An Old School Catholic Message Board

Budge's Icon Pagan? Part Ii

jswranch

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Budge' post='1092166' date='Oct 15 2006, 03:54 PM']
Graven images concerns images used for worship.

Im not bowing down to that image of Moses am I?
[/quote]
I don't see that disclaimer in the first commandment (known to you by the protestant inventions as the second commandment), One way or another budge either you can make them or not. Catholic do not worship statues, so it falls into the same category as your avatar.

Give me the Jewish list...

;)

I havent seen it yet.

Actually would Talmudic Judisam have the same list as Judaism before the days of Christ?

[quote]
Yep, protestants think that a man owns his wife.[/quote]

Where do you get that?

Just because the Bible teaches that a wife is to submit to husband doesnt mean he owns her.

bowing like Japanese...not always...

getting on your knees and praying...[to the statue or whoever it represents] YES...

"Hail Holy Queen" is worship....

Edited by Budge

KnightofChrist

And having a avatar that promotes gutting the 10 commandments of God the Father is blasphemy.

Catholics are not gutting the 10 commandments Mother Church has always taught them all, every 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 of them. The only one here promoting gutting the 10 commandments is yourself with your avatar of blasphemy.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1093086' date='Oct 16 2006, 03:24 PM']

getting on your knees and praying...[to the statue or whoever it represents] YES...

[/quote]
If an angel, who is by nature higher than a human, can salute her, why shouldn't we? I fail to see how that's adoration.

[quote name='Budge' post='1093086' date='Oct 16 2006, 02:24 PM']

[/quote]

Well first of all we don't pray TO statues. They are only reminders.

So worship is an equation rather than a state of the heart and mind?

Bow before Japenese = not worship
Bow before statue = worship as in it's imposible to have the same state of heart and mind before a statue vs. before a man?

Budge your just dead wrong on this. As long as that statue is not considered a god and the person that it represents is not considered a god it cannot be worship. Even with the words hail holy queen.

Budge I am quite certain you would have damned to hell the Jewish elders and Joshua in Josh 7 for prostrating themselves before the ark of the covenant. That simply shows how poor you are at judging hearts. God granted them victory the following day.

Edited by thessalonian