An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would Someone Debate This Website I Found ?

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Very briefly looked at two things on there. From what I could tell it was just really inaccurate Biblical (and literary) interpretation. For example:
The Bible says nations WILL fight other nations.
The site concludes that the Bible therefore endorses war.

Edited by thedude

This would be hysterically funny if it were not so pathetically, deadly serious.

Here's yet another example of the evils of Sola Scriptura and making every individual his own interpreter of Sacred Scripture. Oy veh!

------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1110969' date='Nov 4 2006, 03:42 PM']
This would be hysterically funny if it were not so pathetically, deadly serious.

Here's yet another example of the evils of Sola Scriptura and making every individual his own interpreter of Sacred Scripture. Oy veh!

------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!
[/quote]

good point

It's really difficult to debate a website. Obviously it's a website; I've been there. There's nothing to debate.

And the guy has a point.

The Bible is violent and we're rotten people. He wins. Let him go back to eating his vegan diet and collecting pictures of Tim Robbins.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1112452' date='Nov 6 2006, 12:34 AM']
It's really difficult to debate a website. Obviously it's a website; I've been there. There's nothing to debate.

And the guy has a point.

The Bible is violent and we're rotten people. He wins. Let him go back to eating his vegan diet and collecting pictures of Tim Robbins.
[/quote]

lol
who's tim robbins ?

Tim Robbins - Left winger who's "partners" with Susan Sarandon. Great Actor - see "Shawshank Redemption"

[img]http://www.pathguy.com/robbins.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Azriel' post='1112932' date='Nov 6 2006, 03:33 PM']
Tim Robbins - Left winger who's "partners" with Susan Sarandon. Great Actor - see "Shawshank Redemption"

[img]http://www.pathguy.com/robbins.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Proof positive that you don't have to be rational to be a good actor.

I'm not sure how to take peoples responses to this question :idontknow: were you being sarcastic?
I believe that these are questions and quotes in the bible that do need some explanation.
I know for myself, that they prove to be a serious hindrance to my faith, for as hard as i try tp believe that God is Love, all i need do is open the Old Testament and there sits an entire collection of books about Gods anger, wrath, sending of evil, plagues, destroying nations, commanding people go to war and literally commit genocide :blink:

For instance, here is something that does not make sense to me:
God is perfect pure and sinless, God is Love --> Anger is sin [mortal sin according to the Church] --> God is almost ALWAYS angry throughout the old Testament --> therefore God is commiting mortal sin --> therefore God is not sinless ???????????

[quote name='GodChild' post='1113068' date='Nov 6 2006, 06:45 PM']
I'm not sure how to take peoples responses to this question :idontknow: were you being sarcastic?
I believe that these are questions and quotes in the bible that do need some explanation.
I know for myself, that they prove to be a serious hindrance to my faith, for as hard as i try tp believe that God is Love, all i need do is open the Old Testament and there sits an entire collection of books about Gods anger, wrath, sending of evil, plagues, destroying nations, commanding people go to war and literally commit genocide :blink:

God is perfect pure and sinless, God is Love --> Anger is sin [mortal sin according to the Church] --> God is almost ALWAYS angry throughout the old Testament --> therefore God is commiting mortal sin --> therefore God is not sinless ???????????
[/quote]

Anger is not a mortal sin.

It is a state of mind that can lead to mortal sin, but not a sin in and of itself.

[quote name='GodChild' post='1113068' date='Nov 6 2006, 06:45 PM']

[/quote]

i know what your sayen..alot of that stuff on the website really makes you think...at the end of the day though....i love God and i dont care...cuz i know he gots my back...so ya...but on the other hand...alot of that stuff is troubling on that website....and if i didnt love God i would use alot of that stuff to argue against the pure and perfect love of God......