An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Pagan Worship Of Mary?

jswranch

[quote name='Budge' post='1092148' date='Oct 15 2006, 02:40 PM']
What about the Incarnation?

Dwelled in Mary? 9 months compared to 33 years?
[/quote]

How long were the contents in the Ark? Much longer than 33 years, methinks.....what's your point?

well if we are discussing where Jesus dwelled...

I think the time on earth in the Incarnation as fully God and man...definitely was more important then the time he was in Mary's womb. What do we know of the time in Mary's womb? I dont remember my time in my mothers womb. All of us just kind of sit there and grow in the embyonic fluid.....

[quote name='Budge' post='1092162' date='Oct 15 2006, 02:51 PM']

I think the time on earth in the Incarnation as fully God and man...definitely was more important then the time he was in Mary's womb. What do we know of the time in Mary's womb? I dont remember my time in my mothers womb. All of us just kind of sit there and grow in the embyonic fluid.....
[/quote]

And we don't have a Divine Nature. Christ did and his human nature, at all times, was illumined by his Divine Nature. So, the time He spent was very important.

Let's not be Arian.....unless you like ascribing to that heresy, then by all means.....

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1092162' date='Oct 15 2006, 04:51 PM']

I think the time on earth in the Incarnation as fully God and man...definitely was more important then the time he was in Mary's womb.
[/quote]
Well, the time He was in Mary's womb was a part of the time He was fully God and fully man. Therefore, it is of the highest importance. It means that God not only became man, but became a zygote, an embryo, a fetus, a baby, an infant, a toddler, a child, a pre-teen, a teen, a 20-something, etc. It means that all these are important. I would say it's important...but more important? No...it's all one thing: the Incarnation.

[quote]What do we know of the time in Mary's womb? I dont remember my time in my mothers womb. All of us just kind of sit there and grow in the embyonic fluid.....[/quote]

No, we all developed. We grew and learned. The Bible seems to make a big deal out of Jesus development. It doesn't just talk about Him as an adult, but as an infant and as a young man in the Temple, who grew in wisdom and fear of the Lord.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Cam42' post='1092172' date='Oct 15 2006, 04:57 PM']
Raphael is right....nice post....you support me and I'll support you.

When are you coming through Des Moines?
[/quote]
Maybe on my way to Omaha for Christmas break.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1092175' date='Oct 15 2006, 02:59 PM']
Maybe on my way to Omaha for Christmas break.
[/quote]

Right on....let me know and I will try to get hot stuff to be in Des Moines at the same time and we'll go to Hooters together......Jennie too....

It will be fun.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Cam42' post='1092189' date='Oct 15 2006, 05:14 PM']
Right on....let me know and I will try to get hot stuff to be in Des Moines at the same time and we'll go to Hooters together......Jennie too....

It will be fun.
[/quote]
Jen will only be with me when I come for Spring break.

...and I won't set foot in a Hooters...

"Though bodies develop and unfold their component parts with the passing of the years, they always remain what they were. There is a great difference between the flower of childhood and the maturity of age, but those who become old are the very same people who were once young. Though the condition and appearance of one and the same individual may change, it is one and the same nature, one and the same person. The tiny members of unweaned children and the grown members of young men are still the same members. Men have the same number of limbs as children. Whatever develops at a later age was already present in seminal form; there is nothing new in old age that was not already latent in childhood."

---St. Vincent of Lerins (c.450AD)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='MilesChristi' post='1092218' date='Oct 15 2006, 06:01 PM']
"Though bodies develop and unfold their component parts with the passing of the years, they always remain what they were. There is a great difference between the flower of childhood and the maturity of age, but those who become old are the very same people who were once young. Though the condition and appearance of one and the same individual may change, it is one and the same nature, one and the same person. The tiny members of unweaned children and the grown members of young men are still the same members. Men have the same number of limbs as children. Whatever develops at a later age was already present in seminal form; there is nothing new in old age that was not already latent in childhood."

---St. Vincent of Lerins (c.450AD)
[/quote]
A very good and often unnoticed saint.

[quote name='Budge' post='1092162' date='Oct 15 2006, 01:51 PM']

I think the time on earth in the Incarnation as fully God and man...definitely was more important then the time he was in Mary's womb. [b]What do we know of the time in Mary's womb?[/b] I dont remember my time in my mothers womb. All of us just kind of sit there and grow in the embyonic fluid.....
[/quote]

What do we know of His childhood. Aside from one solitary passage in the Bible that was more about his young-adult hood, than his childhood, absolutly nothing, nada, nil, zilch.

What's your point?

[quote name='Raphael' post='1092204' date='Oct 15 2006, 03:44 PM']
Jen will only be with me when I come for Spring break.

...and I won't set foot in a Hooters...
[/quote]

Oh, sorry to hear that....

Why won't you go to Hooters? We go for the wings.....

I suppose we can go to BW3s, but the wings are not nearly as fun or good...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='jswranch' post='1092015' date='Oct 15 2006, 06:19 AM']
:D: Ohh! So then veneration of Mary is just like worshiping God before Ark of the New Covenant??? :lol_roll:

(atleast someone would have patted me on the back for finding pics that match each other)
[/quote]
Where's the pat on the back smiley? Nice job.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1092019' date='Oct 15 2006, 08:12 AM']
Also, how hard is it to see that Mary is the Ark of the new covenant? The Ark of the old covenant held the word. The What exactly held the word in the new covenant? Its obvious. Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant. Nice pic comparison..
[/quote]

And... it contained the Manna-- the Bread of Life... And Aaron's staff. :)

[quote name='Cam42' post='1092189' date='Oct 15 2006, 04:14 PM']

It will be fun.
[/quote]
Oh, yeah... loads of fun. Jennie would love it. :detective:

[quote name='Cam42' post='1092386' date='Oct 15 2006, 07:10 PM']
Oh, sorry to hear that....

Why won't you go to Hooters? We go for the wings.....

I suppose we can go to BW3s, but the wings are not nearly as fun or good...
[/quote]
Oh, they're way better than Hooters'.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1092435' date='Oct 15 2006, 07:20 PM']

Oh, they're way better than Hooters'.
[/quote]

Anathema sit!!!!!