An Old School Catholic Message Board

Campaigning Turns Nasty.

catholicinsd

catholicinsd

[url="http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2006/08/09/news/local/news03.txt"]The story[/url] is here.

It makes me sick to think that someone who claims to be anti-abortion can do something like that. I do hope Mr. Whalen suffers a huge defeat.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1084016' date='Oct 4 2006, 02:47 PM']
[url="http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2006/08/09/news/local/news03.txt"]The story[/url] is here.

It makes me sick to think that someone who claims to be anti-abortion can do something like that. I do hope Mr. Whalen suffers a huge defeat.
[/quote]
It was Mr. Whalen's manager, not Mr. Whalen. The manager did not have Whalen's permision, nor was directed by Whalen. It put's Whalen in a bad political spot, this close to election time. If he criticizes or fires his manager, it could be used to say Whalen is a bad judge of peopel. If he defends his manager, then Whalen looks like a jerk. Whalen hasn't addressed the e-mails, but did ask if the the other candidate was now pro-life, which she would not answer.

Campaigning always is nasty, don't know if you missed that, its a part of politics. ;) Wishing for a pro-life candidate to lose to a pro-abortion candidate just because of some mud-slinging is going overboard.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1084073' date='Oct 4 2006, 04:16 PM']
It was Mr. Whalen's manager, not Mr. Whalen. The manager did not have Whalen's permision, nor was directed by Whalen. It put's Whalen in a bad political spot, this close to election time. If he criticizes or fires his manager, it could be used to say Whalen is a bad judge of peopel. If he defends his manager, then Whalen looks like a jerk. Whalen hasn't addressed the e-mails, but did ask if the the other candidate was now pro-life, which she would not answer.
[/quote]

At a poo-woo, Mr. Whalen asked Ms. Herseth if it was true. She replied by saying she couldn't believe the question- he asked again then she denied it all.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1084127' date='Oct 4 2006, 04:46 PM']
Campaigning always is nasty, don't know if you missed that, its a part of politics. ;) Wishing for a pro-life candidate to lose to a pro-abortion candidate just because of some mud-slinging is going overboard.
[/quote]

So you think vandalizing Wikipedia and calling someone a home-wrecker is ok as long its done for a pro-life canidate?

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1084282' date='Oct 4 2006, 06:17 PM']
At a poo-woo, Mr. Whalen asked Ms. Herseth if it was true. She replied by saying she couldn't believe the question- he asked again then she denied it all.
So you think vandalizing Wikipedia and calling someone a home-wrecker is ok as long its done for a pro-life canidate?
[/quote](I believe he asked her if it was true she changed to become pro-life, not if the home-wrecking was true.)

But you make an excellent point.
It's better to have Whalen lose because he hired a creep for a manager, was a jerk when the creepy manager was an ass, and elect someone who doesn't want to limit abortion. That'll teach those rude mud-slinging degenerates. I agree with you.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1084304' date='Oct 4 2006, 06:25 PM']
But you make an excellent point.
It's better to have Whalen lose because he hired a creep for a manager, was a jerk when the creepy manager was an ass, and elect someone who doesn't want to limit abortion. That'll teach those rude mud-slinging degenerates. I agree with you.
[/quote]
Ditto. :lol:

Strange priorities for one whose sig line is about the sanctity of all human life.

[quote][b]Campaigning Turns Nasty.[/b][/quote]
"[b]Dog Bites Man."[/b]

catholicinsd

[quote name='Socrates' post='1084316' date='Oct 4 2006, 07:35 PM']

Strange priorities for one whose sig line is about the sanctity of all human life.

[/quote]

Well, Whalen isn't respecting the sanctity of Ms. Herseth's life, or that of her "baby"

[quote]"[b]Dog Bites Man."[/b][/quote]

Yeah, but in South Dakota campaigns are supposed to be civil, wiithout the term 'home-wrecker'.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1084323' date='Oct 4 2006, 06:45 PM']
Well, Whalen isn't respecting the sanctity of Ms. Herseth's life, or that of her "baby"
Yeah, but in South Dakota campaigns are supposed to be civil, wiithout the term 'home-wrecker'.
[/quote]
So now an uncivil word is considered morally worse than the mass-slaughter of innocent babies?

(I'm not saying incivility is right, but I am saying your priorities seem skewed.)

catholicinsd

[quote name='Socrates' post='1084325' date='Oct 4 2006, 07:50 PM']
So now an uncivil word is considered morally worse than the mass-slaughter of innocent babies?

(I'm not saying incivility is right, but I am saying your priorities seem skewed.)
[/quote]

No, abortion is far worse, but I don't think making a pretend baby helps the Culture of Life at all.