An Old School Catholic Message Board

B&e, What Am I Lacking To Become Christian?

jswranch

Oh, I am so sorry to hijack and I promise not to interrupt again but these repsonses to an honest question really bothered me and then....

You gotta walk the walk in my book?
You can see one's faith by how they live?

Im not taking you out of context. I have made this same mistake again and again in my life.

One of His constant criticisms was that Jesus spent time with “defiling people” like tax gatherers, swindlers, irreligious people (“sinners”), and probably even prostitutes. Though He was perfect, sinless — though He never did anything that was actually evil — by the standards of the religious, Jesus seemed regularly to have the appearance of evil. And as such was thought to be of evil.

Think about this for one moment before you blast me, as I will not respond.

Me thinks you may need to rethink that.

you gotta be kidding me.

thank you t-bone.

it's that whole "faith without works thing" that everyone here likes to preach about. but when the non-catholic brings up it and applies it to real life, it's pharisaism.

walking the walk = growing in maturity = becoming like Christ = love. my goodness.

Edited by mulls

Unless someone else wants to confirm that my 8 statements do or do not make me a Christian, this thread is continued in the tread [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=59798"]Exommunicated Myself For Assurance And Grace?, According to what?[/url]

[quote]I believe Budge is a Christian.[/quote]

Honestly Im surprised.

You do know that according to the teachings of your church because I was raised, baptized and confirmed Catholic, and fully have rejected the Catholic church, I am officially a HERETIC and thusly hellbound. {Im not worried}

The Dalai Lama has far more chance of getting in then me according to such teachings, and I love and affirm Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

BTW, I know there are some Catholics who have put full trust and faith, in Jesus Christ, but they are no longer Catholics once that happens they are Christians and most likely will one day be on their way out. I even was witnessing to a Catholic lady I believed was born again--[she was afraid to leave because of her mother]

God really truly knows who is saved and isnt, but I do believe that some fruits of salvation are love of Gods Word, and well when someone is defending the inquisition--applies to some here--that is definitely NOT ONE.

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1107355' date='Nov 1 2006, 08:03 AM']
Honestly Im surprised.

You do know that according to the teachings of your church because I was raised, baptized and confirmed Catholic, and fully have rejected the Catholic church, I am officially a HERETIC and thusly hellbound. {Im not worried}[/quote]

Yes I know. If you really want to be surprised, start a thread:
[i]According to the teachings of the Catholic Church am I a Christian?[/i] In the text, make sure you mention you have been baptized Catholic and now still believe in Jesus.

As for the heretic thing, there are two types of heretics: object matter heretics and subject matter heretics. One can still go to heaven and the other is hellbound. Only God truly knows which one you are. If you want to discuss this responsibly, you should study it. I can send you a link if you want.

[quote]As for the heretic thing, there are two types of heretics: object matter heretics and subject matter heretics. One can still go to heaven and the other is hellbound. Only God truly knows which one you are. If you want to discuss this responsibly, you should study it. I can send you a link if you want.[/quote]

The invincible ignorance clause wouldnt apply here.

:topsy:

Really Im not worried. Its not your Pope and Magisterium determining who gets in.

[quote name='Budge' post='1108693' date='Nov 2 2006, 11:56 AM']

Really Im not worried. Its not your Pope and Magisterium determining who gets in.
[/quote]

And the Church doesn't teach that they do.

cathoholic_anonymous
:offtopic:

Anthony, I love your picture of the Divine Mercy - that has got to be one of my favourite icons, and the Chaplet one of my most treasured prayers.

[quote name='Budge' post='1108693' date='Nov 2 2006, 09:56 AM']
The invincible ignorance clause wouldnt apply here.
[/quote]
Why not?

[quote name='Budge' post='1108693' date='Nov 2 2006, 09:56 AM'] Really Im not worried. Its not your Pope and Magisterium determining who gets in.
[/quote]

[quote name='RC_' post='1108785' date='Nov 2 2006, 11:34 AM']And the Church doesn't teach that they do.[/quote]

Just another case where Budge bashes a misrepresentation of Catholicism while trying to pass off as an expert.

I'd say that according to the 8 points in the first post, that'd indicate that you are a Christian. I wouldn't say that Catholics aren't Christians. They just have different stances on certain things.

[quote name='Joolye' post='1110697' date='Nov 4 2006, 07:13 AM']
I'd say that according to the 8 points in the first post, that'd indicate that you are a Christian. I wouldn't say that Catholics aren't Christians. They just have different stances on certain things.
[/quote]

Thanks.