An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visting The Summit Dominican Nuns

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Hello,

Brandee called me tonight. Unfortuately, I was at Theology on Tap and missed her call. However, she asked me to give the phatmass family an update.

Finally, she is home. A friend of hers came to Buffalo and picked her up. Needless to say the car is a write off. She is waiting right now to find out who is going to pick up the tab for a rental car.

She blesses everyone for your prayers. She says thanks so much and she is keeping all us in prayer including the Broke Daughters and Sons of St. Dominic. Brandee is home but as she said she is a little disoriented, that is, trying to readjust from all that has happened in the last few days. Not to mention, taking the time to listen and discern God's desire and will for her.

Hopefully, she will have access to a computer soon and she will be on to say Hi.

Believe me, Brandee has been blessed by our prayers. Blessed be God!!!

Hello,

Spoke to Brandee tonight before she went to work. Believe me she is a whole lot better now. She had her head injury checked out at the hospital she works for and she is all right.

Right now she is carless and so she doesn't know when she will be able to have acess to the internet again. It could for a while. She misses everyone and she blesses everyone for their prayers. Be assured of her continued prayers for the phatmass family and the Broke Daughters and Son of St. Dominic.

Now to be a bit of a tease, when Brandee returns, she will some story to tell you.

Stayed tuned!!

brandelynmarie
:bye: I'm back & able to get on-line at my friend's house! I decided to continue with this thread since DonnaMarie was able to relay my adventures (I'm very grateful for her updating y'all) & I wanted to let y'all know that I'm grateful FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS! :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: I honestly cannot believe that I have experienced all of this in a matter of weeks! So, now I'm cured of the virus & pink eye & my head is much better as well as carless & looking for another car...But, & I believe this from the bottom of my heart, God took a scary experience & was able to relieve me from my car loan! So that is one debt I will not have to worry about!
So even though I never made it to Summit :sadder:, I believe I have found my home in Buffalo :love:...I felt "at home" within the first 24 hours I was there & my meetings with Sr. Rose (the novice mistress) kept confirming that...I was able to attend the Divine Office & talk with another young cloistered nun whose family was visiting from Canada (they got snowed in with me!) It was so good to live in God's house & I miss being there very much...Through the incidents that happened, I ended up spending a week with them instead of 5 days...the running joke was that I was unable to leave Buffalo! God willing, I will be able to visit them for a week in the Spring & then do part of my aspirancy next Fall...Deo gratias! :blush:

VeniteAdoremus

I'm so glad you're back home safe! :)

Now tell us all - how was the Divine Office? Were you allowed to attend all hours or only morning and evening prayer, or...? Did your opinion on snow change? :)

brandelynmarie

I had keys to get into the church anytime I wanted to & was able to attend all the hours of the Divine Office (I only missed 24 hours after the accident). Um, what can I tell you...I fell in love with Dominican chant! Especially the Salve Regina at Compline! If I got up early enough, I would have a cup of coffee & maybe some toast before Office of Readings & Lauds at 5:35 am. There was about 45 minutes between that & Terce at 7:15 with Mass at 7:30. Sext was at 11:45 with the Angelus at noon. The community rosary was at 3:00pm with None. Vespers at 5:00 & then Compline at 8:00. Of course, the schedule slightly changed on Saturday & maybe Sunday...They chant the main hours in Latin & the rest in English...I was able to watch them through the grille & follow their posturing for sitting & standing & bowing (profound inclination). I miss it! :sadder:
As for the snow? :snowman: We sometimes get crazy storms in Ohio, but not until the Winter or early Spring...I've NEVER :shock: seen such weird weather in October! 19" of snow literally overnight with thunder & lightning lasting until midnight! Unreal! :blush:

Ask me anything! I hope I answered your question! :blush:

Edited by brandelynmarie

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1099622' date='Oct 24 2006, 12:37 AM']
:bounce: I am praying that it is so...
[/quote]

I knew it ... I could smell God's hands in the delay coming home (not to mention the accident).

:)

-- Carmen

brandelynmarie

oh my goodness Carmen! that's too funny! But, I believe you! :lol_pound:

Now, I must continue to try to respond to His grace...& not be like the plant in Christ's parable that began to grow in joy, but then got sidetracked & withered away...(my own personal interpretation!) :blush:

• 3 years later...
brandelynmarie

Now, I must continue to try to respond to His grace...& not be like the plant in Christ's parable that began to grow in joy, but then got sidetracked & withered away...(my own personal interpretation!) :blush:
[/quote]

Well...I am back...I definitely got sidetracked, but with God's grace...I am back & discerning anew...God only knows where the rest of this journey will lead me...Please pray for me & I shall pray for you...