An Old School Catholic Message Board

An Idea

cathoholic_anonymous

cathoholic_anonymous

Would it be possible for the mods to collate the most frequently recurring anti-Catholic questions (on the Inquisition, on Galileo, on papal infallibility, etc.) and pin them, together with their answers, at the top of this forum? It would save us such a lot of time whenever a new person comes along with the same old questions.

I secound that...It sounds quite appealing for members here stuck in rut in debates to refer to the members of the debate to refer or to be refered to that topic or article.

I agree. If its not too much trouble, of course.

What a terrible idea!

I believe we should let people be free to post recurring threads ad nauseum and be angry that no one writes in them because they're bored of answering the question.

I await your rebuttal.

The problem is, rarely are anti-Catholics engaged in conversation with civil answers. In the 6 or 7 years of PM, at least that's been consistent. How about the rule, '7 civil answers to each rude a-C attack before stooping to their level'?

cmotherofpirl

There is a difference between people who post anti-catholic arguements because thats all they have been told, and thos peopel who arrive with an anti-catholic agenda.
Think of the difference between Brother Adam and some of our previous members.
Night and day.

And how many left in dusgust?
Bro Adam and his wife left more than once.
Do you remember the abuse che' got?
What about the guy who was a mennonite?
On and on it goes. Rarely can a non-Catholic Christian stay here long to discuss stuff. Always it's only an argument. Not all of them are B & E.
They were treated as Anti-Catholic because they were/are non-Catholic.
I get it / got it too.
Catholics here tend to be whiners who take great offense if someone points out the flaws, especially from a non-Catholic.
Hello. Jesus is perfect, but Jesus is not the only member in any 'Church', including the Catholic Church.

Edited by Anomaly

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1118138' date='Nov 12 2006, 08:29 AM']
And how many left in dusgust?
Bro Adam and his wife left more than once.
Do you remember the abuse che' got?
What about the guy who was a mennonite?
On and on it goes. Rarely can a non-Catholic Christian stay here long to discuss stuff. Always it's only an argument. Not all of them are B & E.
They were treated as Anti-Catholic because they were/are non-Catholic.
I get it / got it too.
Catholics here tend to be whiners who take great offense if someone points out the flaws, especially from a non-Catholic.
Hello. Jesus is perfect, but Jesus is not the only member in any 'Church', including the Catholic Church.
[/quote]

Anomaly,thank you for saving me the time of posting this one. This is so true,every time someone points out the errors of catholicism he is immediately blackballed,criticized and insulted in every way. I think more people should be like this person (Anomaly)..who is open-minded to new things and research more about our faith instead of bashing someone who points out the obvious and refusing to admit that the church is capable of committing errors..

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='AngelFire001' post='1118193' date='Nov 12 2006, 12:20 PM']
Anomaly,thank you for saving me the time of posting this one. This is so true,every time someone points out the errors of catholicism he is immediately blackballed,criticized and insulted in every way. I think more people should be like this person (Anomaly)..who is open-minded to new things and research more about our faith instead of bashing someone who points out the obvious and refusing to admit that the church is capable of committing errors..
[/quote]

interesting.
not true, but interesting.

Anomaly is the second person to ever join PM six years ago, so in one form or another he has been here ever since. Do we argue and disagree - yep.
Is he a phatmass phamily - absolutely You really don't know who you are agreeing with.

Do we kick people out who disagree with us? No. Budge was here for 2 YEARS. Does each and everyone of us consistantly show christian charity and behavior - nope, we are flawed people just like you. Sanctification is a life-long process.
Honest discussion is welcome, people arriving with an anti-catholic agenda are not. But even they have their questions answered.

Do we offend the teachings of the Church - absolutely yes.

The Catholic Church is the Bride of Christ and cannot err in faith and morals. Do groups of catholics sin - of course. Does the CHURCH sin - nope, the gates of hell have not pevailed.

Angelfire,
Please note I disagree with both you and CMom what errors I believe the Catholic Church can (and does make). I would say what the Catholic Church can err in is much greater than what CMom says, but is not as broad as what you claim.