An Old School Catholic Message Board

Still Not Catholic!

mulls

[quote name='Budge' post='1092125' date='Oct 15 2006, 04:08 PM']
:cool:

stop by and visit us sometime on my board:)
[/quote]

i lurk around, i actually did post today

[quote name='Raphael' post='1092259' date='Oct 15 2006, 06:26 PM']
Yep.
[/quote]

i try. you know, that God = love thing.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1092262' date='Oct 15 2006, 06:27 PM']
hey Mulls you have been greatly missed around here
let the games begin :D:
[/quote]

haha thank you cmom.

let the games begin indeed......

[quote]But doesn't the bible tell us you were born again when you were baptized? [/quote]

hmm i'm not quite aware of that. care to help me out?

I haven't memorized the entire bible and verses but I do know that the Catholic Catechism teaches that when a person is baptized, the soul is reborn into the church of Christ, born as an adopted child of God. Anyone else know exactly where it says that?

[quote name='mulls' post='1092282' date='Oct 15 2006, 04:41 PM']
haha thank you cmom.

let the games begin indeed......

[/quote]
Dude!
Stick with it. I'm ex-catholic now, (formally known as jasJis). The born again thing is the theological understanding of spiritual rebirth via the graces of batptism.
Glad to see you back.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1092291' date='Oct 15 2006, 06:46 PM']
Dude!
Stick with it. I'm ex-catholic now, (formally known as jasJis). The born again thing is the theological understanding of spiritual rebirth via the graces of batptism.
Glad to see you back.
[/quote]

wow, jasJis......i want to hear this story...

ha i fogot noncatholics can't PM people. mind sharing your story right here?

Edited by mulls

[quote name='mulls' post='1092625' date='Oct 15 2006, 08:47 PM']
wow, jasJis......i want to hear this story...
ha i fogot noncatholics can't PM people. mind sharing your story right here?
[/quote]
I'll leave jasJis/Anomaly to tell his story, but I just thought I'd let you know he didn't convert to Evangelical Christianity or anything. He doesn't seem to really strongly believe in anything now.

[quote name='mulls' post='1092282' date='Oct 15 2006, 06:41 PM']
[/quote]
sure thing ;)

i don't have time to go into it myself (i need to be somewhere in 5 min), so these articles will have to do:
--[url="http://www.phatmass.com/directory/index.php/cat/532"][b]Born Again in Baptism[/b][/url]

good to see u back bro. respectful and intelligent protestants have been few and far between since you left.

pax christi,
phatcatholic

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1092291' date='Oct 15 2006, 06:46 PM']
Dude!
Glad to see you back.
[/quote]
you will always be jasJis to me :)

[quote name='Socrates' post='1092635' date='Oct 15 2006, 08:58 PM']
I'll leave jasJis/Anomaly to tell his story, but I just thought I'd let you know he didn't convert to Evangelical Christianity or anything. He doesn't seem to really strongly believe in anything now.
[/quote]Oops. Missed the mark. I strongly believe is some things, strongly dis-believe in others. But yeah, I'm not converted to some other denomination (as defined by Webster or Wikpedia).

Wallace rocks, even though the US movie stunk.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1092838' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:18 AM']
Oops. Missed the mark. I strongly believe is some things, strongly dis-believe in others. But yeah, I'm not converted to some other denomination (as defined by Webster or Wikpedia).

Wallace rocks, even though the US movie stunk.
[/quote]
My bad. Though it might help if somewhere you clarified what you [b]do[/b] strongly believe in. It seems nowadays you mostly move back and forth from criticizing Catholicism to criticizing protestants, without ever clearly affirming and defining your own beliefs.

(Just thought I'd add, btw, that in matters not directly related to your religious apostacy, I think I often tend to agree with you more than almost any other phatmasser on this board.)

[quote name='Socrates' post='1093528' date='Oct 16 2006, 09:27 PM']
My bad. Though it might help if somewhere you clarified what you [b]do[/b] strongly believe in. It seems nowadays you mostly move back and forth from criticizing Catholicism to criticizing protestants, without ever clearly affirming and defining your own beliefs.

(Just thought I'd add, btw, that in matters not directly related to your religious apostacy, I think I often tend to agree with you more than almost any other phatmasser on this board.)
[/quote]I'm an equal opportunity offender. I criticize what I disagree with. I believe in fundamental Catholic theology which is why I criticize prottys. I abhor most 'catholic philosphy, practice, and culture' that contradicts Catholic theology and very often, basic morals. I especially detest the default defense of those contradictory actions in any denomination. If I had a dollar for everytime I was told, or saw someone else told they weren't a good catholic because they hold hands, or don't kneel, or don't wear a scapular, or won't accept effeminate priests, or this or that, I'd buy Bill Gates' house. Since I have many friends that are non-Catholic, I see the same thing within their various denominations.
Religion is a result of having a relationship with God, and is not the summit of that relationship or the goal of that relationship. A relationship with God is not just the result of academic thought, or the result of the most forcefull 'witnessing'.
But anyways...
A Close Shave is much better than the Wrong Trousers. It's even more funny if you talk to someone with a Yorkie accent discuss it and you get a bit more insight into the word play. There really is a Wensleydale, and they do make coagulated milk there.