a praise and worship addict, HONESTLY I'm not sure if any religious has earned the name of a "Jumping Nun" or what the stance is on that ie: Playing the song Unchanging for example at Steubenville North Youth Conference one of the actions is jumping up and down. I'm one of those crazy catholics that go beyond.

But...I am glad you had a super awesome time Sister. We had something similiar last year, no religious - but our Auxiliary Bishop here in Minnesota!!! WOOHOOO! WE LOVE OUR PRIESTS!