An Old School Catholic Message Board

John Kerry Maligns Our Usa Military… Again

Lounge Daddy

KERRY TELLS COLLEGE STUDENTS: GET A GOOD EDUCATION OR YOU'LL END UP STUCK IN IRAQ...

[url="http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/mlib/616/10/616_1162269270.mp3"]AUDIO[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o"]VIDEO[/url]

[quote name='Red Knight' post='1106194' date='Oct 31 2006, 01:40 PM']
Hmm, I'm in the Army, I've been to Iraq, and whoa!! I am a college graduate!
[/quote]

Nooooooooooo… that’s impossible!!!

(best Luke Sywalker Episode 5 voice)

I know a lot of people in the military. Many of my friends and many in my family serve or have served. They are a whole lot smarter than this guy. This attack makes me angry and grateful that he is not our Commander-in-Chief.

I watched the video clip on YouTube, and his "Apology".

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o"]Belittling Troops[/url]

[url="http://hotair.com/archives/2006/10/31/video-kerry-refuses-to-apologize-for-insulting-american-troops/"]The Apology[/url]

Warning: The comments on the refuse to apologize video page contain explicit language.

Oh and by the way, if people like Kerry actually spent some time with the ground troops, they would learn that having a degree does not necessarily mean you are smarter than a soldier who doesn't.

The technical expertise that soldier's need to master in today's military is light years beyond what Kerry had to when he served.

Kerry is a poor representative of Vietnam Veterans.

HeavenlyCalling

Hat's off to you Red Knight!!

John Kerry in my opinion cant tell right from left, but what he said was terrible and really should make a VERY public apology.

Just heard on Hannity, the National Commander of the American Legion just called for John Kerry's apology for his remarks.

Ah yes, I've forgotten that the standards are so much higher in drunken fraternities. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, my brother is in the army and he can't seem to get sent to Iraq no matter how hard he tries. He's been in training for over a year now. He really wants to deploy, but it just isn't happening.

Kerry claims it was a botched joke (slam) about Bush. I.e. insert foot in mouth. Then in his "apology" speach he said "Iraq is a failure and I'm not going to stand around and let it be a success". Once again insert foot in mouth.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1106577' date='Oct 31 2006, 05:36 PM']
Kerry claims it was a botched joke (slam) about Bush. I.e. insert foot in mouth. Then in his "apology" speach he said "Iraq is a failure and I'm not going to stand around and let it be a success". Once again insert foot in mouth.
[/quote]

Ah yes... I keep forgetting that it is politically beneficial for the left only if the USA loses (or if the voters think we are losing)

[quote] And at a hastily arranged news conference in Seattle, Kerry said: "[b] I apologize to no one[/b] ..."
---10/31/2006 4:52pm AP[/quote]

This is the same chump that said our troops were the terrorists, isn’t it?
Man alive, I’m glad he isn’t our president.

Edited by Lounge Daddy

They don't provide the context before and after. I read elsewhere that he was taking a shot at Bush (who is always joked on for his intelligence), not at the troops. I'll have to hear the full context to be offended. But, even supposing that he was talking about the troops, there is an element of truth there, that people without many options join the military for the benefits, to escape a menial life. This is an opportunity for exploitation by military recruiters. That doesn't mean you're stupid, it's just a fact that the more education you have, the more options you have.