An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Love God's Word

Budge

After I was saved, I know I have grown in my love of God's Word. It is what I guide my life by. There are such amazing things in the Bible to learn, and the deeper you study Gods Word, the more wonderful things there are to learn about God. Gods Word brings you closer into relationship with Him and enhances your prayer life.

I LOVE GOD's WORD!

This verse sums things up for me. I know personally the power of God's Word, and much more.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.[b]

[mod]The rules about changing text sizes have been made known. Please abide by them as etiquette demands. -Raphael[/mod]

Edited by Raphael

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, [b]It is written[/b], Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

It is written.

Go to a Bible search engine and google how many times the phrase "it is written" occurs in the BIble..

[mod]The rules about changing text sizes have been made known. Please abide by them as etiquette demands. -Raphael[/mod]

Edited by Raphael

[quote] It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone[/quote]

Are you talking about consecrated, or pre-consecrated?

And do you mean, "live" as in here and now "or live" as in the hearafter?

[quote name='Budge' post='1095793' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:17 AM']
Are you a born again child of God or not?
[/quote]I don't know what you mean by that, Budge. Are you saying that to be "saved" you have to be identified as "a born again child of God"?

[quote]I don't know what you mean by that, Budge. Are you saying that to be "saved" you have to be identified as "a born again child of God"? [/quote]

Nah, Jesus was pulling "Nick at Night's" chain that evening....

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1095793' date='Oct 19 2006, 01:17 PM']
Are you a born again child of God or not?
[/quote]
Of course, if we are baptised catholics. :)

[quote]Are you talking about consecrated, or pre-consecrated?

And do you mean, "live" as in here and now "or live" as in the hearafter?[/quote]

It sounds to me that you seem to analyze way to much. Christ mentioned: " they strained out a gnat, yet swallow a camel". Grasping for straws can somtimes be detrimental to our faith.

Edited by GloriaIesusChristi

[quote] It sounds to me that you seem to analyze way to much. Christ mentioned: " they strained out a gnat, yet swallow a camel". Grasping for straws can somtimes be detrimental to our faith.[/quote]

Indeed.

And THANK you for noticing the point I was trying to make, without coming out and saying it.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1095806' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:24 AM']
Nah, Jesus was pulling "Nick at Night's" chain that evening....
[/quote]
Thank you for being rude.

I was trying to politely engage Budge in a dicussion.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Budge' post='1095791' date='Oct 19 2006, 12:16 PM']
Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, [b]It is written[/b], Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

[/quote]

So then tell me WHY O WHY you insist on using a translation/version of the Bible that is missing 7 books? By your own hand you typed EVERY WORD, yet you leave out a whole lot of them...makes no sense to me

YES!!! I LOVE God's Word - ALL of it, not just the parts that some german monk decided he liked.

YES! I am a born again Child of God and have been since I was baptized at the age of 4 mos.

YES! I love you Budge - you are my sister in Christ! How could I not?

Thy Geekdom Come

Yes, I love Jesus Christ, the eternal Word of the Father.

As Matthew says, we do not live by bread, but by the Word of God, which is why the Eucharist is not bread, but Jesus Christ, the eternal Word of God, by whom we have life. If the prophets of old had the scrolls of God's word placed in their mouths, how much more should we consume the Word of God made flesh.