An Old School Catholic Message Board

When Does A Catholic Become An Ex-catholic?

Katholikos

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1104099' date='Oct 29 2006, 01:32 PM']
My point is: there is no Truth in Protestantism. There is only opinion. I wouldn't risk my eternal life on mere opinion.
[/quote]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1104892' date='Oct 30 2006, 10:20 AM']
The Bible is a TRADITION of MEN, so you can never use it again, and since you reject the Church you are left with nothing.
[/quote]

You two are awesome!!

:popcorn:

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1101818' date='Oct 26 2006, 04:51 PM']
Once you go Vatican, you can't go back again!

- Homer J. Simpson
[/quote]

That's an awesome way of putting it! You the man!

[quote]The Bible is a TRADITION of MEN[/quote]

???

Let me ask you a question, your church claims its authority based on what scripture says right?

So if the Bible is wrong? Doesnt that make your church's claims wrong?

Yes indeed, men did write the Bible. So either by the grace of God man can be infallible, or the Bible possesses errors.

[quote]So either by the grace of God man can be infallible, or the Bible possesses errors.[/quote]

Tell me where a Pope is mentioned in the BIble.

In fact the Bible makes it clear there will be no Pope.

Why dont you believe these words of Jesus?

Luk 22:24 ΒΆ And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 [b]But ye [shall] not [be] so: [/b] but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Wow, you totally missed my point.

The subject is scripture. You can start a papacy thread if you wish, or no doubt you can mine the threads and find one already begun, but all I did was make the point that either men can be infallible by grace of God or they can't. Do try to stick to the subject.

It's funny, though that in Luke, it indicates that there is a Chief, but he should be like those who serve. I reckon "servant of the servants" is meant to be an echo of that. Thus we can see from Luke that being appointed chief is not a position to laud oneself and think of oneself as great, but a position of supreme servitude--you have been charged as the reoresentauve of Christ, who was so humble that He let half-wit centurions execute Him. (borrowed the half-wit centurion thing from someone, but can't remember who.)

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1104099' date='Oct 29 2006, 12:32 PM']
My point is: there is no Truth in Protestantism. There is only opinion. I wouldn't risk my eternal life on mere opinion. [/quote]When it comes to God, it's ALL opinion, nothing else. There are various reasons to hold certain opinions. There may be opinions that some chose to believe as 'Objective Truth'. Even if God Himself materialized in front of us, some would be of the opinion that it's not God, or an angel, or a demon, or a hallucination, or a space alien, or one of many 'gods'. As humans, we do not have any irrefutable 'Truths' other than we die. We have theories, opinions, conjectures, and beliefs. Just because we believe it, doesn't make it True.

When does a Catholic become an ex-Catholic?
To answer that, I'd have to hear your opinion of what is a 'Catholic', then hear your opinion of what is an 'ex-Catholic', and then hear your opinion if a certain person meets the criteria of either.

Edited by Anomaly