An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jump Or Burn

Resurrexi

Jump or Burn?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

heavenseeker

Jump because you might as well have the thrill of free falling before you die. Niether are suicide being there would be no way of avoiding death, so all you are doing is choseing how you die

KnightofChrist

[quote name='rkwright' post='1083580' date='Oct 4 2006, 12:45 AM']
I wouldn't be praying to save me if I jumped or keep me alive in the building. I'd be praying for God to welcome me into his arms.
[/quote]

Prayer is all I can see we as children of God can do in a time like this, we should pray that a day like that never comes, yet when it does we should pray for Gods mercy and love to welcome us home.

heavenseeker

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1084486' date='Oct 4 2006, 10:49 PM']
If a fireman comes and saves you before you jump you might live...
[/quote]
if your close enough to the ground to be rescued then yes take chances of being rescued but if your so for up that your clearly going to die one way or the other then at least have a thrill befor you die.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1084486' date='Oct 4 2006, 10:49 PM']
If a fireman comes and saves you before you jump you might live...
[/quote]

I'm telling you survival instinct takes over.

Have you ever been trapped by serious fire conditions?

thessalonian

The proper response is not there. For we cannot determine if it is suicide to jump or not. It would depend on the heart and mind of the jumper. Perhaps they are hoping that when they hit the ground they will only break a few dozen bones. I heard of a man who jumped out of an airplaine from a thousand feet up, his parachute wouldn't open, and survived. I do not think that staying in the building could be considered suicide except if someone in there desired death.

Edited by thessalonian

The correct solution is waiting to jump after you catch on fire.

Wait for it...
wait for it...
wait for it...

Okay. Now!

How cool would that be?

let_go_let_God

This is a horrible topic. The people who were trapped in the buildings and airplanes had no choice to be where they were at those moments. Many people lost their loved ones that day and some people couldn't probably control what they were doing during their last moments of life. God knows what was in the hearts of every one of the victims and understands every situation. It is not up to us to speculate.

God bless-
LGLG

heavenseeker

[quote name='let_go_let_God' post='1085384' date='Oct 6 2006, 12:04 AM']
This is a horrible topic. The people who were trapped in the buildings and airplanes had no choice to be where they were at those moments. Many people lost their loved ones that day and some people couldn't probably control what they were doing during their last moments of life. God knows what was in the hearts of every one of the victims and understands every situation. It is not up to us to speculate.

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]
I agree, what their intentions were shouldn't be questioned. The only thing we have right to state is how we would have acted in such a situation.

Mary-Kathryn

In the end, there is no speculation. [b]ALL[/b] death certificates from that day listed the cause of death as homocide.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1085381' date='Oct 6 2006, 12:01 AM']
Um no... have u?
[/quote]

[quote name='Jasvon' post='1085492' date='Oct 6 2006, 10:44 AM']
Budge confuses the written Word of God that testifies of Jesus Christ (John 5:39) with the LIVING Word, Jesus Christ Himself.

God bless you
[/quote]

Yes.

Speculation over what you would do, or especially what others did, is moot until you do. It's good to have a plan. You should plan to remain calm and try to find a way out. But that calmness only lasts so long.

To be culpable for a sin, you must exercise free choice, and I would be very hesitant to ascribe that to any but a professional. The heat put off by a seriously involved area, is incredible. It's not like getting close to your fireplace or bbq grill. It's not like standing outside and watching a house burn.

I'd try the stairs... but if completely blocked, try to climb out the window and down the building.. maybe there's a pipe right outside like in movies? Jumping would have more of a chance of survival if you had no way of going through the flames

Birgitta Noel

Umm, I'm sorry, can we stop this discussion?

Knowing someone lost in the WTC I find this topic/poll offensive, rude, and uncalled for.

(Not all of the responses, just the general poll etc. STMs intent may not have been to offend as I believe he is young and perhaps doesn't realize the impact the way in which one asks a question can have, but regardless. . .)

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and may perpetual Light shine upon them.