An Old School Catholic Message Board

Too Young For Me?

Dave

Hi,

I never thought I'd see the day I asked the folks on PM for advice about my love life. Anyway, there's a girl I think I like. She goes to my parish a lot (I say "a lot" because it's not her usual parish), and I realized a long time ago I have a talent for making her laugh. In fact, when I'm around her I turn into something of a flirt!

So what's the problem here? Well, I'm almost 31, and I just found out she's 23. Personally I'd rather not date anyone who's more than 3 years older than me or more than 4-5 years younger than me. Do any of y'all see a problem with the age issue? Thanks in advance for your input.

Ash Wednesday

I don't see a problem with it. If she's a mature churchgoing girl (which it sounds like she is), then go for it! :)

It all depends on the person; she might be more mature than some your age!

But one thing I've found is that the age differences mean less as you get older. An eight year difference will be more noticeable (not to mention probably illegal!) in high school/college because people are still maturing, but the further after college one would assume (or hope) that all have pretty much matured.

Personally I think as long as it's legal it's more about the person than about the age. I would marry a guy who was 50 if he was the right guy.

VeniteAdoremus

Of the three people I've dated with some degree of seriousness two were more than eight years older (and one was a year younger). It totally depends on the person. It's much easier if you're in the same stage of life, though - one in college, one not can be hard.

I'd get HER opinion. :)

Age difference? What age difference? :mellow:

(My parents are 12 years apart in age...my dad is closer in age to my grandmother than he is to my mom)

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='LuchaporElRey21' post='1111205' date='Nov 4 2006, 06:42 PM']
Hey man, if the younger ladies dig you, I say go for it! lol
[/quote]

:rolling:

Age really shouldn't be the deciding factor. I would say, if you think you two are a good match, give it a shot. :) You can already make her laugh... so you're off to a good start. :P:

franciscanheart

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1111193' date='Nov 4 2006, 06:37 PM']
Yeah, what they said. :)
[/quote]
Yeah, what she said. :)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1111218' date='Nov 5 2006, 01:49 AM']
Yeah, what she said. :)
[/quote]

Well, you hear it, the Phamily has spoken :D:

LuchaporElRey21

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1111214' date='Nov 4 2006, 06:47 PM']
:rolling:
Age really shouldn't be the deciding factor. I would say, if you think you two are a good match, give it a shot. :) You can already make her laugh... so you're off to a good start. :P:
[/quote]

Trish, it's the truth! The greatest compliment a man can get, bar from a woman telling him that she loves him and wants to spend the rest of her life with him, is from a younger woman! :rolleyes: :smokey: :blush: :cool:

Edited by LuchaporElRey21