An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocational Maps

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

How many of us love to use Google (cause it works better) Maps and type in their monastery etc...address and find yourself peering down at the roof or depends of your community.

I am on Ann Arbor, and boy does their roof look differernt then the last time I saw- as well as the place its self.

:lol:

VeniteAdoremus

Hahahaha! Brilliant :)

I've only used Google Maps so far to show my classmates where my mum lives (e.g. the middle of nowhere).

But now that you mention it... *zooms in on Nashville*

Google Maps doesnt work for the place I am called to. It's a dozen miles down a dirt road from the highway so it doesn't really have a "street address" :)

Edited by Staretz

[quote name='Staretz' post='1103570' date='Oct 28 2006, 08:44 PM']
Google Maps doesnt work for the place I am called to. It's a dozen miles down a dirt road from the highway so it doesn't really have a "street address" :)
[/quote]

Well, I found the convent that I had been in ... its about 2 miles from the highway.

Wow.

-- Carmen

AlterDominicus

Yeah, its pretty neato. I emailed the Ann Arbor one to myself, its really interesting to see whats been added since construction, and apparently at the time I was looking at it, they really only had like half of their roof or something, now its super duper cool.

HeavenlyCalling

I have done that. I am homeschooled and my mom and I used to look up famous places, you can get really close to the Vatican, and my grandmother's house, but not mine :D:

• 2 months later...

OH cool, I"ve never used google maps! I can see the beautiful Garden and courtyard area, how neat! I gotta share this with the sisters, they'd love it!

Edited by TeresaAvila

The Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters, at Mount Grace Convent in St. Louis Mo :)

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1163919' date='Jan 13 2007, 08:56 PM']
What commuity Theresa?
[/quote]