An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Home From Olam

Totus Tuus

JMJ + FC

Hi Everyone,

Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever!

I came home from Our Lady of the Angels Monastery on September 21st. The Community there did not feel that I fit in with the extern sisters, and feels I may be called to the cloister in another PCPA monastery (as the one at OLAM is filled to capacity), or even to another Order altogether. I am at peace with the decision, even though I did not expect it, nor did I desire to leave. My postulancy in Hanceville was wonderful and everyday there was a joy for me. I know that is where the good Lord wanted me for that period in my life, and I do not regret it or feel like I wasted my time. He writes straight with crooked lines, and always opens a window if He closes a door. So although I don’t know where He’s taking me right now on this path of my vocation, I am content just to follow.

I wanted to ask for your prayers as I hope –if God wills it- to transfer to the PCPA monastery in Portsmouth, Ohio (St. Joseph Adoration Monastery, which will soon transfer to a new, larger monastery on more land). For now I am living with my family in Texas, trying my best to live a good horarium at home.

You can contact me at omniaprojesu@yahoo.com if you like. I have been lurking but I don’t think I will begin posting again on Phatmass (we’ll see, though). Know that you are all in my daily thoughts and prayers. God bless, Mary keep, and St. Joseph guard you!

In His Eucharistic Presence,
Lauren.

P.S.: Thank you to all who wrote to me and prayed for me after I entered. I know your prayers helped me tremendously.

I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for you as an extern sister at Hanceville,but I'm sure that Jesus will guide you to the right place for you in the future. God Bless and Mary Keep.

DeoOptimoMaximo

Dear Lauren,

It was such an honor meeting you when I visited OLAM during my mission placement with the Glenmary Home Missioners.

God truly is calling you in a special way! You are in my prayers! :saint:

In His Service,

~Shawn
Seminarian,
Glenmary Home Missioners
Pontifical College Josephinum

brandelynmarie
:sign: Peace be with you! Hanceville truly is part of your journey, isn't it? May God continue to lead you where HE wants you!

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1088095' date='Oct 10 2006, 08:43 AM']
JMJ + FC

Hi Everyone,

Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever!

I came home from Our Lady of the Angels Monastery on September 21st. The Community there did not feel that I fit in with the extern sisters, and feels I may be called to the cloister in another PCPA monastery (as the one at OLAM is filled to capacity), or even to another Order altogether. I am at peace with the decision, even though I did not expect it, nor did I desire to leave. My postulancy in Hanceville was wonderful and everyday there was a joy for me. I know that is where the good Lord wanted me for that period in my life, and I do not regret it or feel like I wasted my time. He writes straight with crooked lines, and always opens a window if He closes a door. So although I don’t know where He’s taking me right now on this path of my vocation, I am content just to follow.

I wanted to ask for your prayers as I hope –if God wills it- to transfer to the PCPA monastery in Portsmouth, Ohio (St. Joseph Adoration Monastery, which will soon transfer to a new, larger monastery on more land). For now I am living with my family in Texas, trying my best to live a good horarium at home.

You can contact me at omniaprojesu@yahoo.com if you like. I have been lurking but I don’t think I will begin posting again on Phatmass (we’ll see, though). Know that you are all in my daily thoughts and prayers. God bless, Mary keep, and St. Joseph guard you!

In His Eucharistic Presence,
Lauren.

P.S.: Thank you to all who wrote to me and prayed for me after I entered. I know your prayers helped me tremendously.
[/quote]

Lauren,
it's so good to hear from you, I don't have much to say though, you are dealing with things so beautifully. Me and my family are praying very hard for you everyday. God aparently has plans for you and this is definitely not a step backward. There are only forward steps in God's plan, and we know you'll continue to fulfill God's will everyday.
Me and my family visited the Portsmouth PCPA's on our last trip to see the siblings and go to the Shrine. What a beautiful community, I think you will love it there :) I hope to be able to make a retreat there one day too, but for now I'm still waiting.
You have helped me greatly in my discernment process, you've just been wonderful.
God is truly calling you in a special way as DeoOptimoMaximo said, He certainly has His plans for you :) God Bless you!!! Please remember your always in our prayers,
In Christ
-Lori

Edited by uruviel

+

Thanks for sharing Lauren. You words are such a witness to the counter-cultural, mysterious, and awesome workings of God! They encourage and teach us all!

Prayers and Blessings!

Lauren, I'm sorry about the circumstances, but you have a great trust in God's plan. I know that you will fufill your vocation and serve God with love! Enjoy your family and time at home and God bless your continued discernment! I'll be praying for you! :sign:

franciscanheart

Lauren,

Your wisdom shines through in all that you have to say. I do not know what words are apt in such a situation except to say that, as you have been for some time, you are in my daily prayers. May the Lord bless you in your understanding and keep you always in His embrace.

with love,
Laura

Guest phatdaddy

Dear One,

For those of us who have been following, from a distance your vocation journey, I must say this was unexpected. I was so sad for you and I wished there was something I could say or do that would console you. Reading your post I see your faith and trust in God's providence ,and actually, you consoled me. Your trust and complete abandoment to our Lord's plan is inspiring. As lori said, we are praying for you everyday. God bless you future bride of Christ.
Mr. Ray

Yes! From the moment when I saw the pictures of your entrance, I startet to pray for you and the whole convent!
I will always pray for you!
Youßll find your way because God is with you!
:o :blowkiss: :priest:

Domine ut Videam

Lauren, I never had a chance to get to know you, but through your father i feel as though i have come to know you and slightly your vocation. (since we share the same name :cool: ) Know that you will be in my prayers as you continue discernment and carry this cross. Christ obviously trusts you a grat deal because he is allowing to to be unconfortable and wait on Him, to be weak and humbled. You will be in my prayers.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

I came here after you left and so, never got to know you but, I have heard so much about you through your father. May God lead you where he wills. I'm praying for you.

God Bless

Anna