An Old School Catholic Message Board

Biblical Belief Quiz

Eutychus

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1096158' date='Oct 19 2006, 04:55 PM']
Idolatry?

Of a book?

You mean WORSHIPPING the actual book ITSELF? Parading it around, holding it high, incensing it, and bowing to it?

Is THAT what you are asking?

You mean like this?

[img]http://www.vocations.org/liturgicalinstitute/student%20life/liturgy%20summer%202005/entrance%20procession%202.jpg[/img]

No, I have never seen an evangelical pastor enter into a church in this manner.

I trust that answers your question to me.
[/quote]
Oh yeah, that's right! You better watch out them Roamin' Cath-licks, giving such undue importance to God's Word, the Holy Bible, as they do! :ohno:

[quote name='Budge' post='1096187' date='Oct 19 2006, 05:23 PM']
I am happy to be in a church that does not do processions.

I think processions and making a formality of entering the church and exiting it are based in human pride. That is a definitely a man-made tradition and I speak to all the Prot churches that do it as well.

Why are those processions even necessary?

I trust a pastor with an old beat-up falling apart Bible more then I do one with a gold-encrusted, keep it away from the kiddies because its too valuable to even touch type.
[/quote]
So perhaps you can show us where exactly in the Bible processions are condemned?

Or is what "Budge thinks" more important?

Y'all might want to read your Bible and study up on all the pomp and ceremony surrounding the Ark of the Covenant, which contained [b]God's Word [/b] in the the broken tablets!

[quote] Oh yeah, that's right! You better watch out them Roamin' Cath-licks, giving such undue importance to God's Word, the Holy Bible, as they do![/quote]

Oh well, YOU adore it, hold it high, blow smoke over it....and cover it with silver and gold.

My dogeared old bible with scribbles and torn pages and smudge marks must just be my disregard for the WORD contained therein I suppose.

Next bible, I will just walk around holding it in front of me, and keep it PRETTY and nice.

[img]http://www.chnonline.org/2005-03-17/bruno24.jpg[/img]

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41034000/jpg/_41034217_ratzinger_gi203b.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Budge' post='1096246' date='Oct 19 2006, 06:10 PM']
You know on my board, we discovered that your church during the Mass, actually edits out individual sentences out of scripture...anything that may get you folks thinking about salvation by faith, is snipped right out.
[/quote]
Wow! I wonder what other amazing and unbelievable "discoveries" might be made on Budge's board!

Remember, if you want to know what goes on at a Catholic mass, [b]don't[/b], I repeat, [b]DON'T[/b] go to your local Catholic church on Sunday morning!
Instead, get the [i]real[/i] truth on the ultimate source of all authority on all things Catholic - [b]Budge's Anti-Catholic Website[/b]!

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1096388' date='Oct 19 2006, 08:52 PM']
Oh well, YOU adore it, hold it high, blow smoke over it....and cover it with silver and gold.

My dogeared old bible with scribbles and torn pages and smudge marks must just be my disregard for the WORD contained therein I suppose.

Next bible, I will just walk around holding it in front of me, and keep it PRETTY and nice.

[img]http://www.chnonline.org/2005-03-17/bruno24.jpg[/img]

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41034000/jpg/_41034217_ratzinger_gi203b.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
As a "Bible Christian," you might do well to read Exodus 25 and 37, as well as 1 Kings 6-8 (concerning the Ark of the Covenenant).
Quite a bit of gold, decoration, pomp and ceremony there!
What was in the Ark? God's Word - in the tablets containing the Commadnments and the Covenant.

[quote] As a "Bible [mod][[b]CHRISTIAN[/b]-Raphael][/mod] you might do well to read Exodus 25 and 37, as well as 1 Kings 6-8 (concerning the Ark of the Covenenant).[/quote]

As a [mod][[b]CHRISTIAN[/b]-Raphael][/mod] { not an Israelite Jew } I would do BETTER to observe what they did in the book of ACTS.

[mod]To all whom it may concern: dUSt and the moderators have asked consistently and politely that you do not use font size increases to make your point. Please abide by this rule. It is not polite in debates because it becomes harder to read when there are more than one font size in the post. God bless. -Raphael[/mod]

Ok i picked one day at random....

lets see what was left out, I can find something almost for every day..

This is right from USCCB website, tommorows mass readings.

September 22, 2006

Friday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time

Psalm: Friday 39

Reading 1
1 Cor 15:12-20

Brothers and sisters:
If Christ is preached as raised from the dead,
how can some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead?
If there is no resurrection of the dead,
then neither has Christ been raised.
And if Christ has not been raised, then empty too is our preaching;
empty, too, your faith.
Then we are also false witnesses to God,
because we testified against God that he raised Christ,
whom he did not raise if in fact the dead are not raised.
For if the dead are not raised, neither has Christ been raised,
and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain;
you are still in your sins.
Then those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
If for this life only we have hoped in Christ,
we are the most pitiable people of all.

But now Christ has been raised from the dead,
the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

[color="#FF0000"]Responsorial Psalm
Ps 17:1bcd, 6-7, 8b and 15[/color]
R. (15b) Lord, when your glory appears, my joy will be full.
Hear, O LORD, a just suit;
attend to my outcry;
hearken to my prayer from lips without deceit.
R. Lord, when your glory appears, my joy will be full.
I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God;
incline your ear to me; hear my word.
Show your wondrous mercies,
O savior of those who flee
from their foes to refuge at your right hand.
Hide me in the shadow of your wings,
But I in justice shall behold your face;
on waking, I shall be content in your presence.

{OK WHY DID THEY SNIP INDIVIDUAL SENTENCES OUT...LETS LOOK}

go here to see verse in entirety....

7 is missing...

[u] Show your wonderful love, you who deliver with your right arm those who seek refuge from their foes.[/u]

9-14 got the chop...how come?
[u]9
from the violence of the wicked.
3 My ravenous enemies press upon me; they close their hearts, they fill their mouths with proud roaring.
Their steps even now encircle me; they watch closely, keeping low to the ground,
Like lions eager for prey, like young lions lurking in ambush.
Rise, O LORD, confront and cast them down; rescue me so from the wicked.
Slay them with your sword; with your hand, LORD, slay them; snatch them from the world in their prime. Their bellies are being filled with your friends; their children are satisfied too, for they share what is left with their young.[/u]

Gospel
Lk 8:1-3

Jesus journeyed from one town and village to another,
preaching and proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Accompanying him were the Twelve
and some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities,
Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,
Joanna, the wife of Herod’s steward Chuza,
Susanna, and many others
who provided for them out of their resources.

One thing Ive noticed is on these Mass readings WARNINGS ABOUT EVIL, and GOD as the MAIN DELIVERER ALWAYS SEEM TO GET THE CHOPPING BLOCK>

Pick any day, on most you can find something that has been chopped, I have done this to about 20 different days, and always found something.

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1096396' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:12 PM']
As a [mod][[b]CHRISTIAN[/b]-Raphael][/mod] { not an Israelite Jew } I would do BETTER to observe what they did in the book of ACTS.
[/quote]Is that where the Apostles scribbled, smudged, and tore Holy Scriptures?

Going through the Calendar..

Sept 23...

Look what gets left out here.

[url="http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/092306.shtml"]http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/092306.shtml[/url]

[quote]Reading 1
[color="#FF0000"]1 Cor 15:35-37, 42-49[/color]

Brothers and sisters:
Someone may say, “How are the dead raised?
With what kind of body will they come back?”

You fool!
What you sow is not brought to life unless it dies.
And what you sow is not the body that is to be
but a bare kernel of wheat, perhaps, or of some other kind.

So also is the resurrection of the dead.
It is sown corruptible; it is raised incorruptible.
It is sown dishonorable; it is raised glorious.
It is sown weak; it is raised powerful.
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual one.

So, too, it is written,
“The first man, Adam, became a living being,”
the last Adam a life-giving spirit.
But the spiritual was not first;
rather the natural and then the spiritual.
The first man was from the earth, earthly;
the second man, from heaven.
As was the earthly one, so also are the earthly,
and as is the heavenly one, so also are the heavenly.
Just as we have borne the image of the earthly one,
we shall also bear the image of the heavenly one.[/quote]

[b]So why did 37-42 GET THE CHOPPING BLOCK?[/b]

[b]37
And what you sow is not the body that is to be but a bare kernel of wheat, perhaps, or of some other kind;
but God gives it a body as he chooses, and to each of the seeds its own body.
19 Not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for human beings, another kind of flesh for animals, another kind of flesh for birds, and another for fish.[/b]

[u]Hmm that IS EASY TO FIGURE OUT...

ONE KIND OF FLESH FOR HUMAN BEINGS, ANOTHER KIND OF FLESH FOR WHEAT...[/u]

I can go through the entire month from Sept 22 to Oct and show you all endless deletions.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Budge' post='1096403' date='Oct 19 2006, 10:22 PM']
Going through the Calendar..

Sept 23...

[url="http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/092306.shtml"]http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/092306.shtml[/url]

[b]37
And what you sow is not the body that is to be but a bare kernel of wheat, perhaps, or of some other kind;
but God gives it a body as he chooses, and to each of the seeds its own body.
19 Not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for human beings, another kind of flesh for animals, another kind of flesh for birds, and another for fish.[/b]

I can go through the entire month from Sept 22 to Oct and show you all endless deletions.
[/quote]

All hail Pope Budge, Queen of all strawmen!

Why Budgie, the reason for the deletions is cause us Catholics hate wheat, seeds, and fish. God wants us to eat sausage, hot dogs, hamburgers, and beer only!

Anyway...instead of delusional ranting, how about some rational thought. Here are some possible reasons I can think of since I, like you, did not try to ask the Vatican or the USCCB why specific verses are CHOSEN:

1. space considerations...nah prolly not
2. the Responsorial Plasm is sung, as you would know if you had ever been to a Catholic Mass (your feigned ignorance really brings your self-professed former Catholicism into doubt at times like these). Choosing verses to omit from the song may make the flow and meter fit better....nah prolly not either
3. the Church IS hiding stuff from us and holds stock in Liquid Paper. we must all rush home after Mass and white-out all those evil subversive verses! Gonna make a bundle off me - I have 3 Bibles to redact every week. yeah..that's the ticket

Do some homework...at least TRY to find out the real reasons we do things before going off half-cocked about conspiracy theories. Really, it would make you appear more intelligent if you did.

[quote name='Budge' post='1096397' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:14 PM']
Ok i picked one day at random....

[color="#FF0000"]Responsorial Psalm
Ps 17:1bcd, 6-7, 8b and 15[/color]

{OK WHY DID THEY SNIP INDIVIDUAL SENTENCES OUT...LETS LOOK}

go here to see verse in entirety....

7 is missing...[/quote]Actually, verse 7 isn't missing.

[quote name='Budge' post='1096397' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:14 PM']9-14 got the chop...how come?
[u]9 from the violence of the wicked.
10 3 My ravenous enemies press upon me; they close their hearts, they fill their mouths with proud roaring.
11 Their steps even now encircle me; they watch closely, keeping low to the ground,
12 Like lions eager for prey, like young lions lurking in ambush.
13 Rise, O LORD, confront and cast them down; rescue me so from the wicked.
14 Slay them with your sword; with your hand, LORD, slay them; snatch them from the world in their prime. Their bellies are being filled with your friends; their children are satisfied too, for they share what is left with their young.[/u][/quote]Well, the Psalms are seldom complete for a single day. Some of the longer ones have to be broken up into multiple days. You forgot to mention the omission of verse 8a: "Keep me as the apple of your eye." Is there a conspiracy for that omission, too?

I guess I'm not following you in your search for an ulterior motive.

[quote name='Budge' post='1096397' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:14 PM']
Gospel Lk 8:1-3

Jesus journeyed from one town and village to another,
preaching and proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Accompanying him were the Twelve
and some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities,
Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,
Joanna, the wife of Herod’s steward Chuza,
Susanna, and many others
who provided for them out of their resources.

One thing Ive noticed is on these Mass readings WARNINGS ABOUT EVIL, and GOD as the MAIN DELIVERER ALWAYS SEEM TO GET THE CHOPPING BLOCK>[/quote]
Let's break down what you "notice":
1) [b]Warnings about evil.[/b]..the Gospel was about various evil spirits and evil spirits.
2) [b]God as the Main Deliverer[/b]...in your example, the first reading is all about the hope we should have in Christ's Resurrection. It ends with, "But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep." If you were correct, I think that the entire quote from the First Letter to the Corinthians should "get the chopping block."

[quote name='Budge' post='1096397' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:14 PM']Pick any day, on most you can find something that has been chopped, I have done this to about 20 different days, and always found something.[/quote]Honestly, you picked a poor day to prove your point.

So besides "warnings about evil" and "God as the main deliverer," do you have any other secret insights into the motives behind the liturgical reading selection?

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1096426' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:51 PM']Gonna make a bundle off me - I have 3 Bibles to redact every week. yeah..that's the ticket[/quote]My secret Jesuit Bible-editing coordinator only assigned 2 Bibles for me to edit each week. You must be good!

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1095801' date='Oct 19 2006, 12:20 PM']
OK, watch how you answer questions simply and to the point.
Creation of God.
Pantone #238
Any bible you recognize as valid.

There, simple, clean, direct.
[/quote]

OOpsie. Forgot to go back and answer you as promised..

Herewith and henceforth never let it be known that Groo is of the non-responsive ilk of Pope Budgie and Pope Euty...my answers follow forthwith...

1. yes
2. yes
3. any bible 'I' recognize as valid? ooh boy, you left the barn door open for me there

I do not recognize any Protestant Bible as fully valid because of the omissions contained therein, therefore a Protestant bible is not without error. A Catholic (that would be complete) bible is without error insofar as it contains the inerrant Word of God as written in the words of Man. God's message is without error, but it lies fully in the realms of Man to commit errors in spelling, punctuation, verse order, capitalization, translation, as well as literal history, scientific fact, etc etc. Also, while the Computer Technician Bible is valid, it does indeed contain errors, at least as of the 4th Edition that I currently own :lol_roll:

[quote name='Budge' post='1096403' date='Oct 19 2006, 11:22 PM']Going through the Calendar..

Sept 23...

[b]37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be but a bare kernel of wheat, perhaps, or of some other kind;
38 but God gives it a body as he chooses, and to each of the seeds its own body.
39 19 Not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for human beings, another kind of flesh for animals, another kind of flesh for birds, and another for fish.[/b]

I can go through the entire month from Sept 22 to Oct and show you all endless deletions.[/quote]Just shaking my head in amazement...another kind of flesh for wheat? What translation are you reading?

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1095665' date='Oct 19 2006, 09:14 AM']
ONE - "Is satan a real entity?"
[/quote]

Yes.

TWO - "Was Christ sinless?"
[/quote]

Yes.

THREE - "Is the bible totally accurate?"
[/quote]

In matters of faith and morals, yes. In matters of science [i]by modern day scientific knowledge[/i], no.

MissScripture

[quote name='Budge' post='1096246' date='Oct 19 2006, 07:10 PM']
[code]We do to Church to hear the Word of God, not read it.[/code]

You know on my board, we discovered that your church during the Mass, actually edits out individual sentences out of scripture...anything that may get you folks thinking about salvation by faith, is snipped right out. I have a dozen threads on this but know I cant link to any. Why is one sentence in the middle of a paragraph EDITED out?

See having that Bible with you keeps that pastor and I include that of all churches a LOT MORE HONEST.

I think there is a reason for the Catholic custom of NOT taking a Bible to church.
[/quote]

Why does your BIBLE (not just the readings at your services) have entire BOOKS edited out? And there are parts of other books edited out, too. Why is that?

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1096388' date='Oct 19 2006, 10:52 PM']

[/quote]

I am getting sick and tired of you coming and insulting everyone here. Your patronizing attitiude is wearing thin. Would you kindly reform your attitude or refrain from comment. You are coarsening the board. Thank you.