An Old School Catholic Message Board

Deleted Thread?

Budge

[quote] Moved: Holy Trinity, [b]One Allah
have mercy on us.[/b]
-- StThomasMore -- Today, 12:47 PM
Last post by: StThomasMore[/quote]

hmm interesting....

I wasn't praying to the idol of the Mohammadans, I was just showing how the Arabic word for God could be used in Catholic Prayer... it's just like I can say "Holy Trinity, one Deus, miserere nobis" or "Holy Trinity, one Theos, miserere nobis". If you read the post all I did was take the beginning of Catholic litanies and changed all the "God"s to "Allah"s. Seriously.... I'm a hard core traditionalist, do you actually think I would pray to the Mohammadan false god?

Edited by StThomasMore

[quote]I wasn't praying to the idol of the Mohammadans, I was just showing how the Arabic word for God could be used in Catholic Prayer... it's just like I can say "Holy Trinity, one Deus, miserere nobis" or "Holy Trinity, one Theos, miserere nobis". If you read the post all I did was take the beginning of Catholic litanies and changed all the "God"s to "Allah"s. Seriously.... I'm a hard core traditionalist, do you actually think I would pray to the Mohammadan false god?[/quote]

Ah the semantic game-playing.

I already said I knew Allah can be a word use for God by Christians in Arab countries.

I make a distinction by trying to always write Allah of Islam.....

Why would you start speaking in Arabic, to show off? To prove a point I already explained?

Seems dumb to me.

Edited by Budge

so is this why you made a whole thread for this budge? I don't really understand. Are you trying to argue any possible thing you can think of?

homeschoolmom

I think it was intended to be moved, but was accidentally deleted. Sorry about that, STM (though I didn't go it). Thanks for the chance to clear that up, Budge. :)

Guest T-Bone

Budge, since it was a SNAFU that it was deleted, it's a moot point, but if there was a thread where a Catholic advocated praying to a false God, and said thread was deleted, wouldn't that be a good thing? I mean, that would prove that Catholics don't worship a false God...