An Old School Catholic Message Board

Someone Lock Me Up...

VeniteAdoremus

AlterDominicus

I'm sooooooooo excited, 3 months, WOOT WOOT! RCIA Class of 06!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :woot: :woot:

BIG Group hug!

Thank you Theresa, it is true.....without everyone God placed in my life, I wouldnt be Catholic!

Its funny, because I technically taught my RCIA Class! Since I got a head start with my "mentoring nuns" who still mentor and are just GREAT!

Particularly the community I know as of two months ago God is calling me to!

Edited by AlterDominicus

OH that is wonderful alterdominicus, I'd love to hear your conversion and vocation stories, May God Continue to bless you with all his Love!!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1163933' date='Jan 13 2007, 09:17 PM']
I'm sooooooooo excited, 3 months, WOOT WOOT! RCIA Class of 06!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :woot: :woot:

BIG Group hug!

Thank you Theresa, it is true.....without everyone God placed in my life, I wouldnt be Catholic!

Its funny, because I technically taught my RCIA Class! Since I got a head start with my "mentoring nuns" who still mentor and are just GREAT!

Particularly the community I know as of two months ago God is calling me to!
[/quote]

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1163937' date='Jan 14 2007, 04:31 AM']
OH that is wonderful alterdominicus, I'd love to hear your conversion and vocation stories, May God Continue to bless you with all his Love!!
[/quote]

Conversion stories! Yay! Yay! :)

(Not much to tell on my part - I was raised by Catholic parents who dediced to give me "the choice" (ehm, pardon? the choice to live in sin and darkness? sore spot there... :) ), went to a Catholic school, sung in the Cathedral choir, and got baptised and confirmed during the Easter Vigil in the year 2000, when I was 16. Funny detail: I'd forgotten to mention it to my choir, so when the baptismal candidates were called forward, I was like "Oh, pardon, coming through, coming through!)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1164251' date='Jan 14 2007, 04:49 PM']
Funny detail: I'd forgotten to mention it to my choir, so when the baptismal candidates were called forward, I was like "Oh, pardon, coming through, coming through!)
[/quote]

Every time you tell me this I laugh :D:

PP

Edited by puellapaschalis

VeniteAdoremus: I LOVE your story, and haha love the bit about the choir, I bet they were all so happy for you though! :) well my story is rather lengthy, so to sum it up shorlty, I came from the Methodist Faith but I always wanted to be a catholic from when I was a little girl (beautiful but long story how our lord guided me) and finally in 04 I found my home in my Parish and began studying the catechism with my priest and on April 10, 2004 I was recieved into the church and interesting is my original baptism when I was a baby at 9 mos. old in the methodist church was April 10, 1977. I am just SO in love with Holy Mother Church!!

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1164251' date='Jan 14 2007, 08:49 AM']
Conversion stories! Yay! Yay! :)

(Not much to tell on my part - I was raised by Catholic parents who dediced to give me "the choice" (ehm, pardon? the choice to live in sin and darkness? sore spot there... :) ), went to a Catholic school, sung in the Cathedral choir, and got baptised and confirmed during the Easter Vigil in the year 2000, when I was 16. Funny detail: I'd forgotten to mention it to my choir, so when the baptismal candidates were called forward, I was like "Oh, pardon, coming through, coming through!)
[/quote]

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='uruviel' post='1164371' date='Jan 14 2007, 08:56 PM']
it is an amazing sacrament! Perhaps one of my favorites (with the Eucharist of course)! Are we allowed to do that?
[/quote]

Why not? :) As long as you don't disregard the others, I'd say...

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1164427' date='Jan 14 2007, 09:47 PM']
VeniteAdoremus: I LOVE your story, and haha love the bit about the choir, I bet they were all so happy for you though! :) well my story is rather lengthy, so to sum it up shorlty, I came from the Methodist Faith but I always wanted to be a catholic from when I was a little girl (beautiful but long story how our lord guided me) and finally in 04 I found my home in my Parish and began studying the catechism with my priest and on April 10, 2004 I was recieved into the church and interesting is my original baptism when I was a baby at 9 mos. old in the methodist church was April 10, 1977. I am just SO in love with Holy Mother Church!!
[/quote]

Oh, that's really lovely, with the dates!

I was confirmed at the same time I was baptised, about 3 weeks after birth. so, I don't remember anything about it ;)

Oh, and jmj, that thief showed a certain chutzpah!