An Old School Catholic Message Board

We Love The Inquisition!?

Budge

I was going to bump up the thread where over 70% here voted FOR the inquisition...
but couldnt find it.

What is scary is years ago on EWTN, some Catholic theologian on the answers forum made a big booboo, and actually admitted publically, the real Catholic attitude towards the Inquisition....

[color="#FF0000"]we don't link to anti-catholic bigot pages[/color]
Im sure glad a Christian website took a picture of this site before EWTN skulked off and took it down after all the complaints.

[quote]

From the perspective of an obstinate heretic who was taken to the scaffold to be executed but who recanted before dying,[size=2] the Inquisition may have ultimately [u]been a “good” thing[/u], assuming, of course, that the person went to Heaven who would have otherwise gone to Hell, except for the “grace” of the Inquisition. [/size]Of course, only God knows for sure.[/quote]

[img]http://www.wayoflife.org/gifs/persecution29.jpg[/img]

So how many here would support getting out the matches again?

Not me. "Some Catholic theologian" doesn't do it for me. Again, people are won over to Christ by someone [i]living[/i] their faith, not by someone killing them or by someone annoying them.

Not me. "Some Catholic theologian" doesn't do it for me. Again, people are won over to Christ by someone [i]living[/i] their faith, not by someone killing them or by someone annoying them.

[quote]Again, people are won over to Christ by someone living their faith, not by someone killing them or by someone annoying them.
[/quote]

Ok glad youre against it. Good.

actually as for annoying people....Scripture teaches that the gospel would be of offense to unbelievrs.

[quote]we don't link to anti-catholic bigot pages[/quote]

That is picture of a Catholic page.
[quote]
So how many here would support getting out the matches again?
caption_yes.gif[/quote]

Thanks for the honest answer, though obviously I do believe that is a sign of the Holy Spirit lacking within you.

Edited by Budge

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1080768' date='Oct 1 2006, 02:09 PM']
Why not leave it up for others to read?

Censorship the catholic way....
[/quote]

This is a catholic board, we don't post anti-catholic carp, and do not tolerate anti-catholic links , and if you don't like it, go elsewhere.