An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexual Living Together

dairygirl4u2c

Groo the Wanderer

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

can it get any worse?

[quote name='RC_' post='1109110' date='Nov 2 2006, 05:58 PM']
Budge could convert.

:P:
[/quote]

I love budge! She provides hours of mind-blowing entertainment.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' post='1109113' date='Nov 2 2006, 04:59 PM']
I love budge! She provides hours of mind-blowing entertainment.
[/quote]
At no extra cost! :cool:

I would claim that allowing gay marriage would be contrary to the common good. It would degrade the idea family even more and a homosexual environment is definetely NOT the best place for adoption. Very contrary to the common good. Let 'em live together, we can't leglislate morality, but let's NOT have the state endorse it.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1108974' date='Nov 2 2006, 04:33 PM']
Is a sin for homosexuals to live together as long as they don't indulge in sexual activity? I imagine something about occasion to sin could be called for but.

Would it be wrong for a Catholic to allow civil unions, under the guise of thinking the homosexuals will simply be living together and not presuming that that are indulging in sexual activity? Probably related ot the last question.

Answer both questions in regards to what the CC teaches, and if there's room for interpretation, what you think. Be sure to say if it's the CC your citing or yourself.
[/quote]

Whatever happened to the concept of friends sharing expenses by renting an apartment?
It used to be people could share apartments without the world assuming there is a sexual relationship.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Kosh' post='1109142' date='Nov 2 2006, 06:18 PM']
yes, but thats not a Civil Union.
[/quote]
I know I was just venting a bit :)

I'd marry my best friend (a boy; i'm a girl) not because I like him (like that) but because it'd afford us quite a few benefits from the state that I'm uneligible for as a single person. The sex would be assumed but not actually happening. It happens like that for lots of straight couples. It might be an occasion to sin, but not near as much as people think. It wouldn't be scandelous because we're of different genders, but whatever, scandal happens. If a girl is a lesbian and living with other girls it doesn't mean they're all having crazy sex, it just means they're living together. Sometimes people assume too much about other people's [sex] lives.

I don't think the CC will ever really be okay with the gays, but that's just from what I've seen. Some Catholics are cool, but as an institution no.

Well there is the minor problem of gay activity being wrong. However, while I understand that the state offers benefits for marriage, my understanding is that its for making raising a family easier. Obviously this shouldn't happen if your intent is not to raise a family. Plus I don't think that the state should authorize gay marriage in any way, state, or form whether or not gay sex is actually occuring.

That being said, kudos to all gays who practice restraint and abstinance. Not easy.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1108974' date='Nov 2 2006, 03:33 PM']
Would it be wrong for a Catholic to allow civil unions, under the guise of thinking the homosexuals will simply be living together and not presuming that that are indulging in sexual activity?
[/quote]

That sentence is contradictory. The nature of a civil union is sexual.

Also, remember how the song goes:

"The purpose of a man is to love a woman
And the purpose of a woman is to love a man..."

Edited by Norseman82

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1109251' date='Nov 2 2006, 07:43 PM']
That sentence is contradictory. The nature of a civil union is sexual.
Also, remember how the song goes:

"The purpose of a man is to love a woman
And the purpose of a woman is to love a man..."
[/quote]

but does the nature of a civil union have to be sexual?

can't it just be material, I want these benefits for my best friend?

It doesn't have to be sexual, but people will assume it is if there is any hint of it. I'd love to have those benefits with my best friend if we don't end up having anyone else because I want to be able to look after him and him me. You get all the nice POA and medical benefits which is what it would be about for best friends, but that's not how the media (or govt really) is painting what they want it to be. If it was just stuff like that they'd have civil unions for any 2 people, now they are just marketing it to gays.