An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jump Or Burn

Resurrexi

Jump or Burn?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont know this whole thread is kind of creepy...

Jump or Burn..

is this a way to respect the victims of 9-11 either?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Budge' post='1081052' date='Oct 1 2006, 06:35 PM']
Wow sometimes there is honesty in humor.

Mary wont save you nor Allah, youre sunk...;)

Actually would a Bible banging Christian even be in the WTC unless they got dragged in with a tour group?

Money-grubbing big city insane Manhattans the last darn place I would want to visit, work or live in...

{still feel sorry for all the innocent victims, and what they went through}
[/quote]
SHAME ON YOU!!! Who are you to decide who is and who isn't a Christian. I'm betting there were a LOT of people in the WTC, the Pentagon and in those planes who were following Christ right up until their last moments on earth. Christians are needed to work in all walks of life.

[quote name='Budge' post='1081125' date='Oct 1 2006, 07:33 PM']
I dont know this whole thread is kind of creepy...

Jump or Burn..

is this a way to respect the victims of 9-11 either?
[/quote]
And suggesting that there weren't any TRUE Christians in the WTC is???

BTW, I'm not trying to judge other's actions... I made this thread to find out what HMC's offocial position on the matter of jumping out of a burning buliding in general was.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1080992' date='Oct 1 2006, 05:25 PM']
I was gonna vote for

..."This is a jerky question and we can not judge the minds and hearts of those poor people involved, just pray for them and their soul:...
but i couldnt find it..hmm
[/quote]

:blush:

"think" doesnt happen in that situation...

jerky for assuming that one situation was respectful, and the other as suicide

If you are trapped in a burning building, it's not a choice, it's accepting the inevitable that was caused by others. Jumping is more proactive and is actively giveing up. Tom, it IS jerky as you are insinuating a judgement upon what people are choosing. A basic understanding of mortal sin as well as a basic understanding of the human psyche would illuminate the fact that extreme conditions with no apparent 'good' outcome or choice limits the free operation of the will. Jumping would be a mortal act, but in no stretch of the imagination, a mortal sin.

This is a pretty wacky thread, and probably not in good taste.

but I'll just throw in some thoughts...

1st - it is in no way our job or even our right to judge the actions of those people. In fact in general we are not supposed to judge where any soul goes; that is God's role not ours.

2nd - STM I can see why you might think jumping would be considered suicide. But I do not understand why you think 'burning' would be suicide. Unless you're implying that the person threw themselves in the fire. But if you're just talking about those people who died because they did not jump and died, I can't even understand why anyone would consider that suicide. Thats murder plain and simple. Just because you know you're probably going to die does not in any way make it suicide.

either way, I'm with KnightofChrist on this one. I wouldn't be praying to save me if I jumped or keep me alive in the building. I'd be praying for God to welcome me into his arms.

[quote name='Budge' post='1081052' date='Oct 1 2006, 06:35 PM']
Wow sometimes there is honesty in humor.

Mary wont save you nor Allah, youre sunk...;)

Actually would a Bible banging Christian even be in the WTC unless they got dragged in with a tour group?

Money-grubbing big city insane Manhattans the last darn place I would want to visit, work or live in...

{still feel sorry for all the innocent victims, and what they went through}
[/quote]

What about the firefighters, you moron?
Or the janitors?
Imbecile.

As for the choice, I'll tell you if you're faced with the heat and smoke like that, it ain't a choice.