An Old School Catholic Message Board

Has Anyone Read This Book?

cathoholic_anonymous

cathoholic_anonymous

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Price-Too-High-Pentecostal-Inspriational/dp/0898709199/sr=1-2/qid=1162313284/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-7518973-9532900?ie=UTF8&s=books"]This story[/url] sounds fascinating. Has anybody read it?

homeschoolmom

I am familiar with his story, but didn't know it came in book form. :drool: <makes an addition to the Christmas list>

Is this the story of Alex Jones? Not only did he convert, but he brought his entire congregation (what was left of it after he told them he was becoming Catholic) with him into the Church in Detroit. I think there were 86 of them. That's the number that sticks in my mind.

I'll have his video story of his conversion in a few days: "No Price Too High."

This is really a powerful story.

--------------------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

ok, i remember the guy studying to be a pentecostal minister.

and i thought he kinda looked like Bro. Adam, i remember seeing a picture of him somewhere. speaking of which, is he still around?

[quote name='mulls' post='1106364' date='Oct 31 2006, 03:21 PM']
[/quote]Alex Jones is a Black man from Detroit, and was pastor of a Pentecostal Church of (mostly?) Black members. They all became Catholic together. The man on JH last night is from north MN, near the Canadian border.

BTW, I've been away from phatmass. Last I knew, you were AOG and then Brethren. What now?

-----------------------------------------
"Katholikos" means Catholic in Greek.
Ex-Southern Baptist, agnostic, atheist

i've also been away till just recently.

after i left the brethren church, i jumped around at a couple of non-denom's, but they were too "churchy," so i got involved in a local bible study which turned into our own house church, but i didn't like their views on facial hair, so i went southern baptist for awhile, but they tried to turn me into a republican war monger, so i went to a liberal congregational church, but their coffee was too dark, then i got invited to a greek orthodox church but they didn't even know english.....

just kidding. but knowing your views of denominations, is that what you were fishing for? i've been at the same little brethren church for over 3 years now. they're my family.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='mulls' post='1106364' date='Oct 31 2006, 02:21 PM']

and i thought he kinda looked like Bro. Adam, i remember seeing a picture of him somewhere. speaking of which, is he still around?
[/quote]
Yeah, I saw that guy last night. Nope, wrong guy....

Brother Adam pops his head in every once in a while. They just had their first baby-- a boy. Joseph John-Paul.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1106773' date='Oct 31 2006, 07:09 PM']

Brother Adam pops his head in every once in a while. They just had their first baby-- a boy. Joseph John-Paul.
[/quote]Remember when Mrs. Bro Adam's screen name was "forever Baptist"? :) And now the (almost) new Catholics have a little one named John-Paul. Sweet.

Ice Princess told me Bro Adam has a new website.

----------------------------------------------