An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey Everyone, Budge Is Capable Of Judging People's Hearts!

Winchester

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1105248' date='Oct 30 2006, 06:15 PM']
Can you blame her? Most of the topics are you people bashing Budge.
[/quote]
No, most of the topics are Budge bashing the Church with lies and false objections and Catholics demanding proof from her and then her hiding.

Then there are those who want to call her out, but she won't be called out. She refuses to do as any responsible poster would do and respond to valid objections to her attacks.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1105328' date='Oct 30 2006, 04:07 PM']
She refuses to do as any responsible poster would do and respond to valid objections to her attacks.
[/quote]

And you refuse to stop the personal attacks againist this young woman.

So commentary against what one says is a personal attack.

I made no statement about Budge's personal habits, appearance, morality apart from her own words. She claimed to have a special insight and I commented on it.

You need to do a little research.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1105347' date='Oct 30 2006, 07:21 PM']
And you refuse to stop the personal attacks againist this young woman.
[/quote]
Have you reported any personal attacks?

[quote name='Raphael' post='1105396' date='Oct 30 2006, 05:04 PM']
Have you reported any personal attacks?
[/quote]

If I shall, they shall fall on deaf hears.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1105370' date='Oct 30 2006, 04:33 PM']

You need to do a little research.
[/quote]
I have and I've found, you need to get do a little charity

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1105407' date='Oct 30 2006, 08:11 PM']
If I shall, they shall fall on deaf hears.
[/quote]
Then you haven't? So you're judging us before giving it a try? Are you aware that that's prejudice?

I've warned people for being uncharitable to fundamentalists...but you see, there generally has to be something we can edit. Just not being "nice" isn't enough.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1105411' date='Oct 30 2006, 05:13 PM']
Then you haven't? So you're judging us before giving it a try? Are you aware that that's prejudice?

I've warned people for being uncharitable to fundamentalists...but you see, there generally has to be something we can edit. Just not being "nice" isn't enough.
[/quote]

Fine I'd like to report that several people who frequet this debate have behaved in a most uncharitable, un-catholic way towards Budge, and everyone else who disagrees with them.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1105414' date='Oct 30 2006, 08:18 PM']
Fine I'd like to report that several people who frequet this debate have behaved in a most uncharitable, un-catholic way towards Budge, and everyone else who disagrees with them.
[/quote]
You have to hit the report button on such posts. We're not going to go look up every post trying to find what you think is uncharitable.

Remember though, as I said, we can't edit people for not being "nice." People have the right to express themselves, even through satire, so long as it is not to violation of the person. Poking fun at the arguments a person makes is entirely different from poking fun at the person making the arguments. The point is to show that they are silly, not to insult the author. This must be done in a way that does not confuse argument ad argumentum with argument ad hominem.

That said, if you have something to report, make sure you cite exactly what it is that offends you.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1105420' date='Oct 30 2006, 05:22 PM']
You have to hit the report button on such posts. We're not going to go look up every post trying to find what you think is uncharitable.

Remember though, as I said, we can't edit people for not being "nice." People have the right to express themselves, even through satire, so long as it is not to violation of the person. Poking fun at the arguments a person makes is entirely different from poking fun at the person making the arguments. The point is to show that they are silly, not to insult the author.

That said, if you have something to report, make sure you cite exactly what it is that offends you.
[/quote]

Well, when people who aren't Church "Faithful" do that you all jump all over them.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1105423' date='Oct 30 2006, 08:24 PM']
Well, when people who aren't Church "Faithful" do that you all jump all over them.
[/quote]
How would you know who the mods jump all over when such things are privately communicated between the mod and the reporter?

You're making a lot of prejudiced statements.

Any further criticism of moderators or moderation protocol should be made privately to a moderator.

Budge is simply trying to express her feelings, but ya'll won't let her without critizing her every word. There some "Church faithful" whom act like complete jerks on here, yet no action is taken againist them.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1105433' date='Oct 30 2006, 08:31 PM']
Budge is simply trying to express her feelings, but ya'll won't let her without critizing her every word. There some "Church faithful" whom act like complete jerks on here, yet no action is taken againist them.
[/quote]
Funny, some of the Church faithful disagree with the notion that no action is taken against them.

You don't know what other people have for warn levels. Don't assume things.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1105436' date='Oct 30 2006, 05:33 PM']
Funny, some of the Church faithful disagree with the notion that no action is taken against them.

You don't know what other people have for warn levels. Don't assume things.
[/quote]

Why do you take the most action againist Budge when she is simply stating what she considers the Truth?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1105459' date='Oct 30 2006, 08:43 PM']
Why do you take the most action againist Budge when she is simply stating what she considers the Truth?
[/quote]
Action is being taken against falsehoods. That action was lighter at first but had to get heavier and firmer as she refused to practice legitimate forms of debate. Finally, abandoning debate styles usually associated with reason, members have resorted to satire in an attempt to get through to Budge by showing her just how ridiculous her claims really are...like holding up a mirror.

Again, criticisms of moderators must be private.