An Old School Catholic Message Board

Feast Of The Guardian Angels

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Dear Phamily,
I just wanted to share with you that today my monastery is celebrating it's 87th anniversary of foundation.
It's a joyous day for us and we've always known the protection of our angels on each sister and on the monastery.
Today, also, our Sr. Mary Ellen Timothy is celebrating her 45th anniversary of Profession.
To celebrate all this we'll have a special dinner in the community room so that we can TALK!
I heard rumours that someone is making chocolate chip cookies which are Sr. MET's favorite!
I guess I'll stay for dinner! :P:

You can read a bit about our history [url="http://monialesop.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_monialesop_archive.html"]HERE.[/url]

[quote]
To celebrate all this we'll have a special dinner in the community room so that we can TALK!
I heard rumours that someone is making chocolate chip cookies which are Sr. MET's favorite!
I guess I'll stay for dinner! :P:

[/quote]

Yay! Sounds fun! Congratulations! LOL, for the anniversary not the cookies. Although I suppose, congrats for the cookies too!

VeniteAdoremus

Congratulations, Sister! For your entire congregation, and especially for your sister... 45 years. I can't imagine.

passionheart

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1082245' date='Oct 2 2006, 06:56 PM']
Congratulations, Sister! For your entire congregation, and especially for your sister... 45 years. I can't imagine.
[/quote]

What a wonderful day of celebration for you and your sisters. I hoped you enjoyed your supper tonight and don't forget to leave some cookies for Brandee :)

Edited by passionheart

AlterDominicus

Chocolate Chip Cookies? Um....really....heheh...ha I wonder who could that be? Haha, hehehe...um...yeah. :sweat: :lol:

I mean it cant really be me. I dont make mine until - Um....well since I spilled the beans.

I dont make mine until October 7th, haha Feast of Our Lady of the , well you know the rest. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Honestly Alter sometimes you puzzle me! Is there something going on here that you want to share with the rest of us? :secret: :P:

Edited by zunshynn

AlterDominicus

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1082429' date='Oct 2 2006, 09:41 PM']
Honestly Alter sometimes you puzzle me! Is there something going on here that you want to share with the rest of us? :secret: :P:
[/quote]

:lol_pound: Glad I puzzle you, its a habit! :P: Lets just say the pham's novice mistress (Sister Mary Catharine) - happens to be a "extended family" novice mistress of mine, personally, so you can say we tend to bring out the good, funny, "dont you dare" things, and actually we also have a tendency to bring down the house on feast days with jokes, future events, activities, even if it is not the exact relation result, etc...

Right Sister Mary Catharine? :hehe: :hehehe: :evil: :lol:

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1082245' date='Oct 2 2006, 06:56 PM']
[/quote]

Thanks for your feast day greetings! Actually, it's only the anniversary of the monastery, not the Order (we aren't a congregration.) The Nuns throughout the world will be celebrating the super big foundation anniversary of 800 years this Advent-Epiphany 2008.
Someone the other day said, "Oh, sisters, but you don't look a day over 700!" :P:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1082773' date='Oct 3 2006, 03:02 PM']
Thanks for your feast day greetings! Actually, it's only the anniversary of the monastery, not the Order (we aren't a congregration.) The Nuns throughout the world will be celebrating the super big foundation anniversary of 800 years this Advent-Epiphany 2008.
Someone the other day said, "Oh, sisters, but you don't look a day over 700!" :P:
[/quote]

Oh, I'm -never- going to get the terminology right, am I? :(

In my language we use the same words for nuns and sisters. Imagine how confused I was at first. :)

Yes, the 800th anniversary - totally great. Maybe I'll go crazy and go to my mum's for that - she lives one village away from Albi!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1082773' date='Oct 3 2006, 03:02 PM']
[/quote]

Oh, I'm -never- going to get the terminology right, am I? :(

In my language we use the same words for nuns and sisters. Imagine how confused I was at first. :)

Yes, the 800th anniversary - totally great. Maybe I'll go crazy and go to my mum's for that - she lives one village away from Albi!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1082773' date='Oct 3 2006, 08:02 AM']Someone the other day said, "Oh, sisters, but you don't look a day over 700!" :P:[/quote]

:lol_pound: :lol_pound: :lol_pound: :rolling: :applause: :applause: :applause:

brandelynmarie

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?!?! :bounce: Anything with chocolate is a gift from God.... :blush:

(I hope y'all had a wonderful feast day!)

AlterDominicus

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1083664' date='Oct 4 2006, 08:39 AM']
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?!?! :bounce: Anything with chocolate is a gift from God.... :blush:

(I hope y'all had a wonderful feast day!)
[/quote]

[b]HERE! HERE![/b] :drunk: :cheers: :cheers: :drunk: <There is a story behind those smiles.

Anyway....I agree, I sent the nuns some really interesting pets last year for Christmas, unfortuntely only two survived in their original state. :weep: But hey at least they were eaten, they were Chocolate Mice. :D: :D: