An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Love God's Word

Budge

[quote]So then tell me WHY O WHY you insist on using a translation/version of the Bible that is missing 7 books? [/quote]

Missing?

Let me see here, I have the original 1611 version online, right here, inside my computer....yeah, your extra books are there. And I have them in two other printed versions.

If YOURS are missing, I can make copies and email them to anyone here that needs them, let me know, OK?

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1096099' date='Oct 19 2006, 04:51 PM']
Missing?

Let me see here, I have the original 1611 version online, right here, inside my computer....yeah, your extra books are there. And I have them in two other printed versions.

If YOURS are missing, I can make copies and email them to anyone here that needs them, let me know, OK?
[/quote]

'original 1611 version' ?? um..nope. sorry. uhuh. 1611 is NOT the original anything. The Bible was written a few years before that. The canon was established and accepted LONG before 1611. ML(noK)

Funny you call them extra. Accepted by the Church for over a thousand years, then rejected by a schismatic cause he thinks he knows more than the Magesterium...RIIIIIIGHT. Even his contemporaries scorned him, or did oyu forget he also wante dto toss some of the New Testament. Or, do you think James, 2/3 John, and Revelation are 'extra' books too??

When one studies the Bible long enough they will realize the Bible interlocks together, ie there are endless foreshadows of what is to come later in the BIble, Revelation is tied to Genesis. I knew very early on something didnt read right about the Apocrypha, it didnt fit.