An Old School Catholic Message Board

Greetings From Sister Mary Helga

Incarnate Word Postulant

Incarnate Word Postulant

Hello Phamily!

Novitiate is going well (with some ups and downs) It is very different from Postulancy! I don't know what to tell you, I get to spend a lot of time in silence. I have been praying, sewing, praying, journaling, praying. I am teaching reading to 4 & 5 year olds with reading difficulties, I go to different classrooms and work with them on a one-to-one basis. I am only doing this 1/2 a day and the rest of the day is dedicated to formation. I am making the apostolic year of the novitiate, next year will be my canonical (my community sometimes reverses it) I like it because it wasn't such a drastic change (though my life has changed!)

Well, just wanted to say hi, please keep praying for me, that I may remain faithfyl to His love.

Lovingly in the Incarnate Word,

Sr. Mary Helga

Hi Sister Helga!
Glad you were able to post a little bit and that you seem to be easing into novitiate so well. I have peeked at your blog a couple of times and enjoyed the pictures you put up on the many ways to pick fruit :lol_roll: !
However, I am clueless when you make Spanish posts on your blog. :unsure: Maybe I need to take some language lessons, eh?
God bless!

[quote name='stlmom' post='1106663' date='Nov 1 2006, 12:11 AM']
Hi Sister Helga!
Glad you were able to post a little bit and that you seem to be easing into novitiate so well. I have peeked at your blog a couple of times and enjoyed the pictures you put up on the many ways to pick fruit :lol_roll: !
However, I am clueless when you make Spanish posts on your blog. :unsure: Maybe I need to take some language lessons, eh?
God bless!
[/quote]
Que su formacion continue por buen camino hermana.
Que Dios la bendiga.

Sister Mary Helga..........Thank you for your progress report. I am so glad that you are settling in the novitiate.........you certainly seem to be very busy !! I also love your blog and hope that you are all enjoying the wonderful fruit. God Bless. :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Jennirom' post='1106777' date='Oct 31 2006, 06:11 PM']
Sister Mary Helga..........Thank you for your progress report. I am so glad that you are settling in the novitiate.........you certainly seem to be very busy !! I also love your blog and hope that you are all enjoying the wonderful fruit. God Bless. :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

+

Blog? (looks around) Blog? (looks around again) Where is this blog of which you speak?

:lol:

Blessings!

If you click on her name, you'll see a link to her blog on her profile page. . .

Tis also right [url="http://incarnatewordpostulant.blogspot.com/"]HERE[/url]

Sister Mary Helga, It's so nice to hear from you! I pray for you always. Keep in touch when you can.

Yours in Christ,
Denise

Incarnate Word Postulant

These are a couple of pictures. In the first one I was translating for some community meeting. I have a degree in Translation Studies (a minor, really)

[img]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/princesahelga/HelgasPicture.jpg[/img]

In this picture, the kids from Montessori had prepared a surprise party for my birthday. They were so excited that I found out ahead of time! Notice the tiny cupcakes (little for me, but just perfect for their tiny hands) They were so cute, the 2 1/2 year old girls set the table and gave me a "happy birthday" napkin. They prayed for me and sang and then we got to eat the "whole" cupcake.

Gracias a los que leen mi blog. Estudié literatura Peninsular y Latinoamericana, de ahí lo raro de los posts.

Can somebody please fix the post?, the picture is so huge!

Edited by Incarnate Word Postulant

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' post='1107509' date='Nov 1 2006, 12:28 PM']
These are a couple of pictures. In the first one I was translating for some community meeting. I have a degree in Translation Studies (a minor, really)

[img]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/princesahelga/HelgasPicture.jpg[/img]
In this picture, the kids from Montessori had prepared a surprise party for my birthday. They were so excited that I found out ahead of time! Notice the tiny cupcakes (little for me, but just perfect for their tiny hands) They were so cute, the 2 1/2 year old girls set the table and gave me a "happy birthday" napkin. They prayed for me and sang and then we got to eat the "whole" cupcake.
Gracias a los que leen mi blog. Estudié literatura Peninsular y Latinoamericana, de ahí lo raro de los posts.

Can somebody please fix the post?, the picture is so huge!
[/quote]

+

That is by far the best postulant outfit I've seen! White and hot pink with a medal and long white veil? -I LOVE it! :lol: Thanks for the post! You look SO happy! Yay! God is good!

Incarnate Word Postulant

No, I'm not a postulant anymore, I'm a novice. The colors of the congregation are white and marroon.

I realize the second picture did not make it, but now I'm off the internet again.

Everyone, please pray for me. I am taking violin lessons and I find it hard. I play other instruments, but this is hard! Maybe I just don't have the patience. Please pray. :guitar:

Hna. Maria Helga:

Que alegria de verte vestida como novicia :)! Y ver poesia en mi querido idioma :D: .

No he tenido mucho tiempo para leer el blog en detalle ... si Dios quiere este fin de semana lo hare.

Que Dios y la Virgen siempre te acompanen, y que Ella te tenga siempre bajo su manto de proteccion y cuidado materno.

-- Carmencita

(Translation (paraphrased): What joy it gives me to see you dressed as a novice! And to see poetry in my beloved language. I haven't had too much time to read your blog in detail ... God willing I will do so this weekend. May God and Our Lady always be with you, and may She always keep you under her mantle of protection and maternal care.)