An Old School Catholic Message Board

When Does A Catholic Become An Ex-catholic?

Katholikos

[quote]That's because you've made no attempt to read the posts. [b]You act as though there was no good in the various inquisitions.[/b][/quote]

There wasnt.

[quote name='Budge' post='1103690' date='Oct 28 2006, 10:53 PM']
Honestly people who defend the Inquisition creep me out.
[/quote]

You can't talk about "the Inquisition" as one thing. There's a Spanish variety, with a different motivation, direction, and leadership than the Italian variety. And the Italian inquisition is different from the various inquisitorial trials that were held from the 13th century on. Each of these varied in its use of torture, its leniency, and its impact on the people around it. It's a complicated issue that cannot simply be boiled down to "Inquisition BAD!"

No one has really answered the question.

To become an ex-Catholic, you must run widdershins around an empty shot glass while holding the finger bone of Margaret Murray in your left (sinister) hand. You must play Chuck Mangione music very loudly. Once you've been arrested and put in chemical restraints, you are no longer Catholic.

[quote name='Budge' post='1103162' date='Oct 28 2006, 11:28 AM']

I know the majority of the people in the pews were just like I was, not knowing Biblical truths, being led down a foggy maze without the light of God's Word.
[/quote] :biglol: ROTFL Tell me, please, Budge, which of the 33,000+ conflicting and competing Protestant denominations, all of them based on the very same 66-book incomplete version of the Bible, all disagreeing with every other denomination in at least one doctrine and/or practice, and all claiming to teach the "truth" did you fall for? It's obvious from your postings here that you didn't know or understand the Catholic Faith, which made you an easy target.

Talk about a foggy maze! Led by a black-out light! Whose Bible? Which canon? Let me know which Bible is the "true" Word of God.

[url="http://www.gbgm-umc.org/umw/bible/canons.stm"]http://www.gbgm-umc.org/umw/bible/canons.stm[/url]

I read that you're a Baptist? Which of the more than 250 kinds of Baptist are you?

--------------------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

The 33,000 number was long ago disproven.

That was even posted on this board some weeks ago.

[quote]Which of the more than 250 kinds of Baptist are you?[/quote]

Who cares?

Mar 9:38 ¶ And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

[quote name='Budge' post='1104061' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:56 AM']
The 33,000 number was long ago disproven.

That was even posted on this board some weeks ago.
Who cares?

[/quote]That's right. There are waaaaaaaay more than 33,000.

Concomitant with Luther's totaly novel doctrine of Sola Scriptura is the belief that every "sincere" individual who reads the Bible will be led by the Holy Spirit to "all truth."

What was posted on the board? Your denomination? Some weeks ago, I wasn't here. Who cares? You should care, if you believe there is such a thing as objective truth.

The Baptists, who began in Amsterdam in 1607, have splintered into more than 250 denominations, all teaching different doctrines, all based on the same abbreviated Bible, all of them claiming to teach the "truth." If you count the "Independent Baptists" there is an incalculable number.

My point is: there is no Truth in Protestantism. There is only opinion. I wouldn't risk my eternal life on mere opinion.

----------------------------------------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

[quote] My point is: there is no Truth in Protestantism. There is only opinion. I wouldn't risk my eternal life on mere opinion. [/quote]

Thank you for your OPINION that protestanism is OPINION.

Shall we mark you down as speaking in circles?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1104621' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:05 PM']

[/quote]

Its certainly a group of derivative denominations, chopped off from the roots of the Church. It has no history going back more than a few centuries except to various heretical figures, and has no authority except personal opinion to alter Scriptures or make judgements of truth. Those people still caught up in it, are entitled to prayers and truth.
Those are facts.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1104621' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:05 PM']

Shall we mark you down as speaking in circles?
[/quote]Every Protestant denomination is based on its human founder's (or founders') personal interpretation(s) of the same truncated Bible, and every Protestant denomination differs from every other Protestant denomination in one or more doctrines and/or practices, yet they all claim to teach the "truth." They are all man-made, beginning in the 16th century or later. That's fact. :wacko:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Budge' post='1103162' date='Oct 28 2006, 11:28 AM']
You didnt answer my question.
[/quote]

:bigshock: :lol_above: :lol_pound:

Good one Budge!

cmotherofpirl

Budge we have been asking you a question for weeks now, put your name in the thread title, and pinned it and you STILL won't answer it.

[quote]Every Protestant denomination is based on its human founder's (or founders') personal interpretation(s) of the same truncated Bible, and every Protestant denomination differs from every other Protestant denomination in one or more doctrines and/or practices, yet they all claim to teach the "truth." They are all man-made, beginning in the 16th century or later. That's fact. [/quote]

Actually any church that elevates man over God or His Word do enter into error. This has happened in SOME Prot churches and definitely has happened in the Catholic Church.

Traditions of men taking precedent over the commandments of God.

Mar 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1104890' date='Oct 30 2006, 10:19 AM']
Actually any church that elevates man over God or His Word do enter into error. This has happened in SOME Prot churches and definitely has happened in the Catholic Church.

Traditions of men taking precedent over the commandments of God.
Mar 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
[/quote]
The Bible is a TRADITION of MEN, so you can never use it again, and since you reject the Church you are left with nothing.