An Old School Catholic Message Board

Someone Lock Me Up...

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

Someone lock me up, because I've been reading about Confirmation, and remembering my own, and now I want to run out to the streets and start preaching.

Which is -not- a good idea if you live in a dorm complex, it's the middle of the night, and your mum is over from her home in another country and steeping in the living room.

I think it's far too easy to forget about your Confirmation... we're not reminded of it as often as we are about our Baptism and First Holy Communion. Yet, it's such a beautiful sacrament! A real "girdle for the road to come".

:blush:

:love:

AlterDominicus

Personally I cant wait until April 15th 2007 when its my one year anniversary of being Catholic!!! Even though I've been discerning since 2004

:clap: [quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1103553' date='Oct 28 2006, 06:24 PM']
Personally I cant wait until April 15th 2007 when its my one year anniversary of being Catholic!!! Even though I've been discerning since 2004
[/quote]

[size=3]
[color="#663366"][b]That's my one Year anniversary of being Catholic as well!!![/b]

Go RCIA Class of 2006 (woot woot!!)~

:grouphug: :cloud9: :sign: [/color] [/size]

[quote name='SanctifyMe' post='1103851' date='Oct 29 2006, 01:12 AM']
:clap:

[size=3]
[color="#663366"][b]That's my one Year anniversary of being Catholic as well!!![/b]
[/quote]

April 15 2007 will be my 12th anniversary of being brought back into the Church (I went through RCIA to do 1st communion, and confirmation; had been baptized catholic but had literally never went to mass (maybe 3 times) until Jan 1994).

Go class of 1995 ... :P:

-- Carmen

AlterDominicus

[quote name='SanctifyMe' post='1103851' date='Oct 29 2006, 01:12 AM']
:clap:

[size=3]
[/quote]

[color="#3333FF"][size=3][b]Go RCIA Class of 06!!!!!![/b][/size][/color]

:cheers: :beer: :drunk: :guitar: :rap: :photo: :photo:

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1103472' date='Oct 28 2006, 05:13 PM']
Someone lock me up, because I've been reading about Confirmation, and remembering my own, and now I want to run out to the streets and start preaching.

Which is -not- a good idea if you live in a dorm complex, it's the middle of the night, and your mum is over from her home in another country and steeping in the living room.

I think it's far too easy to forget about your Confirmation... we're not reminded of it as often as we are about our Baptism and First Holy Communion. Yet, it's such a beautiful sacrament! A real "girdle for the road to come".

:blush:

:love:
[/quote]

What have you been reading? I want to be as excited as you about my Confirmation, lol. Not that I'm not excited... just, not like... :yahoo:

:unsure:

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1103964' date='Oct 29 2006, 01:21 PM']
What have you been reading? I want to be as excited as you about my Confirmation, lol. Not that I'm not excited... just, not like... :yahoo:

:unsure:
[/quote]

Hm... How's your Dutch? :)

It was a sermon by my old Bisshop. Maybe I'll translate it, later, when I have time :)

After that I've been a bad girl - browsing Internet shops (my favourite indulgence), and I came over [url="http://catholiccompany.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=7787"]this cross[/url], among many other things (with which I spammed PP).

And when I looked at it it just struck me: "Confirmed in Christ" - that's me! I have chosen for God, He has anointed my head with oil, and my cup is overflowing...

RCIA Class of '06! w00t w00t!!

Some guy tried to steal our Paschal candle right in the middle of the Mass!! We were :blink: and :o and Fr. L was :mellow:, :blink:, all the male parishioners were :ninja: and <_< then :numchucks:. Finally, :busted_red: thanks to our city's lovely police department.

Mmmm, Confirmation memories!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='jmj' post='1104097' date='Oct 29 2006, 02:28 PM']
RCIA Class of '06! w00t w00t!!

Some guy tried to steal our Paschal candle right in the middle of the Mass!! We were :blink: and :o and Fr. L was :mellow:, :blink:, all the male parishioners were :ninja: and <_< then :numchucks:. Finally, :busted_red: thanks to our city's lovely police department.

Mmmm, Confirmation memories!
[/quote]

:lol_pound: Wow....that is a very interesting memory. ;)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1103472' date='Oct 28 2006, 05:13 PM']
[/quote]

Go for it! Seriously, why not? You have the Holy Spirit; he'll give you whatever words you need.

It's been my experience that if you respond to inspirations like this, God will give you more graces than you thought possible. :)

If you think the dorm is a bad place to rant about Confirmation, you should have seen the rant I started last night about the Eucharist at Hooters of all places. ( :ninja: / :blush: It's a long story. Not my first choice establishment...)

Edited by TrueImage

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='MilesChristi' post='1104623' date='Oct 30 2006, 05:09 AM']
Go for it! Seriously, why not? You have the Holy Spirit; he'll give you whatever words you need.

It's been my experience that if you respond to inspirations like this, God will give you more graces than you thought possible. :)
[/quote]

:unsure: I know that nothing will happen without workers in the vineyard... but still... this is Holland, you know?

I am talking to my friends, and stuff. But running out to the streets... I don't know whether I'd dare even with the Holy Spirit sitting on my shoulder!

(Yes, as you can see, the rush left... but there's residue. Lots of that. I'll get there. :) )

• 2 months later...

OH confirmation is such a beatiful sacrament and yes I agree it's not talked about as much and it should be! on April 10th 07 will be my 3rd year anniversary as a catholic, and there's NO greater gift I could have ever recieved!!! :yahoo: I love Holy Mother Church :love:

Alterdominicus: Welcome and Congrats on your upcoming 1st year anniversary, isn't it awesome!! How wonderful that you too felt called to religious life and discerned even before becoming a catholic, it's neat how in a way your future community has helped you grow from the very beginning!

Edited by TeresaAvila