An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help Improve Vocation Station!

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

[quote name='HisChild' post='1117212' date='Nov 10 2006, 09:54 PM']
My thoughts are that we should make VS a universal vocation discernment phorum. It seems less divisive. . . I hope my opinion doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities. It's just my own perspective. My $.02, if you will. :)
[/quote]
You share our vision. :) I agree with the points you make as they are the ones I have attempted to make throughout the thread.

+

The points that seem to have been made in this thread:

If Hughey has an idea about VS, then she is beyond reproach.

If Hughey asks for opinion, she means only those with which she agrees.

If Hughey proposes an idea based on "trust" and "hope", then it must be accepted, because, after all, who argues with "trust" and "hope" and is simultaneously religious?

If you agree with Hughey, she will post a smilie applauding you.

If you disagree with Hughey, she will dance around the issue in a long response post.

If you are a mod, you don't need to be neutral in a "debate" you begin.

This, sadly, is what this entire thread appears to have been.

Where is the fruit? What is the purpose? WHY is it going on? :idontknow:

Just do what you're going to do already and stop this farce at democracy and community. This thread should go away -it is flawed in its original posting, for a variety of reasons, which I believe were illustrated above.

Edited by Veritas

franciscanheart

Whenever a moderator does something that some other member doesn't like, the moderator all of a sudden has a personal vendetta.

Whenever a moderator, regardless of the support of many, impliments something someone doesn't like, we're out to ruin the fun for everyone.

Whenever a moderator does anything that someone doesn't like, they are immediately attacked, criticized, and made to feel evil.

I have done my very best to remain civil - charitable - KIND, even. If I had a problem with a specific person, I took it to a personal message. I have not spoken unkindly of anyone in public. I have done my best to answer questions, respond to concerns, and keep an open mind and heart about this. But I have to say, this is getting out of hand. If it wasn't before, it definitely is now. It has become a personal attack.

I don't appreciate (AS A PERSON) the way I have been treated. I have listened and responded to points just as well as the next person. My answers may not have changed, but neither did the complaints.

I would ask that all of you remember that even though we have a moderator tag strapped to our name, we are still people. And we are people who care about the good of this site. We do our honest-to-goodness best to do everything we do with charity and respect. We give the benefit of the doubt, never doing something if we're unsure about it. And yet we are harped on the minute you don't like something we do. We go unnoticed until it is personal - and then we're disliked.

It has been the same since I became a moderator so I can't say I'm surprised by the words that have been brought up against me. However, the effect is still the same. I am still human and the effect is still the same.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1117319' date='Nov 10 2006, 11:33 PM']
Whenever a moderator does something that some other member doesn't like, the moderator all of a sudden has a personal vendetta.

Whenever a moderator, regardless of the support of many, impliments something someone doesn't like, we're out to ruin the fun for everyone.

Whenever a moderator does anything that someone doesn't like, they are immediately attacked, criticized, and made to feel evil.
I have done my very best to remain civil - charitable - KIND, even. If I had a problem with a specific person, I took it to a personal message. I have not spoken unkindly of anyone in public. I have done my best to answer questions, respond to concerns, and keep an open mind and heart about this. But I have to say, this is getting out of hand. If it wasn't before, it definitely is now. It has become a personal attack.

I don't appreciate (AS A PERSON) the way I have been treated. I have listened and responded to points just as well as the next person. My answers may not have changed, but neither did the complaints.

I would ask that all of you remember that even though we have a moderator tag strapped to our name, we are still people. And we are people who care about the good of this site. We do our honest-to-goodness best to do everything we do with charity and respect. We give the benefit of the doubt, never doing something if we're unsure about it. And yet we are harped on the minute you don't like something we do. We go unnoticed until it is personal - and then we're disliked.

It has been the same since I became a moderator so I can't say I'm surprised by the words that have been brought up against me. However, the effect is still the same. I am still human and the effect is still the same.
[/quote]

+

1. I don't think you have a "vendetta" but I it seems this thread has been dishonest and it doesn't seem right to pretend otherwise.

2. I don't think you're out to ruin fun -It seems the purpose of this thread has been a sham, and I'm annoyed.

3. If you've done something wrong, I hope you'll to correct it. No one should feel evil, unless they've done evil.

4. An open mind and heart? okay, I'll leave that alone. A personal attack? More an evaluation on the content of the posting. I do believe that's up for review and debate, that's the criteria, right?

5. I don't appreciate the way I have been treated, personally, on this thread or through pm. Why? Because this thread is DISHONEST and there have been personal attacks. Furthermore, if what I stated above is inappropriate, half of debate table should be gone.

6. Yes, as a mod, I hold you to a higher standard -kind of like a priest. With privilege comes responsibility, right?

7. I've started several threads in Open Mic, thanking mods for the work they do. It makes pm a nice place to be. I'm not harping on you, I'm concerned about the appearance of untruthfullness of the original post. I regret that there was no other way to reference the points of the thread creater and moderator, which is significant, but through the use of "hughey". I would have rather stated something less pointed, because I know people take names personally but could find no suitable alternative. I'm sure you are a very good person.

But, you're not answering the points. Are they wrong? Or, is this just another long post dancing around the issue?

At this point, and I've said it before, you have every right to do what you will as mod -just don't pretend a bunch of things are up for discussion, which aren't. I reiterate, this thread is not accomplishing it's goal, it should be closed instead of applauding those, who agree with you and dismissing those who don't as if that's somesort of helpful democracy. Or, move it to the debate table and see what those folks think of all this.

Edited by Veritas

franciscanheart

I have said once already:

I am sorry that my original post was misleading. My bad. You know that there is much support for the inclusion of all vocations and we are looking for constructive ideas for making that happen and still helping this place to be easily used by all.

I KNOW I have said that already. And here I am saying it again.

Hate me for being unclear in my first post. But don't continue to say that this thread is dishonest.

Concise enough for you?

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1117359' date='Nov 11 2006, 12:28 AM']
I have said once already:

I am sorry that my original post was misleading. My bad. You know that there is much support for the inclusion of all vocations and we are looking for constructive ideas for making that happen and still helping this place to be easily used by all.

I KNOW I have said that already. And here I am saying it again.

Hate me for being unclear in my first post. But don't continue to say that this thread is dishonest.

Concise enough for you?
[/quote]

Yes, better. -perfect, I daresay. But, no one seems to be reading that far, and so the comments on, "I like VS how it is now and I like VS how you've decided it will be, except I don't know that" are perpetuating. So, please consider beginning another thread, and just getting rid of this one, so that the confusion and all the baggage with it can go to rest!

Yes, I'm a stickler for words. Thank you for being concise so that I could understand you! Apology most happily accepted.

Blessings,

Edited by Veritas