An Old School Catholic Message Board

Democrats For Life

Jaime

That's right folks, seven people who have taken a stand against one of the fundamental platform issues of the democratic party, won their elections and will be serving in congress and the senate.

mong the winners are

Ben Nelson - NE
Bob Casey - PA

Congress

Charlie Wilson - OH
Heath Schuler - NC
Brad Ellsworth - IN
Joe Donnelly - IN
Jason Altmire - PA

BTW Democrats for Life stands against the morning after pill.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1117491' date='Nov 11 2006, 09:09 AM']
That's right folks, seven people who have taken a stand against one of the fundamental platform issues of the democratic party, won their elections and will be serving in congress and the senate.

mong the winners are

Ben Nelson - NE
Bob Casey - PA
Congress

Charlie Wilson - OH
Heath Schuler - NC
Brad Ellsworth - IN
Joe Donnelly - IN
Jason Altmire - PA
BTW Democrats for Life stands against the morning after pill.
[/quote]
:clap: woohoo!

I watched the two Indiana races pretty closely because those were pretty big races -- both of those guys beat out Republican incumbents. I don't recall seeing any negative publicity about their views on abortion. Hopefully these results will send a message to other Democratic candidates that being pro-life is not a political liability.

Are you kidding me. Have you guys actually gone to the Catholic Democrats website.

It's clear that they believe making abortion ILLEGAL is Wrong.
It's clear taht the beleive it's a religious Choice (as Catholics) to believe abortion is wrong.

Here is the website : [url="http://www.catholicdemocrats.org/on_abortion.php"]http://www.catholicdemocrats.org/on_abortion.php[/url]

and a sweet excerpt on their abortion stance.[quote]From the specificity of the task at hand and the variety of circumstances, a plurality of morally acceptable policies and solutions arises. It is not the Church’s task to set forth specific political solutions – and even less to propose a single solution as the acceptable one – to temporal questions that God has left to the free and responsible judgment of each person.” —Doctrinal Note on some Questions Regarding the Participation of Catholics in Political Life, Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Nov 2002.

“Extremely sensitive situations arise when a specifically religious norm becomes or tends to become the law of a state without due consideration for the distinction between the domains proper to religion and to political society. In practice, the identification of religious law with civil law can stifle religious freedom, even going so far as to restrict or deny other inalienable human rights.” -- John Paul II, Message for the World Day of Peace, 1 Jan 1991

By its interventions in this area, the Church’s Magisterium does not wish to exercise political power or eliminate the freedom of opinion of Catholics regarding contingent questions. Instead, it intends – as is its proper function – to instruct and illuminate the consciences of the faithful, particularly those involved in political life, so that their actions may always serve the integral promotion of the human person and the common good. The social doctrine of the Church is not an intrusion into the government of individual countries. It is a question of the lay Catholic’s duty to be morally coherent, found within one’s conscience, which is one and indivisible. —Doctrinal Note on some Questions Regarding the Participation of Catholics in Political Life, Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Nov 2002.[/quote]

Come on people. Democrats for Life, which believe being anti-abortion is a purely secular argument, will reap no benefit from Catholic Democrats. They might as well tilt windmills.
Now that the majority is Democrat, Nancy Pelosi is in power. How has that helped?

Edited by Anomaly

God the Father

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1117597' date='Nov 11 2006, 02:35 PM']
Nancy Pelosi is in power. How has that helped?
[/quote]

Living in constant fear improves your reflexes and reaction time.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1117597' date='Nov 11 2006, 03:35 PM']
Are you kidding me. Have you guys actually gone to the Catholic Democrats website.

It's clear taht the beleive it's a religious Choice (as Catholics) to believe abortion is wrong.

Here is the website : [url="http://www.catholicdemocrats.org/on_abortion.php"]http://www.catholicdemocrats.org/on_abortion.php[/url]

and a sweet excerpt on their abortion stance.

Come on people. Democrats for Life, which believe being anti-abortion is a purely secular argument, will reap no benefit from Catholic Democrats. They might as well tilt windmills.
Now that the majority is Democrat, Nancy Pelosi is in power. How has that helped?
[/quote]

Thanks for posting the website Jas, I forgot. And let me get this straight, you've got a problem with them because their argument is based on ethics and not religion? "Sorry I know you're against abortion but you won't publicly declare that its because of God, so I'm not going to support you"

What kind of goofy argument is that?

And your speaking for Catholics again? Well that's a start

I'm a registered Democrat who has voted Republican for many years because of the Life issues. When the Dems put that pro-abort plank in, they left me.

When Dems call to encourage me to vote for them, it gives me an opportunity to tell them why they won't get my vote.

The Demo State Hq, in a GOTV call, told me I was a DINK. Anybody know what that means?

=============================
Blessed Father Damien pray for us!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1117629' date='Nov 11 2006, 02:27 PM']
I'm a registered Democrat who has voted Republican for many years because of the Life issues. When the Dems put that pro-abort plank in, they left me.

When Dems call to encourage me to vote for them, it gives me an opportunity to tell them why they won't get my vote.

The Demo State Hq, in a GOTV call, told me I was a DINK. Anybody know what that means?

=============================
Blessed Father Damien pray for us!
[/quote]

I always thought DINKs were "Double Income, No Kids" couples... but yeah... I bet that wasn't what he meant.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1117630' date='Nov 11 2006, 02:29 PM']
I always thought DINKs were "Double Income, No Kids" couples... but yeah... I bet that wasn't what he meant.
[/quote]

Holly Molly what would you do with all that money and time? :blink:

Definition of Dink

Dink is an alternative band that draws heavily from funk-metal, industrial, and rap.

Dink Smallwood is a humorous zelda-like isometric adventure/RPG produced and published by Robinson Technologies in 1997. One of the unique features of Dink is its abilities to run Dink Modules (DMOD's) for unlimited adventure. Dink Edit is included with the game so you can make your own.

Across Australia a "Dink" (sometimes "Dinky") is to give someone a lift on your pushbike. A dink can be given on the handlebars, sidebar or on the back.

"DINK" also means a small auxiliary boat affixed to a sailboat. See also dinghy.

Claude Giroux (wrestler) depicted a clown known as Dink in the World Wrestling Federation.

Also used as an insult. ("He's such a dink!") Common in Canada and New England. Euphemism for "di--".[mod][/mod]

The Dinks are a group of munchkin-like characters in red robes in the 1987 movie Spaceballs.

"Dink" is a scooter brand, manufactured by Kymco. See Dink Scooter.

"Dink" is also used to mean "Mess With" as in "I'm going to dink with that until it works". Along similar lines, in computer science, to increment or decrement a counter, as in "In counting from 4 to 6, it dinks the counter two times".

Dink, the Little Dinosaur, a children's animated series broadcast in the United States in the 1980s.

"Dink" (U.S. Vietnam era) was used as a derogatory reference for North Vietnamese soldiers or guerrillas. See List of ethnic slurs.

Dink Meeker is a character in the Ender's Game series of books by Orson Scott Card.

"Dink" is a hypocorism for the given name Dennis.

"Dink" is also a word in beach volleyball lingo refering to a soft attacking shot travelling in an arc at low velocity. A "dink" in this context is usually strategically directed away from the reach of the blocker and the non-blocking defender. A beach volleyball dink is also known as a 'roll-shot'.

Pick one. :lol:

Edited by Lil Red

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1117597' date='Nov 11 2006, 02:35 PM']

and a sweet excerpt on their abortion stance.

[/quote]

Here's the thing. Dems for life are the only eal pro-lifers. They are againist the total Culture of Death- (abortion, Euthanasia, DP, war, ext.) Now, there many anti-aboriton Republicans were aren't pro-life, for to be Pro-life one must support the whole Culture of Life, not just one issue.