An Old School Catholic Message Board

25,000 Abortions Per Week In The U.s. Supported By Many Protestants

Katholikos

There have been [b]42,213,715[/b] little pre-born humans killed by abortion in the U.S. alone since Roe v. Wade became law. Killings continue at the rate of [b]25,000 per week[/b].

Many Protestant churches support these deaths. Some (e.g., certain Lutherans) even provide insurance for their denomination's employees to cover the cost of their abortions.

Budge and other Protestants hit Catholics over the head with the big stick of the Spanish Inquisition, in which some 3,000 to 5,000 adults lost their lives at the hands of the State (not the Church) after having been found guilty of heresy. What are these millions of babies convicted of that they are condemned to torture and death?

There's no comparison between the Inquisition and the torture and death of millions at the hands of abortionists, with the approval of many Protestants.

[url="http://www.rcrc.org/about/index.cfm"]http://www.rcrc.org/about/index.cfm[/url] (Religious Coalition for Reproductive Rights) - Not every Protestant group that supports abortion belongs to this coalition, but this will give you an idea about the vast extent of Protestant support for this heinous and deadly destruction of God's children at their eariest stage of development.

[url="http://priestsforlife.org/resources/war.htm"]http://priestsforlife.org/resources/war.htm[/url] (comparative statistics for the U.S. alone)

===========================
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

VeniteAdoremus
:( :boink:

I know we should practice charity in everything, and yadda yadda yadda...

I just want to... argh!

25.000 babies a WEEK!

Membership list for the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Rights (pro-abortion religious organizations)

Conservative Judaism
Rabbinical Assembly
United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
Women’s League for Conservative Judaism

Episcopal Church
The Episcopal Church

Ethical Culture
American Ethical Union National Service Conference

Humanist Judaism
Society for Humanistic Judaism

Presbyterian Church (USA)
Presbyterians Affirming Reproductive Options (PARO)
Women’s Ministries
Washington Office

Reconstructionist Judaism
Jewish Reconstructionist Federation
Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association

Reform Judaism
Central Conference of American Rabbis
North American Federation of Temple Youth
Union for Reform Judaism
Women of Reform Judaism, The Federation of Temple Sisterhoods
Women’s Rabbinic Network of Central Conference of American Rabbis

United Church of Christ
Justice and Witness Ministries

United Methodist Church
General Board of Church and Society
General Board of Global Ministries, Women’s Division

Unitarian Universalist
Unitarian Universalist Association
Unitarian Universalist Women’s Federation
Young Religious Unitarian Universalists
Continental Unitarian Universalist Young Adult Network

They are even twisting Catholic teaching to make it sound like the Church supports abortion. Sick!

There is NOWHERE in Christianity that supports abortion. NOWHERE! I pray every day that it ends. There is no freedom if our most innocent children are not given the freedom to live and the Bible says we have to protect the innocent. It's our God-given duty!

Budge wrote: (on Mulls' thread, post #78)
[quote]as Ive written on here before, I believe the Catholic Church definitely is teaching another gospel, and one that has much in common with what I learned in 13 years of the UU. {Unitarian Universalists} for newbies, I was in born raised Catholic then UU for many years before a short return to Catholic church, and then was saved...[/quote]Budge was a member of the Unitarian Universalists for 13 years -- UU is a member of the Religious Coalitian for Reproductive Choice and a staunch supporter of abortion. (See the list of RCRC members in my previous post). Since there are about 1.5 million babies tortured and killed every year in the U.S., in the 13 years while she supported UU, there were almost 20 million babies killed. How does that compare with the Inquisition, Budge? None of us Catholics were personally responsible for the Inquisition, but you were a card-carrying member of UU while this carnage was going on.

----------------------------------------------

Edited by Katholikos

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1111382' date='Nov 4 2006, 09:30 PM']
Since there are about 1.5 million babies tortured and/or killed every year in the U.S.,
[/quote]

As much as I disagree with abortion, I don't think this makes any sense. I've never heard of an abortion clinic that tortures the baby and then doesn't kill it.

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1111018' date='Nov 4 2006, 05:16 PM']Budge and other Protestants hit Catholics over the head with the big stick of the Spanish Inquisition, in which some 3,000 to 5,000 adults lost their lives at the hands of the State (not the Church) after having been found guilty of heresy. What are these millions of babies convicted of that they are condemned to torture and death?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, two wrongs don't make a right.

You've ALL got blood on your hands! :P:

[quote name='Goetian' post='1111401' date='Nov 4 2006, 09:43 PM']

[/quote]

You're of European descent. Europeans murdered people. Therefore you've got blood on your hands. :shock: Your argument is painfully illogical.

Edited by KizlarAgha

[/quote]
Too bad I haven't killed anyone. The last I checked, the only thing on my hands right now is, well, nothing :P:

[quote name='KizlarAgha' post='1111405' date='Nov 4 2006, 09:44 PM']
You're of European descent. Europeans murdered people. Therefore you've got blood on your hands. :shock: Your argument is painfully illogical.
[/quote]

Yeah, I've got blood on my hands.

What's so illogical about it?

[quote name='Goetian' post='1111409' date='Nov 4 2006, 09:48 PM']
Yeah, I've got blood on my hands.

What's so illogical about it?
[/quote]

You don't get a taint from the actions of people you've never even met. Catholics have no taint for the inquisition. Budge has no taint because she was a member of a church that supported abortion. If Budge had an abortion, that is between her and God. If she didn't then she is innocent of any such charges.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' post='1111388' date='Nov 4 2006, 09:35 PM']
As much as I disagree with abortion, I don't think this makes any sense. I've never heard of an abortion clinic that tortures the baby and then doesn't kill it.
[/quote]Perhaps my wording left the wrong impression. The point is that many forms of abortion are torture, saline and partial birth abortions, for example. I'll edit my post so readers won't be confused. Thanks.

---------------------------------

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1111420' date='Nov 4 2006, 09:53 PM']
Perhaps my wording left the wrong impression. The point is that many forms of abortion are torture, saline and partial birth abortions, for example. I'll edit my post so readers won't be confused. Thanks.

---------------------------------
[/quote]

Fair enough! I was just like "Or? Hmmm..." :idontknow:

[/quote]We didn't contribute financial or moral support to the Inquisition. We weren't alive then. Budge did contribute financial and moral support to an organization that used its resources to kill the unborn.

Then, by your logic, you've got blood of slaves on your hands if you're an American.

-------------------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, Pray for us!

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1111434' date='Nov 4 2006, 10:00 PM']
We didn't contribute financial or moral support to the Inquisition. We weren't alive then. Budge did contribute financial and moral support to an organization that used its resources to kill the unborn.

Then, by your logic, you've got blood of slaves on your hands if you're an American.

-------------------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, Pray for us!
[/quote]

I have no doubt that some of my university tuition went to the women's center which supports contraceptives (including handing them out) and abortion. Some of my tuition went to the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity which used some of that money to buy condoms and lube to hand out for free to the homosexual community. Some of my money went to Student Health which prescribes birth control and morning after pills and counsels their use. By attending that university am I guilty of those things?